Login   Register
 Login    Register
Respectable Political Disagreement Mega Thread
H-Wood
not funny and disgusting to look at

Tired of being called a cuck? A racist? Tired of checking your privilege?

This is a nice thread for nice people only. No Sharons or Snakes or poochie's

Dootson Grad
it's two dimes thick

The health care situation has put Republicans in a bind -- they know that they'll be vilified for any consequence whatsoever, but they know we're in a death spiral of rates anyway. This is the part where massing spending increases would have been proposed by the next President, but they don't support that.

I think it's a real jam and nobody I've heard has a good solution (politically, anyway -- there are policies that would actually be good, but the political price is too high).

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

I think the GOP is especially in a bind because, after the election, enrollment in Obamacare skyrocketed in states Trump won.

Also, one of the big complaints about Obamacare was that, for some states, the premiums were too high, and under this proposed bill, they are much higher especially for people with lower incomes. I'm not really sure what the GOP is trying to accomplish with this type of bill to be honest.
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

H-Wood

H-Wood wrote:This is a nice thread for nice people only. No Sharons or Snakes or poochie's

poochies uncle

H-Wood wrote:
H-Wood wrote:This is a nice thread for nice people only. No Sharons or Snakes or poochie's

I am nice , take it back jewdo and apologize!
And mean it too!

AndySmith
Im not special.

Dootson Grad wrote:The health care situation has put Republicans in a bind -- they know that they'll be vilified for any consequence whatsoever, but they know we're in a death spiral of rates anyway. This is the part where massing spending increases would have been proposed by the next President, but they don't support that.

I think it's a real jam and nobody I've heard has a good solution (politically, anyway -- there are policies that would actually be good, but the political price is too high).

I know you and I disagree on what the real solution is, but I think single-payer is achievable politically. When millions of people have the burden of health care lifted from them, knowing that they and their families will be covered with no matter what, they will vote overwhelmingly for the party that brought that to them. If Republicans had any concern for the American people or any principles whatsoever they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. The solution is abundantly clear. While Congress (both Republicans and Democrats) is mainly funded by large money interests, a plan that could bring that level of positive change to people would make them immune to the money turning against them.

But instead you have Paul Ryan explaining that the problem with Obamacare is that it functions like every other kind of insurance. That should tell you all you need to know about what this really about. They don't care about people, they don't care about any of us, what they care about is millionaires and billionaires and corporations filling their pockets and campaign funds which is why they are putting a 0.3% increase in the income of the wealthiest Americans above the health, safety and security of millions of people.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

Simple questions here. What is Canada doing? Does it work?

S.C.
Bill Brasky sits around telling Scott Colbath stories.
Prison Mike

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

H-Wood wrote:Tired of being called a cuck? A racist? Tired of checking your privilege?

This is a nice thread for nice people only. No Sharons or Snakes or poochie's

you're a cunt
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

H-Wood

scottcolbath wrote:Simple questions here. What is Canada doing? Does it work?

S.C.

Kinda

AndySmith
Im not special.

S.C.

It costs less, covers everyone and offers quality care. I'd define that as working.

H-Wood

AndySmith wrote:

S.C.

It costs less, covers everyone and offers quality care. I'd define that as working.

But not always timely care, which is a drawback in that kind of system. People that could have lived from something totally preventable end up dying because something progresses to the point where it's no longer treatable, this is brought up all the time and is a big reason why rich Canadians come to the US to pay for what they'd consider emergency healthcare for something as simple as getting a MRI instead of waiting for 14 months in Canada

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

those are planned MRIs with the long waiting lines, not emergency ones. People with emergencies get their MRIs ASAP. Stop posting stupid GOP talking points verbatim
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

H-Wood

Oh so why do Canadians come to America for some pretty basic medical stuff? Just like wasting money?

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

There cannot be a sane or logical objection to single payer, especially if it is supplemented with private 'by choice' health insurance.

Same as with private schools and universities, you have an option, and if you can afford it, go ahead and pay for it. I don't care if Michael Jackson can hire a private doctor to follow him around, or tutors.

For profit health insurance and re-insurance companies border on unethical, yet their revenues are insane. How can one logically defend getting profits on someone else's health status.

Even things like car insurance should probably be closer to single payer with the amount of uninsured out there and the infrastructure built around car ownership. But again pay extra for your luxury, with basic coverage provided via tax.
now you sound like that guy in the white dress that calls himself doctor

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

A sane and logical objection to single payer is rationing of care, which does happen, even outside of Republican talking points. There can only be one scenario where it's feasible: If it's nationally affordable, provides quality care, and provides timely care. I've heard too many stories (even outside of Republican talking points) where it's "pick two, that's what you get". Right now, my insurance premiums might be high, but I can see my doctor whenever I want and get treatment quickly.