Login   Register
 Login    Register
House of Cards
Neil T
Dead chuffed

Who's watching?

Dropping all 13 episodes in one dump is interesting and reflects how people "box set" an entire season of some shows. Not being on TV also means no restrictions on episode length, so the shows vary in length, apparently.

I liked how in Episode 4, the newspaper owner dropped a C-bomb then said they need to "cut through the noise" -- helloooooo, Shek!

I didn't ever watch the BBC original, and before this new version came out, I tried to watch it, but couldn't get past how dated it is (1990). The Guardian says this new version compares well with the original.

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

I saw the first two and I'm enjoying it.

Burt
SEG is correct

I remember liking the original. Ian Richardson kicked ass as the PM. I assume Spacey plays that roll in the remake. Will watch the new version, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Burt
SEG is correct

S01E02 Watching George Stephanopoulos play a Sunday "press the meat" host who is asking tough questions and direct follow-up questions. This is so unrealistic it's throwing me off my ability to suspend disbelief.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

I watched the pilot and didn't care for it much, Kevin Spacey talking to the camera is fucking dumb, I hate when they do that in movies

If you want a good political show watch Boss, LIKE A BOSS
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

rachels bird feeder
I don't think I would like the taste of diarrhea

Watched the first 2 episodes. I like it. So far, Netflix is 2 for 2 in original programming.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

rachels bird feeder wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes. I like it. So far, Netflix is 2 for 2 in original programming.

I watched all of them in just over a week. Some 'nanas binged the whole lot in a day! :shock:

I'm going to have a look at the original UK series as well.

SlowandGo

I only got to the second scene.

The way of establishing the characterization of the Spacey character by having him nonchalantly strangle a dog while bubbling bromides to the camera was such hack screen writing that I lost hope for the series. Cut to Spacey calmly zipping his wife into her evening gown and shooting his cuffs. Sleek attractive exterior to the public but inner amoral monster beneath the surface. Get it, get it?

This thing was less realistic than Storage Wars.
-------
"Brettj72 is my intellectual superior and I will be as smart as him."

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

Agreed, Netflix nailed it with Lilyhammer, but HoC was unbearably clichè. It's a show/movie we've all seen a thousand times.

troika2

I felt like it was an evil version of "West Wing." I enjoyed watching it.

Mr. Pointy

I liked it (only watched the pilot so far). I can watch Spacey in anything, even with his Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil accent.

I also really like Kate Mara, will continue to watch, though at a slower pace probably
Lori Loughlin > Nicole Kidman

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

Does Mara ever whip them hoots out? She almost did in the episode I just watched (5 or 6). What a tease.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

tardbasket wrote:Does Mara ever whip them hoots out? She almost did in the episode I just watched (5 or 6). What a tease.

I think she even gets her vag out.

Mr. Pointy

Neil T wrote:
tardbasket wrote:Does Mara ever whip them hoots out? She almost did in the episode I just watched (5 or 6). What a tease.

I think she even gets her vag out.

You better not be teasin' Limey!

Immodesty runs in the family?
Lori Loughlin > Nicole Kidman

Neil T
Dead chuffed

There'll so much lady-nakedness, even Kevin "NOT GAY!" Spacey is in to it.