Login   Register
 Login    Register
Saturday Night Live Omegathread
Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

The latest firings are out! The three "who?"s from last season are fired: Brooks Wheelin, Noel Wells, John Milhiser.

Nasim Pedrad is rumored to be gone as well, to follow Mulaney to LA.

Mattyboy
Everyone here is a pussy

Noel is a fooooox
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

maybe they'll get someone funny this time
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Todd Brisket

Mattyboy wrote:Noel is a fooooox

I don't really remember her. I will have to do more research.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Todd Brisket wrote:

I don't really remember her.

Exactly why she's fired.

I don't know what they were thinking having that big of a cast in the first place. No way they were all going to get screen time and characters noticed.

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

Does Lorne just hire people he wants to bang now? The last decade has had the most attractive casts but easily the least funniest since the show's inception.
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

He's got "fuck-his-cast" money.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

H-Wood wrote:What corruption?

SGreenwell
Evil twin of SGreenbad

Prison Mike wrote:
Todd Brisket wrote:

I don't really remember her.

Exactly why she's fired.

I don't know what they were thinking having that big of a cast in the first place. No way they were all going to get screen time and characters noticed.

I figured he was just throwing shit against the wall and seeing what stuck. The answer is, apparently not much, but I think it's a fairly strong ensemble cast anyway. Like the air time that was going to Wiig and Sudeikis and Samburg didn't go to the new people, it went to the better holdovers on cast - Cecily Strong, Kate MacKinnon, Bobby Moinihan, etc.
beeney wrote:Different gays for different days.

JGdmn wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not hitting your children.

HuellHauser wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not painting your cat.

Shoulder Roll
done been crypto-mod'd, bitch

OldSnake wrote:Does Lorne just hire people he wants to bang now? The last decade has had the most attractive casts but easily the least funniest since the show's inception.

It's been that way for a while, yeah.

The problem with this show is that all of the cast is too normal in real life. SNL used to house so many great kooks like Belushi, Farley, Murray, Chase, Aykroyd, Murphy. These people are too well-adjusted. It kills the comedy.
The Roll!!!!!!!!!

Orlando Cepeda: "Orestes Minoso was the Jackie Robinson for all Latinos; the first star who opened doors for all Latin American players. He was everybody's hero. I wanted to be Minoso. Clemente wanted to be Minoso"

Frank Grimes

It's ridiculous that SNL fires these first-year players without giving them a chance. Given the history of the biggest SNL breakout stars, very few of them made an impact in their first year.

Meanwhile, the guy who was given a huge opportunity, and sucked balls, was Colin Jost. He was the new Weekend Update anchor, in case you forgot... which would be perfectly understandable. No one has more richly deserved to be fired than this guy.

Mattyboy
Everyone here is a pussy

Shoulder Roll wrote:
OldSnake wrote:Does Lorne just hire people he wants to bang now? The last decade has had the most attractive casts but easily the least funniest since the show's inception.

It's been that way for a while, yeah.

The problem with this show is that all of the cast is too normal in real life. SNL used to house so many great kooks like Belushi, Farley, Murray, Chase, Aykroyd, Murphy. These people are too well-adjusted. It kills the comedy.

Oh, you hang out with these guys?
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

SGreenwell
Evil twin of SGreenbad

Inexplicably, Cecily Strong is the one bounced from the Update desk, not Colin Jost: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/busin ... .html?_r=0
beeney wrote:Different gays for different days.

JGdmn wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not hitting your children.

HuellHauser wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not painting your cat.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

She's better in skits anyways.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

H-Wood wrote:What corruption?

Todd Brisket

SGreenwell wrote:Inexplicably, Cecily Strong is the one bounced from the Update desk, not Colin Jost: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/busin ... .html?_r=0

Hmm...Can't either one was great in the chair, but I liked Cecily a bit more than Colin Yost.

Todd Brisket

SG I got a newspapery question for you. Why am I so uncomfortable reading this article where the writer calls everyone "Mr" or "Ms?"

Mr. Michaels reasserted his confidence in Ms. Strong ...