Login   Register
 Login    Register
Ghostbusters
Burt
SEG is correct

Der Lobo wrote:Well, as the Bechdel Test shows, maybe that's the revenge we should have expected! :)

That's exactly what's going on here. It's done very badly. They could have used a scalpel to comically delegitimize some disbelieving male authority. Instead, they use a dead blow hammer to beat down every two dimensional male in the movie.

ZombyWoof
Whoa, let's stop with the armchair psychoanalysis

This article is about Gods of Egypt but is apropos to GB.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-did-such-an- ... 1762708349
Last edited by ZombyWoof on October 1st, 2016, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of Genuine Get Out of Jerk Free Card

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

ZombyWoof wrote:Seems there's another huge pile of crap in town

phpBB [video]

"Felt like a video game."
That's something I started saying a long time ago. Then I heard Mr. Plinkett say much the same thing about the prequels.

When you look at the movies from the '30's they're cheesy and corny, with actors just belting out lines and bad writing. Then somewhere in the '40's you start seeing something completely different. Orson Welles, John Huston.

Some switch got thrown some time back, years now, and we're back in a cornball world. Movies are so fucking corny now. It's embarrassing. Is everyone a retarded 12 year old?

That movie did horrible domestically, no one saw it. It's irresponsible and out of touch to lump all movies together as "so fucking corny" as if they're all Gods of Egypt. There's something to be said about these kinds of movies only being made because they do well overseas. The Chinese market is huge right now because they're only just recently (relative to us) opening new theaters across the entire country, and allowing Western movies in. Big dumb movies do great there because they're behind the times culturally, they're pretty much starting out in an 80s mindset of big effects and explosions. Movies like GoE and Warcraft get made because they know they'll do great there.
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

ZombyWoof
Whoa, let's stop with the armchair psychoanalysis

Beating a dead horse? Maybe. But it's a funny beating.

phpBB [video]
Holder of Genuine Get Out of Jerk Free Card

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

pretty thorough beatdown and puts any revisionist theories that try to paint the film in a good light to rest
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

4k78

Love Mr. Plinkett.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

That was better than the movie.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

4k78

Hypermotard wrote:That was better than the movie.

Did you actually see the movie?

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

4k78 wrote:
Hypermotard wrote:That was better than the movie.

Did you actually see the movie?

Yes
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

Y'all not wrong

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but I caught the Easter egg of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on a billboard in Ghostbusters (right after the EPA guy makes them shut down their ghost container and hell breaks loose). It's such a clever little preview of what's to come and I'm not sure how I didn't notice before.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

I can't believe I just watched a 58 minute movie review. ^ He really broke it down.

I think maybe instead of this movie, they should have done a George Lucas-style "Special Edition" of the original, with modern CGI effects, because those dog creatures just looked terribly fake when they moved.