Login   Register
 Login    Register
Global warming is a big scam...
Neil T
Dead chuffed

The Chinese are building a $500bn solar/wind/electrical business. That's what we should be doing, not pretending a tiny number of fucking coal jobs will be still around for the future.

Cosmo
Unfuckable Fly (aka Tex)

A fucking men.

_me
Revisionist

Neil T wrote:The Chinese are building a $500bn solar/wind/electrical business. That's what we should be doing, not pretending a tiny number of fucking coal jobs will be still around for the future.

Get that practical common sense idea out of here. How does that punish liberals? You always have to remember to focus on that, not solving problems. Since annoying Liberals (and the rest of the planet) is the only purpose of the Republicans at this point.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Follow the money, monkeyrighttards. /Poochie
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I'm not a scientist.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Digital Blackface wrote:why are you all so stupid?

backsack
I like urban kids

Cherry Pie wrote:I'm not a scientist.

"I don't know anything about it, I won't even bother to do any independent research, but I know it's bullshit!"
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cherry Pie wrote:You're stupid, Todd.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I'm just a skeptic, dude.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

backsack
I like urban kids

Cherry Pie wrote:How can you predict the weather 80 years from now? Why can't they predict a month from now? I don't get it.

Rejecting the conclusions based on your lack of understanding doesn't make you a skeptic. It makes you ignorant. A skeptic would examine the science and question the methods used to formulate the hypothesis, or perhaps research the data and question whether the data supports the results. You're ignorance makes you insecure and your insecurity makes you angry at the "elites" with whom you associate this issue.

Even if global warming exists, I don't think we can change it. We shouldn't kill thousands of jobs for something that might effect people hundreds of years from now. Something that we probably can't change.

You don't understand it, so that means it can't be influenced. Again, not skepticism, ignorance.
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cherry Pie wrote:You're stupid, Todd.

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

CP has a spare Planet she can hop on.
With her typewriter repairmen, chimney sweepers and phone operator unions.
now you sound like that guy in the white dress that calls himself doctor

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

Let's start at the beginning. repeat after me: 'weather is not the same as climate'.

Burt
SEG is correct

Der Lobo wrote:Let's start at the beginning. repeat after me: 'weather is not the same as climate'.

You couldn't possibly know that unless you are a scientist.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

I'm skeptical of those definitions.
cantjudge wrote:Oh, I thought all the black wangs would help.

AndySmith
Im not special.

Cherry Pie wrote:How can you predict the weather 80 years from now? Why can't they predict a month from now? I don't get it.

Even if global warming exists, I don't think we can change it. We shouldn't kill thousands of jobs for something that might effect people hundreds of years from now. Something that we probably can't change.

Are you really that uninformed? Really?

Do you really not know the difference between climate and weather? This is like elementary school level science.

Weather is the current atmospheric conditions. We can predict it out with some level of accuracy for a few days to week by compiling data of moving air masses, wind patterns, how current conditions interact with those that are moving in this direction. But the further out you go, the more variables there are to what will influence the exact conditions at a given time so predicting it becomes impossible.

Climate is the pattern of conditions in a given area or really the whole Earth if you want to go out that far. Over time we can see patterns and predict general conditions for longer periods of time like seasons. I can't tell you what the exact temperature will be on October 12, 2019 in Los Angeles, but I can tell you what is typical weather for that time of year but it may not match what the actual weather is that day. It could be unseasonably warm, or unseasonably cold or rainy or sunny or windy or calm. It doesn't matter if it defies all of the typical weather for that time of year because it's just one data point in a set of thousands that have been compiled. In of itself it doesn't matter that 2016 was the hottest year on record in many places. What does matter is that over time we see a pattern and as the pattern emerges, based on other historic data gather from Arctic sea ice, rock layers, etc we can determine whether that fits the larger pattern of climate change.

A popular climate change denial argument is that climate changes naturally and has changed drastically in ways that can't be the result of human influence. And that is true, if humans ceased to exist tomorrow the climate would change over time without us. However, using data we can determine what the pattern should be without human interaction by looking at thousands of years worth of data that's been gathered by geologists, archaeologists, anthropologists, historians, meteorologists, biologists, oceanographers, and on and on comparing it to what is happening. And if over a long span of time that pattern isn't fitting, and we know what the effects of raised levels of carbon and other greenhouses gases are in an atmosphere we can determine that those to things are connected.

As for what we can do as people to change it, to some extent we can't do anything to keep the climate from changing, but that doesn't mean we can't mitigate the negative effects we are having on the Earth. Think of climate change like cancer. You may not be able to do anything to stop yourself from getting cancer, ultimately it could be out of your hands, but that isn't excuse to do things that will increase the chances of you getting cancer. The fact that you might have cancer in the future isn't an excuse to smoke and dramatically increase the chances of it happening. The same goes with climate change, burning massive amounts of fossil fuels is like smoking for the Earth but an even more certain path to negative effects. There is some infinitesimal chance that doing everything in our power will not work to mitigate climate change. That if tomorrow we adopted every thing we can think of to do it, it might still happen. But that's not a reason to throw it out the window and say, "fuck it."

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

I didn't read all that but I assume you hit all the big marks of climate denying

Meanwhile you just denied there was a staged protest despite video evidence

It's almost like you don't care about the truth anyhow