Login   Register
 Login    Register
Movies You've Seen Recently
Mr. Pointy

Kingsman 2 was disappointing. It just didn't have the charm of the first, the idea of an American version was completely wasted, as was Jeff Bridges and Halle Berry. And the action was kind of uninspired too.

I do still like Taron Egerton though.
Lori Loughlin > Nicole Kidman

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

Killing Gunther. Directorial debut from SNL's Taran Killam. Schwarzenegger is Gunther, the worlds greatest assassin. Killam is 2nd. He gets a group of other assassins together to try and take Gunther out. Another SNL alum, Bobby Moynihan is fantastic as the explosives expert. Is good.

We also watched Kumail Nanjiani’s The Big Sick. KumNan has some serious acting chops. And Ray Romano is great as Emily’s dad. Wasn’t really expecting much but it’s a good watch. I literally LOL’d when Romano and KumNan sit down to eat and Romano asks him about 9/11.

Scene in spoiler tag:

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

Yup, Big Sick is surprisingly good. That scene made me guiltily lol.

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

You can see Holly Hunter trying not to crack up.
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Digital Blackface

Where’d you see Killing Gunther? Netflix?

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

DL'd from teh webz.

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

how we feelin about this upcoming joint, fam
phpBB [video]
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Digital Blackface

Oh man I can’t wait to see it so I can respekt whamen her husband went on a dangerous mission now she’s suiting up to save him what a role reversal for archetypal storylines

No, cannot have!

Looks good, and Ex Machina was fantastic so I'm optimistic.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

The important ask: How much full frontal we gonna get?

Diebenkorn_Rust

Brad's Status
4/5

Liked the movie much more than I had anticipated. Not a Ben Stiller fan but the performance by the kid who plays his son more than makes up for Stiller's acting.

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

Baby Driver. Eh, outside the car chase stuff, I was pretty bored with the two acts or so. Picked up in the 3rd and saved the movie for me. Having the gunshots match the music was a pretty neat trick. The kid bothered me though. Can’t really put my finger on it, I just reeeeaaally didn’t give a singe fuck what happened to him. Hamm was cool, Foxx was decent (if a bit over-the-top) crazy, Punisher was great, he shoulda been in there more.

Spiderman: Homecoming. Really only watched it to make sure it was good for the boy. Figured it was and I was right. Glad I watched it though. Much better than I expected. The kid is a great Peter Parker and Batman made a good Vulture. Steady action and humor. Even Favreau was good.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Heinrich_Victory wrote:Spiderman: Homecoming. Really only watched it to make sure it was good for the boy. Figured it was and I was right. Glad I watched it though. Much better than I expected. The kid is a great Peter Parker and Batman made a good Vulture. Steady action and humor. Even Favreau was good.

Just saw it too. I like this better better than pretty much all the other Marvel flicks. It had enough action but it did not saturate it to the point of me tuning out, which is what usually happens. The kid is a good character and his friends and schoolmates are all good side characters. Keaton made a very good antagonist and he was not over the top idiotic - just very clever and intense. Very well written.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Our Souls at Night

Netflix film starring Robert Redford and Jane Fonda about two widowers who find comfort in each other. It's a little slow, but with actors like these, it doesn't matter as much. Cinematography was simple, but nice - the only real beef I had was there was no soundtrack aside from a few notes from "What the world needs is love," which I now never need to hear again. B+. If you liked "On Golden Pond," you'll like this - very similar, but slightly less emotional. Actually, I'm about 99% positive they got the idea from that movie. Maybe that and "Same Time, Next Year" - which is an awesome movie - love me some Alda.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Our Souls. Hee Hee.