Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

appleshampoo wrote:
Neil T wrote:Recently(ish) re-watched:

Seinfeld (1989): Great!

Frasier (1993): Great!

X-Files (1993): Not bad, until Season 6

West Wing (1999): Great!

Friends (1994): Unwatchable pap!

I agree with Neil. Well. Haven't seen West Wing or X-files.

I've seen 3-4 episodes of Friends by accident, but haven't seen any of the others. *Shrug*
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

DonnyCal

I can't watch Seinfeld reruns any more whereas I can watch Friends reruns though not lately.

Frasier is great. It's unbelievably good.

Never/Haven't seen the other two.
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Burt
SEG is correct

I liked all those shows except x-files. West Wing was by far the best drama of it's era. You couldn't watch it with half attention though. Sorkin's dialog was dense.

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

Burt wrote:I liked all those shows except x-files. West Wing was by far the best drama of it's era. You couldn't watch it with half attention though. Sorkin's dialog was dense.

Never watched West Wing, but never interested. It was probably well written, but I've never been interested in fantasyland political dramas. On the other hand, his show SportsNight was brilliant. Full of the whole walk-and-talk mile-an-hour repartee he's deservedly known for, and as Burt says, dense. He packs a lot of meaning in his dialog.

Is this unpopular? ... I hated Moneyball, even though Sorkin punched-up the script. I remember reading an article either he or someone else in the know wrote about why it sucks. Apparently he thinks so too.

Burt
SEG is correct

Al Jarry wrote:Never watched West Wing, but never interested. It was probably well written, but I've never been interested in fantasyland political dramas.

That seems unnecessarily dismissive. "Political dramas" would have sufficed. SportsNight left me cold. To each their own.

Al Jarry

Burt wrote:
Al Jarry wrote:Never watched West Wing, but never interested. It was probably well written, but I've never been interested in fantasyland political dramas.

That seems unnecessarily dismissive. "Political dramas" would have sufficed. SportsNight left me cold. To each their own.

You're right, it was dismissive, but I've never been able to get drawn in with political drama, perhaps because I overthink it. It's not because of my political leanings, it's more because I can't really believe that's actually how people in power behave. I'm incredibly cynical, you see, and I tend to see nearly everyone in office as self-serving and politically motivated. If this is addressed in West Wing, I'm open to it.

For "fantasyland political drama", I'm thinking of movies like "Dave" and "The American President", both of which I loved.

Burt
SEG is correct

Al Jarry wrote:It's not because of my political leanings, it's more because I can't really believe that's actually how people in power behave. I'm incredibly cynical, you see, and I tend to see nearly everyone in office as self-serving and politically motivated.

I worked for elected officials for about 10 years. None speak Sorkin dialog. Many are in it to do public service. Some are brazen opportunists. It doesn't take long to sort them out. Calling them all the same is intellectual laziness.

Al Jarry

Burt wrote:
Al Jarry wrote:It's not because of my political leanings, it's more because I can't really believe that's actually how people in power behave. I'm incredibly cynical, you see, and I tend to see nearly everyone in office as self-serving and politically motivated.

I worked for elected officials for about 10 years. None speak Sorkin dialog. Many are in it to do public service. Some are brazen opportunists. It doesn't take long to sort them out. Calling them all the same is intellectual laziness.

At the lower levels of office, up to the county level, even to the state level, I can see many doing it for public service, and I bless those people. They're the good ones. At the federal level, however, I see it all as opportunism. I just don't see much behavior in federal officials that indicates they are motivated by public service. Not trying to be contrarian with you, 'cause you're one of my favorite posters and I respect your opinion, but I'm just very cynical of the political process in general. I'm very glad to know you've seen the positive side of politics.

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

Mattyboy wrote:
phpBB [video]

fantastic.
and remember, that's only the first 4-5 episodes?
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

Neil T
Dead chuffed

If you like Dave and The American President, you should like TWW. I'm a fan of all of the above.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

The Wayne's World?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

H-Wood wrote:What corruption?

DonnyCal

:lol:
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Al Jarry

Neil T wrote:If you like Dave and The American President, you should like TWW. I'm a fan of all of the above.

Then I shall give it a try. Again, I'm really overthinking this. There's nothing wrong with a willing suspension of disbelief and allowing oneself to get accept the show's paradigm on its own terms. Plus I like Martin Sheen, so there's that.

Al Jarry

Is this unpopular: I like "Joe Dirt". And I like "Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star". Both kinda stupid but they have a lot of heart.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Joe Dirt is pretty well liked actually, unless you've also seen Joe Dirt 2
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one