Login   Register
 Login    Register
Movies You've Seen Recently
MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

I rented The Shining (the TV miniseries with Steven Weber, not the movie) through my Blockbuster DVD club. I just watched the original for the first time a few months ago and ehhh...it was alright. I don't think it lived up to all the hype I've heard over the years.
This one is 3 parts and each part is an hour long. It's creeeeeping along verrrry slowly.

no time

I saw Charlie Wilson's War over Christmas and it's really good. You probably heard about it, Tom Hanks and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are great together. It is also one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

caligirl22

Juno was really original and funny...Superbad and Knocked Up are hilarious! I could watch Knocked Up over and over, it's one of those rainy day/ lazy day movies you just throw in the DVD player.
"How dare you..."

FluffyBunny

Sweeney Todd on Christmas. Helena Bonham Carter doesn't ruin it, but doesn't add a lot. Depp is fantastic in it. Soundtrack is worth picking up too.

raunch hand

I rented Spiderman 3 and I gotta say I was disapointed. Fantastic Four or Transformers were much better. I just read No Country for Old Men and I am looking forward to watching the film.

kidnotorious

Saw this one the other day, it was AWESOME! Snatch meets Bond. :up: :up:
Last edited by kidnotorious on January 12th, 2008, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

I'm now watching Goodfellas for the first time ever. I guess it's more of a 'dude' movie. I loved The Sopranos but ehhh...this is just okay.
Not a good night for me and movies, I guess. lol

FluffyBunny

Henry Hill currently lives in Wenatchee. A co-worker of mine used to booze and drug it up w/ him when he was in witness protection in Redmond.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

MiVidaLoca wrote:I'm now watching Goodfellas for the first time ever. I guess it's more of a 'dude' movie. I loved The Sopranos but ehhh...this is just okay.
Not a good night for me and movies, I guess. lol

Yeah, I never met a guy that didn't cream his pants over Goodfellas. Maybe it's just because I'm not a guy, but I didn't like it that much. And what's with the whole world wanting to fellate Scorsese?... I give pretty much all of his movies a resounding MEH.
On a more positive note, I'd recommend Superbad for a surefire laugh... it's raunchy like movies used to be, and full of funny improv-sounding dialogue too.

thestove4

3:10 to Yuma :up: :up:

MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

magic crystal brain wrote:Yeah, I never met a guy that didn't cream his pants over Goodfellas.  Maybe it's just because I'm not a guy, but I didn't like it that much.  And what's with the whole world wanting to fellate Scorsese?... I give pretty much all of his movies a resounding MEH.

This is probably the 10th "classic" movie that I've seen for the first time over the past few months that I've thought "ehhh? ehhh..." while watching it. I guess that's what happens when you wait too long to see a movie.
To anyone who has seen this movie many times, who was the murdered couple in the pink car? I just passed that part but I couldn't figure out who they were.

Do The Math

MiVidaLoca wrote:This is probably the 10th "classic" movie that I've seen for the first time over the past few months that I've thought "ehhh? ehhh..." while watching it. I guess that's what happens when you wait too long to see a movie.
To anyone who has seen this movie many times, who was the murdered couple in the pink car? I just passed that part but I couldn't figure out who they were.

I believe that was Frankie Carbone. He was the one who, after De Niro's Character "Jimmy" told everyone to lay low after a huge robbery, shows up at the bar with his wife in a new mink coat driving a brand new car. Jimmy makes his wife take the coat off and makes them leave in the car.

MiVidaLoca
Dearly missed

Do The Math wrote:I believe that was Frankie Carbone. He was the one who, after De Niro's Character "Jimmy" told everyone to lay low after a huge robbery, shows up at the bar with his wife in a new mink coat driving a brand new car. Jimmy makes his wife take the coat off and makes them leave in the car.

Ahhh okay. Thanks. :up:

thestove4

MiVidaLoca wrote:This is probably the 10th "classic" movie that I've seen for the first time over the past few months that I've thought "ehhh? ehhh..." while watching it. I guess that's what happens when you wait too long to see a movie.

The guy was one of the men involved in Lufthansa heist with Jimmy Conway (Robert De Niro), he was the one bragging how he bought that new car at the party if you noticed, Jimmy was cutting everyone out from the robbery and keeping the money for himself. Not that i have seen the movie 75 times or anything by the way.

thestove4

Do The Math wrote:I believe that was Frankie Carbone. He was the one who, after De Niro's Character "Jimmy" told everyone to lay low after a huge robbery, shows up at the bar with his wife in a new mink coat driving a brand new car. Jimmy makes his wife take the coat off and makes them leave in the car.

Frank Carbone was the one frozen in the meat truck. Gosh.