Login   Register
 Login    Register
The OFFICIAL 2016 Presidential Election thread
poochies uncle

Hollywood wrote:To be fair I'm not fighting, just telling the truth. I don't believe in the system, even if elected Bernie is unlikely to be able to even do the things he's campaigning for because of the rigged system because every Senator and House rep except for maybe 3 are bought and sponsored moreso than a Nascar race car. But he would still be able to do a lot of good, and I don't think he'd be as enormously disappointing as Obama who in a lot of ways did stuff just as bad as Bush.

poochies uncle

Hollywood wrote:The health insurance industry won't die when they have politicians in their back pocket because of corrupt campaign finance laws which is the biggest issue Bernie is running on because that effects EVERY OTHER ISSUE

You're the child, and you're the defeatist, and you're the reason why if Hillary gets the nomination, you can look forward to a GOP presidency

poochies uncle

Hollywood wrote:
Cherry Pie wrote:Bernie Freeshit Sanders.

Cherry "I'm one paycheck away from being homeless" Pie

Thinking of Democrats as a bunch of moochers....when you're in the same tax bracket as moochers, strikes me as odd. I guess I used to think like that too years ago until you know... I struggled just for a little bit

But then you have Republicans who are on welfare and still talk about black moochers leeching off the government....it isn't even irony, it's irony's aborted baby

poochies uncle

Hollywood wrote:Yep, sad day for us Bernie Bros, he needed big wins tonight

H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

All of that is still true

What's also true is everything I criticized Bernie of after it was clear he was losing, how he rolled over for Hillary(which showed how ineffective he would have been as president) and had no backbone.

I don't think Democrats are moochers. I don't think millennials are moochers. And I still think it's ironic when Republicans live on welfare and then talk about black people on welfare.

poochies uncle

poochies uncle

Hollywood wrote:GorF's thoughts....Saudi Arabia is a great ally of America!

poochies uncle

H-Wood wrote:
thebarrel11 wrote:The patrols our military conduct are under constant provocation by Russia. We protect "shitty neighbors" because they are in our best interest to protect. Otherwise we wouldn't give a shit. (Yes, there are conflicts we don't give a shit about)
It's ridiculous to concede the nature of, and boundaries of the patrols with Russia because "they would be a great ally". Putin has a vision to recreate the USSR. If you don't see the problem with that, it's because Trump hasn't told you why.

I don't defend hillary and the garbage she does. This is a lesser of two evils scenario

We had the cold war with USSR over idealism and money. Imagine how better off we'd be today if we were not at odds with the USSR after WW2 but instead worked with them. Both countries would be much stronger today than we are now. Russia would have gradually become what it is now, only much quicker, in the 60's or 70's instead of the 90's.

Think of how much money we wasted in the arms race with them. How dangerous the world was because of nuclear proliferation. How much money we continue to waste because of the arms race that's been long over. Our defense budget is insanely wasteful but we can never get rid of it because of the Cold War arms race.

Being allies with a super powered Russia whose economy is good and gets deeper into consumerism like we are would be mutually beneficial for us, them, and hell even China.

Almost all of the wars we were involved in since WW2 was in no small part due to the Cold War, including 9/11 and Iraq.

If we weren't fighting Russia, but actually working with them in ways that benefitted us and them, that would be great.

But no, you're right, let's continue to treat them like enemies, blame hacks they didn't do on them to antagonize them. Let's continue to take money from Saudi Arabia in exchange for putting sanctions on Russia so that Saudi Arabia can make more money off oil than Russia can. That makes all the sense in the world. That's what we get with HRC.

poochies uncle

H-Wood wrote:Don't worry guys, if Hillary wins and the Senate/House become Democratic majority, Hillary will make sure to implement all those left leaning ideals like no more wars, break up the big banks, crack down on wall street fraud, and she's going to be REALLY tough on countries that sponsor terror like Saudi Arabia, why else would they have donated so much money to her if not out of fear

poochies uncle

H-Wood wrote:
_me wrote:Thought experiment for anyone interested-

Say Trump is the thing that finally breaks the Reagan GOP coalition (church, business, hawks), what does a new truly modern GOP that can beat Hillary in 2020 look like. To me it has to include:

1. Complete indifference to LGBT. Not Pro or extra protections but Libertarian style, everybody is the same. Fight against Affirmative Action type quotas on LGBT but stop actively discriminating.
2. Guest worker program. Big Business and demographics demands it but actually get people leaving in off-seasons since we will let them back next year. Severe punishments for not leaving.
3. Acknowledge climate change is real via market forces. It doesn't matter who or what caused it. It is a real problem that needs to be solved. Stop subsidizing coal, oil, etc. Let next generation energy grow via market and sell it around the world.
4. Anti-intervention foreign policy. Make it clear we don't start fights but we sure as shit end them. Teddy Roosevelt Talk softly, big stick. Attacks against our interest get severe retribution but otherwise: You do your thing, we do ours.
5. Legalize drugs, ends the drug war except small exceptions. It is not the governments job to tell adults how to live.
6. Pro-global trade but with some protections for certain industries.
7. Ask Fundamentalists to spend time improving local communities instead of national causes.
8. (Probably too much to ask but) trade 'anti-abortion' for 'anti-pregnancy'. Focus on personal responsibility but teach condoms, birth control, etc and morning after pills. Stop people who can't afford it from having babies and clogging up the system.

I feel like these are basically conservative positions. Really focus on cutting the size of government involvement and let the "free market" they love work. They lose some of the older Fundamentalists crowd by losing the LGBT hate but gain the young idealist Bernie Bros crowd from the next generation by going much more laissez faire in social/international but stay very pro-business since that is "home". Have a chance to gain Catholic Hispanics by being fairer to guest workers too. Need to do something to get the defense contractors still…

Anyone have any better ideas?

You're not very smart

The GOP died with Romney, Trump only won the nomination because the party was already unelectable. If Trump loses, the Democrats have a monopoly on the presidency for years to come. The Republicans will never end the war on drugs or acknowledge global warming because of donors that are against it.

Your guest worker program is absurd on a few levels.

Anti-intervention foreign policy? Never going to happen as long as our candidates take money from countries like Saudi Arabia.

They're already pro global trade, the entire establishment is, some just talk against it because people actually hate it. Suddenly being pro globalism helps them how? No average person with a net worth under a few million dollars is pro globalism.

poochies uncle

H-Wood wrote:Holy shit he's going in hard about Saudi Arabia

H-Wood

Great quotes

poochies uncle

I can't believe you are a flip-flopper. Your name should be John jewdo Kerry

_me
Revisionist

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/891270071317929984

More evidence that Trump voters were voting AGAINST Hillary almost as much as they were voting FOR Donald. That is not good for him going forward since no matter how much he tries, the next election won't be about Hillary again.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

H-Wood

Don't be so sure she might try again