Login   Register
 Login    Register
Trump is being blackmailed by Russia.
AndySmith
Im not special.

SharonNeedles wrote:Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18E106

Nothing to see here.

My favorite quote, "Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy..."

The irony is fun.

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

They were just sharing recipes.
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

I've always wanted to try borscht.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

Dootson Grad
it's two dimes thick

Pretty thorough Vox survey of fake news getting mixed in the Russia stuff. The most interesting line I thought was the comparison to Birtherism -- mainstream Republicans allowed it to just fester and "metasticize" as the article puts it, and that kind of thing ultimately leads to the Trump candidacy. This article warns of a similar trend leading to a Trump-style era (or it's mirror reverse) in the Democratic party.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/155 ... ise-mensch

_me
Revisionist

The main difference being that one President was born in the US, had contemporary newspaper announcements at the time of his birth and a copy of his birth certificate.

The other is currently under investigation by the FBI and a special prosecutor.

That is not to say the CTers are correct but there is a big difference between them. I would more compare it to "9-11 Truthers". Not believing the "official story" but details vary about the rest of the CT depending on the source.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

AndySmith
Im not special.

Dootson Grad wrote:Pretty thorough Vox survey of fake news getting mixed in the Russia stuff. The most interesting line I thought was the comparison to Birtherism -- mainstream Republicans allowed it to just fester and "metasticize" as the article puts it, and that kind of thing ultimately leads to the Trump candidacy. This article warns of a similar trend leading to a Trump-style era (or it's mirror reverse) in the Democratic party.

I'll believe these two things are comparable when there's a wave of left-wing nutjobs elected to Congress in 2018 in the way of the Tea Party movement.

One thing the author does mention that backs up the idea that this will just remain on the fringes is that there isn't a built-in liberal media infrastructure to amplify these things like there is on the conservative side. There's not a liberal Limbaugh shouting about this every day to millions of people. There's no liberal cable news station to then just act as a backup for the most outrageous wing of the left.

AndySmith
Im not special.

_me wrote:The main difference being that one President was born in the US, had contemporary newspaper announcements at the time of his birth and a copy of his birth certificate.

The other is currently under investigation by the FBI and a special prosecutor.

That is not to say the CTers are correct but there is a big difference between them. I would more compare it to "9-11 Truthers". Not believing the "official story" but details vary about the rest of the CT depending on the source.

There are connections between Trump officials and Russia. That's the difference. That doesn't mean that it's all a big conspiracy, but it does mean that there is something to look into. The birther movement was just straight up conspiracy nonsense that was uninterested in facts. They are the same as people who are posting pictures of kids singing at the Super Bowl as evidence that Sandy Hook was a false flag operation to take away guns.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

AndySmith wrote:
Dootson Grad wrote:Pretty thorough Vox survey of fake news getting mixed in the Russia stuff. The most interesting line I thought was the comparison to Birtherism -- mainstream Republicans allowed it to just fester and "metasticize" as the article puts it, and that kind of thing ultimately leads to the Trump candidacy. This article warns of a similar trend leading to a Trump-style era (or it's mirror reverse) in the Democratic party.

I'll believe these two things are comparable when there's a wave of left-wing nutjobs elected to Congress in 2018 in the way of the Tea Party movement.

One thing the author does mention that backs up the idea that this will just remain on the fringes is that there isn't a built-in liberal media infrastructure to amplify these things like there is on the conservative side. There's not a liberal Limbaugh shouting about this every day to millions of people. There's no liberal cable news station to then just act as a backup for the most outrageous wing of the left.

CNN, NBC, etc
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

AndySmith
Im not special.

appleshampoo wrote:
AndySmith wrote:

CNN, NBC, etc

They aren't liberal. And they definitely aren't at all an outlet for anything that could be considered far left in the same way that Fox News is to the far right.

_me
Revisionist

Anything that doesn't agree with them 100% of the time regardless of facts is "liberal"
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

AndySmith wrote:
appleshampoo wrote:
AndySmith wrote:

CNN, NBC, etc

They aren't liberal. And they definitely aren't at all an outlet for anything that could be considered far left in the same way that Fox News is to the far right.

It's adorable that you think Fox News is far right.

CNN, NBC, basically any news is centrist. But Centrism is a dangerous area. It allows them to praise Trump for bombing Syria and then at the same time talk about culture appropriation unironically. They're not far left, but they're definitely liberal.

Fox News is also centrist, with a few farther from center hosts(just like CNN with a few farther from center left).

Extreme left and extreme right are not marketable at all to the masses. They have pundits and guests on who are far left or far right, sure, but never hosts, and never network officials.

_me
Revisionist

Agree that FOX is not "far right" for America but from the the world perspective, it is very far right. Anything similar is just acknowledged as state propaganda. Agree with the mainstream media = centrist part and centrism can be dangerous. Definitely disagree that centrist = liberal unless "liberal" just means majority held view.

But FOX has an agenda to benefit the Republican Party. That is unlike any other media channel. They have agendas too but it is not to provide cover for a political party; their agenda is to increase viewership by creating controversy/drama (but they don't care who is benefits/harms). The most "liberal" host on FOX is Sheppard Smith. He would be completely middle of the road everywhere else.

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

Why's that? If he was a CNN host you wouldn't even think anything of him

_me
Revisionist

Because he is an actual centrist. They are a dime a dozen at CNN, a little rarer at MSNBC but one in a million at FOX.

Dootson Grad
it's two dimes thick

Fox has Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, Bob Bechel, and used to have Greta Van Sundstrom.