Login   Register
 Login    Register
Movies You've Seen Recently
LeykisMan!

Mr. Pointy wrote:The Last Airbender is worse than The Happening, especially considering the source material for Airbender.

And I liked The Visit, not great but pretty decent. He might be on the slight upswing.

The last airbender was easily one of the worst movies Ive ever seen.
I forgot that M. Shamadong had a hand in Wayward Pines. I did like that a lot. Maybe he'd be better suited for tv shows ,so that he has more time to get out his wacky ideas.

Burt
SEG is correct

Naught to do with M. Night Shamama,
Heard a good line from Greg Proops on Dana Gould's podcast: "Sometimes when you're watching a movie you can just smell the meetings." I've thought that so many times, but never phrased it that succinctly.

appleshampoo
pushyn00b

Just watched The Station Agent. Starring evil villainous dwarf from X-Men Days Of Future Past Peter Dinklage.

This one was in our Netflix "List" but neither of us could remember adding it. Does anyone recall it being discussed here?

It was okay. Had one of those unsatisfying endings IMO.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

appleshampoo wrote:Just watched The Station Agent. Starring evil villainous dwarf from X-Men Days Of Future Past Peter Dinklage.

This one was in our Netflix "List" but neither of us could remember adding it. Does anyone recall it being discussed here?

I posted a review of it a while back. It was one of those I'd been wanting to see for years and finally got around to.

Liked it.
Nathan Bateman wrote:After a long day of Turing tests, you gotta unwind.

sven

I know nobody is going to like the Ghostbusters remake, but am I the only heretic that doesn't consider the original to be one of the greatest comedies ever? I liked it fine, but I guess I'm just missing the part where it belongs in the pantheon of the all time greats.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

It has Bill Murray and a guy in glasses so it's every hipster nerd's wet dream. It's an average comedy that I've never bothered to rewatch since I first saw it in the early 90's
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Honey I Shrunk The Kid > Ghostbusters
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

HuellHauser
I spent a lot of time looking @ this dude's crotch

lol
SharonNeedles wrote:Why didn't they open it and show us the poop????

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Hollywood wrote:Honey I Shrunk The Kid > Ghostbusters

This would be true if you'd said Ghostbusters 2.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

sven wrote:I know nobody is going to like the Ghostbusters remake, but am I the only heretic that doesn't consider the original to be one of the greatest comedies ever? I liked it fine, but I guess I'm just missing the part where it belongs in the pantheon of the all time greats.

I was 14 when it came out and loved it so it still has the nostalgia going for it, but I saw it again recently and it feels pretty dated. Still enjoyable but I get what you're saying. I recognized Ghostbusters 2 as a piece of shit cash grab at the time.

The 80s were weird.
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

appleshampoo wrote:Just watched The Station Agent. Starring evil villainous dwarf from X-Men Days Of Future Past Peter Dinklage.

Watched it a while back...thought it was decent. Guy was a little too moody.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

The station agent is good for at least one watch. I enjoyed it and have seen bits on cable here and there since.

I just watched Maidentrip

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (205.01 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Controversial, enjoyable, even inspiring, worth a watch.
I love you.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Yah, Maidentrip gud.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Before We Go

Indie film about a random guy in NYC trying to help a lady get home in the middle of the night. Panned by critics...wasn't terrible, but very corny. The lady is played by Alice Eve...hotter than I remember, though there was this from Star Trek: Into Darkness

(very slightly nsfw)

Anyway, you can skip this flick.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

appleshampoo
pushyn00b

wojonixon wrote:
sven wrote:I know nobody is going to like the Ghostbusters remake, but am I the only heretic that doesn't consider the original to be one of the greatest comedies ever? I liked it fine, but I guess I'm just missing the part where it belongs in the pantheon of the all time greats.

I was 14 when it came out and loved it so it still has the nostalgia going for it, but I saw it again recently and it feels pretty dated. Still enjoyable but I get what you're saying. I recognized Ghostbusters 2 as a piece of shit cash grab at the time.

The 80s were weird.

Yeah, definitely a huge nostalgia factor going on.

I was too young to really get caught up in it (I was born in 1984 - same year it came out). I saw it once as an adult and was kind of meh on it.

But I recognize I have similar movies.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.