Login   Register
 Login    Register
Unpopular TV & Movie Opinions
mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

Neil T wrote:If you like Dave and The American President, you should like TWW.

I did like those but they were 90 minutes each.
TWW is what, 150 episodes, an hour each?
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

Neil T
Dead chuffed

A TV hour is about 42 minutes. There were 7 seasons, but the last one is pretty rubbish.

_me
Revisionist

Neil T wrote:A TV hour is about 42 minutes. There were 7 seasons, bit the last one is pretty rubbish.

S1-4 is some of the best TV ever. S5 is the snoozer. S6 and S7 got invigorated with Alda and Smits running for office and on the campaign trail. But the stuff inside the White House isn't as good.

I still can't buy who they picked as Leo's replacement as WH Chief of Staff…
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Agree on Leo's replacement. I really, REALLY hated Smits. Smug twat. And Alda was just dullsville.

That whole season is the one I skip during re-watches. I've seen WW about 3 or 4 times all the way through over the years, with 7 skipped on the last 2 watches.

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

most shows get worse the more seasons they do.

to me, Family Guy is better now.
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

I would agree. The old show are pretty corny now.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

cmr
taco muncher

Family Guy sucks. Seth McFarlane seems to fall prey to cuteness, which is to mask the fact that the heyday of the show is loooong gone.

No, cannot have!

The early seasons of Family Guy were great, mainly because on top of being funny they actually had grounded characters that were likable (not a requirement necessarily, but when you make all your characters assholes over time because you don't know how to properly write them anymore it makes the show shit) and the episodes actually felt like a full story was written and not loosely tied together by comedic vignettes. The only thing superior about the show now is the animation.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

cmr
taco muncher

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but man, FUCK STAR WARS. And Star Trek, too. I will say, I don't find Trekkies to be as annoying as the Star Wars fans. I guess because Trekkies, as a group, just seem to be distinct as fairly well-meaning weirdos whereas fans of Star Wars tend be mostly "dudes approaching middle age who oughta fucking know better". Way more of the latter than the former.

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

With Star Wars it's like "can we move on already?"
LeykisMan! wrote: I enjoy 1780s and all his faggy threads.

Dont Tell Ray
world's greatest no-goodnik

it will be there for 100 years, unless the brand is tied to some tragic event or rape allegations.
fans are breeding and creating new fans ;)

ps i just noticed i'm wearing han solo t-shirt

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

cmr wrote:It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but man, FUCK STAR WARS. And Star Trek, too. I will say, I don't find Trekkies to be as annoying as the Star Wars fans. I guess because Trekkies, as a group, just seem to be distinct as fairly well-meaning weirdos whereas fans of Star Wars tend be mostly "dudes approaching middle age who oughta fucking know better". Way more of the latter than the former.

You think there aren't middle aged Trekkies? That's all there was until the new movies.
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

cmr wrote:It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but man, FUCK STAR WARS. And Star Trek, too. I will say, I don't find Trekkies to be as annoying as the Star Wars fans. I guess because Trekkies, as a group, just seem to be distinct as fairly well-meaning weirdos whereas fans of Star Wars tend be mostly "dudes approaching middle age who oughta fucking know better". Way more of the latter than the former.

I like this guy.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

Star Wars and Trek are both great. Y'all can fuck off.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Digital Blackface

they both suck and are boring and you all should feel bad