Login   Register
 Login    Register
Saturday Night Live Omegathread
Burt
SEG is correct

No, cannot have! wrote:Tonight's ep was good, Elizabeth Banks is always a delight.

The Adventures of Young Ben Carson sketch was hilarious, even Jay cracked up a little during it. The music video was a little awkward but had some funny moments (better than the music video from last week's show), I was also surprised that they got a lot of that stuff past the censors. The Uber one was good too, O'Brien always makes good digital shorts.

Agree. Lizzie Banks was solid. You can always tell the difference when the guest host is a pro. They don't stare vacantly at the cue cards, reciting lines like a stage frightened 7th grader. There were several good sketches. Weekend update was, again, a tepid waste of airtime. Except for Kate McKinnon's Russian character.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Enjoyed that "Thank Adele" video. Well done and so timely with Thanksgiving coming up, refugee debating, and that song being so popular right now.

No, cannot have!

Definitely the best sketch of the night; the pre-filmed stuff is almost always the best material each week because they have so much more versatility and can edit in the funny.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

Prison Mike

No, cannot have! wrote:Definitely the best sketch of the night; the pre-filmed stuff is almost always the best material each week because they have so much more versatility and can edit in the funny.

Which is why I miss the Lonely Island digital shorts.

Matthew McConaughey did fine as host, but this will probably be remembered as the "Adele" show.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

I really hate Aidy Bryant. She's the new Kristen Wig, except fatter and more annoying, but just as overused in every awful sketch. I imagine 1780's loves her for no good reason
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Hollywood

I really hate Aidy Bryant. She's the new Kristen Wig, except fatter and more annoying, but just as overused in every awful sketch. I imagine 1780's loves her for no good reason

Hollywood

cool double post

Prison Mike

I laughed equally hard at "Least Popular Baby Name: Isis Cosby" and "Star Wars: The Four Jamaicans".

thebarrel10
Pork-belly obsessor

"There's no way that baby is white" topped the name

Kate McKinnon is the top of the newer class. Kenan deserves to move to bigger things when he's tired of SNL but I think he loves it. Whats up with that deserves a one off reboot
Franklin said some things whitey wasn't ready to hear - Gob Bluth

Prison Mike

Taran Killam is quietly a great player, like his Clooney impression last night. He doesn't seem to get the buzz that others do.

thebarrel10
Pork-belly obsessor

Yeh, he's up there too. The flirter/drunk girl you wish you hadnt started a convo with on update is usually good too.

You said player.. Do you improv or sketch?

Prison Mike

No. Haven't done drama since high school.

Must've picked it up from "Not Ready For Prime Time Players" or something.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

thebarrel10 wrote:"There's no way that baby is white" topped the name

Kate McKinnon is the top of the newer class. Kenan deserves to move to bigger things when he's tired of SNL but I think he loves it. Whats up with that deserves a one off reboot

Oh man, don't watch SNL regularly, but I don't remember ever seeing a Kenan bit I liked. I've caught What's Up With That a couple times, and what I've gathered is that each time it's approximately 47 minutes of the same joke being repeated over and over. That joke is Kenan singing the What's Up With That song, which isn't funny in and of itself. It's funny cause he does it a lot.
cantjudge wrote:Oh, I thought all the black wangs would help.

thebarrel10
Pork-belly obsessor

There are only a few ways a sketch can exist. Rules of 3, heightening, etc. Most involve repeating "the game" and the fun is seeing the variety of the repeat, or the ways to bait the repeat.

I decided I was bored with most sketch I saw and thought it'd be easy to do it better. It's not. Once you perform in front of a few dozen people, and write the material, you will have a different appreciation for how people like kenan pull it off. Maybe thats just me, but pros in the limelight have a lot more respect from me after trying it.

Hollywood

What's up with that was maybe funny the first or 2nd time, not anymore. I do like him in some bits though. Kate McKinnon and Taran Killam are fucking fantastic in just about everything they do though. I also really like Bobby Moinahan but he gets put in some crappy skits