Login   Register
 Login    Register
The OFFICIAL 2016 Presidential Election thread
poochies uncle

http://usuncut.com/news/sanders-shoots- ... -tax-plan/

Economists Who Bashed Bernie Sanders’ Tax Plan Admit They’re Clueless: “We’re Not Really Experts”
The DC establishment’s latest attack on Bernie Sanders’ tax plan has just been thoroughly debunked.

On Friday afternoon, the Tax Policy Center (TPC) — a project of centrist think tank Brookings Institution — published a thoroughly-flawed analysis of Bernie Sanders’ tax plan. The TPC claimed that by raising $15.3 trillion in new revenue over ten years to fund Sanders’ proposals for free public college, universal health care, paid family and medical leave, and millions of new infrastructure jobs, the overall income of the average American would drop by approximately 12 percent.

However, the analysis was fundamentally disingenuous, as it analyzes the tax increases in a vacuum and does not account for the tremendous amount of savings that would be realized by families using public health insurance and colleges. It also does not account for the overall economic benefit of 13 million new public sector jobs and the resulting flow of new money into the economy.

“We do not account for the effects of the new government programs on income,” TPC co-founder Leonard Burman told Politico, in a revealing quote buried thirteen paragraphs below Politico‘s misleading headline. “We’re not really experts on the spending component.”

Neither Politico nor the TPC bothered to compare Sanders’ new tax rates, which most adversely affect the richest 0.1 percent of Americans, with the amount of money families would save should Sanders’ proposals become reality.

Warren Gunnels, who serves as Sen. Sanders’ senior policy adviser, pointed out in a scathing press release that had the TPC bothered to do the comparative math, they would have found that an overwhelming majority would have more money in their pockets under Sanders’ proposals, not less. Gunnels pointed to a study by the nonpartisan think tank Citizens for Tax Justice (CTJ), which compared the new taxes to fund Sanders’ health care plan with the money families would save under a hypothetical single-payer health care system in the US.

“The analysis from Citizens for Tax Justice found that 95 percent of American households will see their take-home pay go up, not down, under Sanders’ Medicare-for-all plan, which is paid for by his progressive tax plan,” Gunnels said. “Citizens for Tax Justice also found that middle-class families would see their take-home pay go up by more than $3,200 a year under Sanders’ plan.

According to CTJ’s analysis, everyone but the richest 5 percent of Americans would end up with a higher after-tax income under a single-payer health care system. CTJ arrived at their numerical conclusions using a microsimulation model from the Institution on Taxation and Economic Policy:

Last edited by poochies uncle on March 5th, 2016, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Yeah, but those are facts. What does your gut tell you?
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

brettj72

poochies uncle wrote:Cruz is that guy who is the over eager Boy scout leader that wants to take the young boys up to MT Pinos. So far if your super racist or super child molesters like ,you can win a republican primary. No in-between

Minnesota checking in as the only state not to vote for the KKK guy or the child molester.
I made SlowandGo my bitch.

Hollywood

Maine has been called for Cruz

_me
Revisionist

poochies uncle wrote:Cruz is that guy who is the over eager Boy scout leader that wants to take the young boys up to MT Pinos. So far if your super racist or super child molesters like ,you can win a republican primary. No in-between

Is he a child molester or a serial killer? Which is worse?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... s-20160226
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Veeg posted about this a while back. J'sayin.

brettj72

I made SlowandGo my bitch.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

poochies uncle

After march 15 the wins will be fewer and fewer for Clinton, It is just a matter if Bernie can over come the black south hole he will be in,

Hollywood

Yeah but all the states Bernie wins are "weird"

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Bernie won Kansas and Nebraska
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Hollywood

Yeah but they're weird

O(+>

Hollywood wrote:Yeah but all the states Bernie wins are "weird"

I don't know if they're weird, but they don't have many people in them.

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

The Republican field looks like it's about to push Rubio off the cliff into the abyss which means their candidate is either Trump or Cruz, which is just too hilarious. Cruz, an anti immigration hispanic who cozies up to Jeff Sessions on the issue, who also has no moderate positions on a single issue, a complete party line guy. He also ate a booger on live TV... and his personality is that of a dead moth. And then there's Trump.

Looks like Trump will win 2/4 states but Kentucky could be close. Caucuses are weird, if you don't have a ground game there you're in trouble
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

poochies uncle

Cruz scares me