Login   Register
 Login    Register
Climate Change Solutions - Vinod Khosla
GermanyOrFlorida

It's about an hour, but it is fascinating and well worth watching - it definitely challenges some ideas about what is worth doing and what isn't.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/euXfy9c3Vuw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/euXfy9c3Vuw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

Does it mention anything about pouring liquid glass into the engine and red lining it until it spews oil onto the? ground or filling junk yards with smashed Volvos?
Last edited by Heinrich_Victory on August 3rd, 2009, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermanyOrFlorida

Heinrich_Victory wrote:Does it mention anything about pouring liquid glass into the engine and red lining it until it spews oil onto the? ground or filling junk yards with smashed Volvos?

No, but he attacks putting solar panels on buildings which I know you'd like.

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

I've no problem with solar panels, so long as they're actually purposed properly (I'm looking right the fuck at you Interface Global in Atlanta) and there's a reasonable expectation of their output verses initial cost.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

what about foreign oil? that could certainly help our energy problems
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Burt
SEG is correct

phpBB [video]

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

Vinod khosla just lost a big case for being a greedy dick:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nod-khosla
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

SharonNeedles wrote:Vinod khosla just lost a big case for being a greedy dick:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nod-khosla

But Khosla eventually bought the property and in 2010 closed public access, putting up signs warning against trespassing.
Khosla, who has a net worth of $1.55bn and does not live on the property...

What a piece of shit.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

What a bizarre story. It doesn't appear that Martins Beach is super popular, very tone deaf of a guy who doesn't even live there to immediately want to shut down access (that had been granted for 100 years). If he turned it into a mega estate where he was going to live a decent amount of the time, I suppose I would understand why he'd want to shut down that road.....I'd still think he's a dick, but hey he spent millions and that road is "his"..... from there you let the courts decide about all of the public beach access statutes (as they've done for years down in SoCal etc.

Don't know if it'd be possible to truly document, but it'd be fantastic if all of this publicity resulted in 100x more people coming to the beach/otherwise disrupting his property, whereas it would have been the same, sleepy, amount of people if just hadn't put up a locked gate.

Also, I look forward to him guesting with Adam, soon, to discuss the horrors of being rich.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Digital Blackface

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/angel ... mate-goal/

Welllll, Welllllllllllll, Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

And FYI even though we’re not part of the Kyoto accord, we still met our goals of reducing emissions, we’re just not paying other countries a bunch of money to do it

Get fuuuuuuuuuucked

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?