Login   Register
 Login    Register
Global warming is a big scam...
Jew Alcindor

When I stepped outside today, it was -11. Global warming is nothing more than the latest anti-establishment craze to capture the imaginations of the detestable group of miscreants that call themselves "liberals." You people are truly shameless in your exploitation of "scientific" data to advance your heinous agenda. A pox on all of you.

cmr
taco muncher

I think the claims of AGW proponents are over-cooked as well, but I wouldn't strawman their argument down to something like, "it's gonna be hot all the time." The seasons aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by cmr on January 4th, 2010, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

This is like the 50th time I've heard this this winter... "Man it's cold out! So much for global warming, eh?" Yes, because global climate change = it's never going to get cold ever again.
This morning on my way to work I saw a plastic bag floating up into the air and off behind a tree... so much for gravity! What a scam!

GermanyOrFlorida

I saw water in a pond this morning, what are those people in Ethiopia crying about drought for? What a scam!

cmr
taco muncher

ebolarama wrote:This is like the 50th time I've heard this this winter... "Man it's cold out! So much for global warming, eh?" Yes, because global climate change = it's never going to get cold ever again.
This morning on my way to work I saw a plastic bag floating up into the air and off behind a tree... so much for gravity! What a scam!

Was it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

cmr wrote:Was it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

Next to the next bird carcass... it truly was

turrell

I saw people waiting in huge lines to pay $12 to see Avatar - the recession must be over too.
@bryanturriff on Twitter

Dusty
RIP 10.9.1987--11.4.2013

When I stepped outside today, it was -11. Global warming is nothing more than the latest anti-establishment craze to capture the imaginations of the detestable group of miscreants that call themselves "liberals." You people are truly shameless in your exploitation of "scientific" data to advance your heinous agenda. A pox on all of you.

Last edited by Dusty on January 4th, 2010, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmr
taco muncher

turrell wrote:I saw people waiting in huge lines to pay $12 to see Avatar - the recession must be over too.

I will say, it is a bit interesting that, of the fifty top grossing movies of all-time (adjusted for inflation, of course), 19 of them were released in the past three years.

brettj72

cmr wrote:I think the claims of AGW proponents are over-cooked as well, but I wouldn't strawman their argument down to something like, "it's gonna be hot all the time." The seasons aren't going anywhere.

True but GW will have a much different effect on somewhere like North Dakota as it does on Southern California. The planet warming up a few degrees doesn't seem quite as bad if you live up north.
I made SlowandGo my bitch.

The Ayatollah of Rockolla

brettj72 wrote:True but GW will have a much different effect on somewhere like North Dakota as it does on Southern California. The planet warming up a few degrees doesn't seem quite as bad if you live up north.

Well, unless you own waterfront property...

Dusty
RIP 10.9.1987--11.4.2013

The Ayatollah of Rockolla wrote:Well, unless you own waterfront property...

Floating house, problem solved.

Phil_T_Enward

Whether it's a result of the human race or not, you can't refute the fact that the icecaps are melting. Google it. Maybe it's a natural cycle for the planet earth, maybe not, but it is happening ever more rapidly.
It's the subtle global warming that's doing it. As the ice melts, it cools the oceans, which in turn will eventually lead to another ice-age..... or so I've heard. Maybe that's why it was -11.
Last edited by Phil_T_Enward on January 9th, 2010, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good Times

It was like 80 today & I put sunscreen on. Global warming is totally a hoax.

bgn

Good Times wrote:It was like 80 today & I put sunscreen on. Global warming is totally a hoax.

So it would have been 78 without global warming? Would you have noticed the difference?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
I love it when people act like they can "sense" a 2 or 3 degree F temperature difference over 100 years.