Login   Register
 Login    Register
Guns
OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

OldSnake wrote:well, except for the Native Americans killing 10 children in Greencastle. But small pox blankets tho/quote]

Inside were the schoolmaster, Enoch Brown, and a number of young students. Brown pleaded with the warriors to spare the children; nonetheless he was shot and scalped. The warriors then tomahawked and scalped the children. Brown and nine children were killed. Two scalped children survived their wounds. Four children were taken as prisoners.

A day earlier, the warriors had encountered a pregnant woman, Susan King Cunningham, on the road. She was beaten to death, scalped, and the baby was cut out of her body.

Why did white people have to be so racist against Natives and kill them? =(
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:It excludes incidents that occurred during wars or police actions, as well as murder-suicides by rejected suitors or estranged spouses, and suicides or suicide attempts involving only one person. Mass shootings by staff of schools that involve only other employees are covered at workplace killings. This list does not include bombings such as the Bath School disaster.
The biggest difference is the amount of victims. But that is just because you used to only have a couple of bullets to fire. Not an entire magazine in seconds.

All the shootings from pre colonial years to the early 20th century were almost exclusively duels, or grudges and only a few would be considered a "mass shooting" . No one went to the school to kill an innocent mass.

well, except for the Native Americans killing 10 children in Greencastle. But small pox blankets tho

That is because technology made it impossible to kill innocent masses. You had 6 bullets at most. Sometimes 2. If people were showing up with muskets and shotguns and not semiautomatic AR-15s, we would have much fewer victims today too.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

poochies uncle

Digital Blackface wrote:
_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:Most of those were military attacks also not specifying children either

but another 2+2=Slavery post

That is because slavery is the giant fucking elephant in the room with the founding fathers. You can't pretend they were these infallible people with perfect thoughts while ignoring the fact that they set up a system to legally own other people. Kind of a big mistake. If they made that mistake, maybe they also made a mistake with the 2nd amendment too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States
This is a chronological list of school shootings in the United States. It consists of incidents in which a firearm was discharged at a school infrastructure, including incidents of shootings on a school bus. This list contains shooting incidents that occurred on the campuses of K-12 public schools and private schools, as well as colleges and universities. Each must have a full citation to a reliable source.

It excludes incidents that occurred during wars or police actions, as well as murder-suicides by rejected suitors or estranged spouses, and suicides or suicide attempts involving only one person. Mass shootings by staff of schools that involve only other employees are covered at workplace killings. This list does not include bombings such as the Bath School disaster.

The biggest difference is the amount of victims. But that is just because you used to only have a couple of bullets to fire. Not an entire magazine in seconds.

Image America Image didn't Image invent Image slavery Image

Um yes we did

Jesus wrote the constitution and Moses freed the blacks.

It says it right there in the Bible.

OldSnake

_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:It excludes incidents that occurred during wars or police actions, as well as murder-suicides by rejected suitors or estranged spouses, and suicides or suicide attempts involving only one person. Mass shootings by staff of schools that involve only other employees are covered at workplace killings. This list does not include bombings such as the Bath School disaster.

All the shootings from pre colonial years to the early 20th century were almost exclusively duels, or grudges and only a few would be considered a "mass shooting" . No one went to the school to kill an innocent mass.

well, except for the Native Americans killing 10 children in Greencastle. But small pox blankets tho

That is because technology made it impossible to kill innocent masses.

Actually read the descriptions of the killings from the pre-colonial days throughout the 1800s, show me the one where someone thought it would be rad to kill a bunch of innocent people. Guess what, the warriors that killed all those kids only had one gun and only used it to kill the teacher, the rest got fucking scalped by tomahawks. The would've killed more but they ran out of people to kill.
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:That is because slavery is the giant fucking elephant in the room with the founding fathers. You can't pretend they were these infallible people with perfect thoughts while ignoring the fact that they set up a system to legally own other people. Kind of a big mistake. If they made that mistake, maybe they also made a mistake with the 2nd amendment too.

There were contentious issues when the constitution was being written? You're kidding? Owning slaves was common through out human history and in West Africa chattel slavery still exists today. Get off the white guilt high horse already.

France gave up slaves in 1794. England in 1807. Spain in 1811. Netherlands in 1814. The founding fathers were still alive when the rest of western society stopped thinking it was a good idea to own other people. Even America stopped importing trans-Atlantic slaves after 1807 since no one was selling them anymore. It wasn't really contentious. There were just a few people still hanging on the old ways and made us fight a war 50 years later (!) to finally get them to give up. Which they still didn't for another 100 years…
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

OldSnake

OldSnake wrote:the rest got fucking scalped by tomahawks.

#TomahawkControl

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:

Actually read the descriptions of the killings from the pre-colonial days throughout the 1800s, show me the one where someone thought it would be rad to kill a bunch of innocent people. Guess what, the warriors that killed all those kids only had one gun and only used it to kill the teacher, the rest got fucking scalped by tomahawks. The would've killed more but they ran out of people to kill.

Killing a bunch of innocent people is still incredible rare. Almost all mass shootings involve the targeting of a specific person/location.

_me
Revisionist

Digital Blackface wrote:
_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:Most of those were military attacks also not specifying children either

but another 2+2=Slavery post

That is because slavery is the giant fucking elephant in the room with the founding fathers. You can't pretend they were these infallible people with perfect thoughts while ignoring the fact that they set up a system to legally own other people. Kind of a big mistake. If they made that mistake, maybe they also made a mistake with the 2nd amendment too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States
This is a chronological list of school shootings in the United States. It consists of incidents in which a firearm was discharged at a school infrastructure, including incidents of shootings on a school bus. This list contains shooting incidents that occurred on the campuses of K-12 public schools and private schools, as well as colleges and universities. Each must have a full citation to a reliable source.

It excludes incidents that occurred during wars or police actions, as well as murder-suicides by rejected suitors or estranged spouses, and suicides or suicide attempts involving only one person. Mass shootings by staff of schools that involve only other employees are covered at workplace killings. This list does not include bombings such as the Bath School disaster.

Image America Image didn't Image invent Image slavery Image

Correct. We just hung onto it decades longer than every other civilized society.

OldSnake

_me wrote:France gave up slaves in 1794. England in 1807. Spain in 1811. Netherlands in 1814. The founding fathers were still alive when the rest of western society stopped thinking it was a good idea to own other people.

You should look up American history a bit more, the US took measures to end slavery long before any of those countries, they also did it without a professional military as well. Hint hint, trying to get rich people to things without a military to force them to do it was pretty fucking tough back then. You should take a closer look at some of those French and British colonies in their "post slavery" days as well. Spoiler alert, there was still slavery.

Even America stopped importing trans-Atlantic slaves after 1807 since no one was selling them anymore. It wasn't really contentious. There were just a few people still hanging on the old ways and made us fight a war 50 years later (!) to finally get them to give up. Which they still didn't for another 100 years…

Ah, the white guilt oozes from this post. "No one was selling them anymore" rings hollow when Nigeria, Mauritania and a bunch of Western Africans still have chattel slavery. 5% of Mauritania residents are slaves for god's sake.

OldSnake

_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:

Killing a bunch of innocent people is still incredible rare. Almost all mass shootings involve the targeting of a specific person/location.

Oh so then it's not a problem then? So why are you bitching about it in the first place?

Digital Blackface

regressive leftists are just white supremacists with guilty consciences

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:
OldSnake wrote:

Oh so then it's not a problem then? So why are you bitching about it in the first place?

Because mass shooting at a specific target is NOT incredibly rare. They happen almost daily in America.

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:
_me wrote:France gave up slaves in 1794. England in 1807. Spain in 1811. Netherlands in 1814. The founding fathers were still alive when the rest of western society stopped thinking it was a good idea to own other people.

You should look up American history a bit more, the US took measures to end slavery long before any of those countries, they also did it without a professional military as well. Hint hint, trying to get rich people to things without a military to force them to do it was pretty fucking tough back then. You should take a closer look at some of those French and British colonies in their "post slavery" days as well. Spoiler alert, there was still slavery.

Even America stopped importing trans-Atlantic slaves after 1807 since no one was selling them anymore. It wasn't really contentious. There were just a few people still hanging on the old ways and made us fight a war 50 years later (!) to finally get them to give up. Which they still didn't for another 100 years…

Ah, the white guilt oozes from this post. "No one was selling them anymore" rings hollow when Nigeria, Mauritania and a bunch of Western Africans still have chattel slavery. 5% of Mauritania residents are slaves for god's sake.

Do they have international slave trades? Or do they just have citizens under bondage?

Race enters nowhere into. But yes, I have no problem judging societies that think owning other people is a good idea. They are wrong, we are right. No debate, no discussion.

Same thing about the societies that think treating woman like second-class citizens too.

Digital Blackface

so what's your stance on Muslim refugees _me?

_me
Revisionist

OldSnake wrote:

And every time a state or territory passed a law limiting slavery, there was a "Missouri Compromise" or "Kansas-Nebraska Act" or "Fugitive Slave Act" to negate it.