Login   Register
 Login    Register
Unpopular TV & Movie Opinions
cmr
taco muncher

What are some unpopular TV and film opinions you have?
I'll start:
Scorsese is overrated and only won Best Director because he got enough Oscar bait in The Departed which was, though enjoyable, not his best.
I find the epic romance story in Casablanca to be wholly uninspiring. The political component within the film is interesting, but I don't get the romance element. It's dull.
Heroes sucks.

No, cannot have!

cmr wrote:Heroes sucks.

Yeah, I don't think that opinion is unpopular at all, even the people who still watch it admit it's gotten pretty bad.
Raging Bull was boring
Apocalypse Now was boring
Robot Chicken is overrated
Dexter is overrated
The majority of the cartoons that aired from the late 80s to the mid 90s sucked just as much as the majority of the kids programming that airs today, fuck your clouded nostalgia.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

Bolognas

No, cannot have! wrote:Apocalypse Now was boring

nately

Donnie Darko was an okay movie, but not deserving of its cult classic status.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Everyone loves Tombstone. I thought it was stupid.
Can barely tolerate Monty Python stuff. Never could get into the humor.
I like Godfather, but do not get that it is the best thing ever to be put on film. Good movie, just feel like I am supposed to LOVE it.
The first Terminator was a lot better than the second, but it seems to be the standard that T2 was light years better.
I know there are some others but cannot come up with them. Interesting idea for a topic.

Bolognas

Good Fella's is overrated. It's a good movie, but not deserving of the obsessive love that so many seem to have for it.

No, cannot have!

Bolognas wrote:Image

Technicality, no down boo-over?

nately

BTaylor wrote:The first Terminator was a lot better than the second, but it seems to be the standard that T2 was light years better.

I have a strong suspicion that we're part of a quiet majority.

Bolognas

^^^(I predict alot of this sort of thing in this thread)
EDIT: I mean the GTFO / You're gay stuff
Last edited by Bolognas on August 7th, 2009, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nately

No, cannot have! wrote:Image

Guys, lets not bicker. This is a support group for people with negative opinions.

magic crystal brain
Steve Harvey is an idiot

cmr wrote:What are some unpopular TV and film opinions you have?
I'll start:
Scorsese is overrated and only won Best Director because he got enough Oscar bait in The Departed which was, though enjoyable, not his best.
I find the epic romance story in Casablanca to be wholly uninspiring. The political component within the film is interesting, but I don't get the romance element. It's dull.
Heroes sucks.

Weird cmr, I strongly agree with all of this. And it feels good to finally admit that yes, I am a woman who did not find Casablanca all that romantic!
And another one... The Notebook! That couple is immature and they fight and they cheat on other people to be together. It's like what you think love is when you aren't a good person and/or have never been in love. Seriously... all the sleezy guys I know are big fans. LAME

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

I think I am the only person over 30 to have never watched Casablanca. It does not look that interesting.

TaboriHK

Every time I see Boondock Saints I think it's shittier and shittier. After seeing it about 8 times, I now think it's one of the most overrated cult films ever made.

TaboriHK

magic crystal brain wrote:And another one... The Notebook!  That couple is immature and they fight and they cheat on other people to be together.  It's like what you think love is when you aren't a good person and/or have never been in love.  Seriously... all the sleezy guys I know are big fans.  LAME

I fucking DESPISED that movie. I can't believe anyone loved it. After watching A Walk To Remember, I knew what this writer's schtick was - horrifically unnecessarily depressing act IV. This movie's characters weren't even likeable and the big reveal concept - that the Notebook "brings them back MAAAAANNNN" was bullshit. As someone who lived with someone with Alzheimer's, this movie just fucking irritated me. Oh and then they die together, how romantic. I watched this movie with my dad and when he started crying, I said to him, "Get a hold of yourself, you faggot." And that's the only time in my life I've ever spoken to him like that.
Last edited by TaboriHK on August 7th, 2009, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmr
taco muncher

It's weird how my ideas about movies and TV are more relatable than my political views.