Login   Register
 Login    Register
You liked it, but never want to watch it again.
Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

I personally have lots of movies that I enjoyed quite a bit, but for some reason have an aversion to watching again. I'll name a few examples. Most of these I saw in the theatre.

Sideways- decent movie, funny, never saw it again. Back when DVDs were hip and cheap I think I even bought it. Remains in the box.

Another example..

Punch Drunk Love - I like PTA...and I thought this move was ok...not great but ok...(visually very interesting)..but nope. No urge to see it again.

Last one...

The Station Agent - I don't see how you can dislike this movie. But I can see how you might be not amused by it. But if you are a film person this is completely worth one watch.

Bonus round...

Avatar - yes visually neato. Stupid plot, and generally cartoonish characters. I've never watched it again and I remember thinking the movie was monumentally useless as the credits rolled. However, I would say worth the one watch?
I love you.

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

Here's another one...

Schindlers list- tough subject matter, artfully done. I do not want to watch it again. I have seen parts again on cable.
I love you.

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

Begotten by Elias Merhige. Unique, one-of-a-kind, literally hand-crafted movie. Watched it once, and that was enough.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101420/

Elias Merhige also directed a very good movie called Shadow of the Vampire starring Willem Dafoe as Max Shreck, the star of the 1922 film Nosferatu. It's a fictitious rendering of the making of that film. I could watch that one again.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

There's a bunch of movies I watched far too many times as a kid/young adult, and I think I could get away with never watching them again. Not judgment about the movies, just the fact that I watched them too many times:

- The Goonies
- Back to the Future I, II, III
- Star Trek (any of them, except for I...no one needs to watch that one)
- Star Wars (all of them...blasphemy, I know, but I've seen them enough to be able to recite most of the scripts)
- Fight Club
- Pulp Fiction
- Saving Private Ryan
- Spaceballs

I could go on...I could easily go ten years without re-watching these...I definitely overdid it as a kid. Insofar as movies where I'm good with one and done -

- Memento (I've seen it many times, but once was enough).
- Inception (really liked it...again, once was enough)
- The Human Centipede (just to say I saw it....once was definitely more than enough...in the spirit of the thread title, can't say I really liked it, but it's one of those things you have to watch)
- Night and Fog (only liked it because they showed, very overtly, what happened in the Holocaust - well before Schindler's List)
- An Inconvenient Truth (we're all fucked...no one is listening. This was depressing as fuck).
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (fuck that nurse)
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

appleshampoo
pushyn00b

VictoryGin wrote:- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (fuck that nurse)

Agree with this one. That was a fucked up movie.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Titanic.

Perfectly fine, but no desire to sit through it again.

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

Any movie over 2 hours

Godfather one or two
Raging Bull, or anything by Scorsese tbqh

fine films, don't need to see again
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Are there any 3 hour films that ARE worth watching again?

I'd probably see Dance With Wolves again. That was pretty long.

Al Jarry

OldSnake wrote:Any movie over 2 hours

Godfather one or two
Raging Bull, or anything by Scorsese tbqh

fine films, don't need to see again

I watched the Godfather Epic recently. Nine hours long, I watched it over three nights. I plan to watch it again next year.

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

Prison Mike wrote:Are there any 3 hour films that ARE worth watching again?

Loads!

Godfather Part 2
Ben Hur
Titanic
Lord of the Rings (all 3)
Anne of Green Gables
La Dolce Vita
Magnolia
The Ten Commandments
Short Cuts
Dances With Wolves

I've seen all these 5+ times, and would sit down and watch one now if somebody asked me to. :)
Nathan Bateman wrote:After a long day of Turing tests, you gotta unwind.

Al Jarry

Pascal's Pager wrote:
Prison Mike wrote:Are there any 3 hour films that ARE worth watching again?

Loads!

Godfather Part 2
Ben Hur
Titanic
Lord of the Rings (all 3)
Anne of Green Gables
La Dolce Vita
Magnolia
The Ten Commandments
Short Cuts
Dances With Wolves

I've seen all these 5+ times, and would sit down and watch one now if somebody asked me to. :)

I have not, unfortunately seen most of these movies, but I have seen Magnolia about ten times. I can say, however, that in the scene in the library during the storm, when the camera panned over the books on the table, I recognized most of the books and have copies of them. One of the movie's themes is Fortean phenomena and it was a shock seeing part of my library in a movie.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Cuckoos Nest is awesome and I look forward to my kids getting mature enough to digest that story, and I will watch it again. I have seen it a few times now.

EYE-WRONG-MANG

Retardedpetesampras wrote:I personally have lots of movies that I enjoyed quite a bit, but for some reason have an aversion to watching again. I'll name a few examples. Most of these I saw in the theatre.

Sideways- decent movie, funny, never saw it again. Back when DVDs were hip and cheap I think I even bought it. Remains in the box.

Another example..

Punch Drunk Love - I like PTA...and I thought this move was ok...not great but ok...(visually very interesting)..but nope. No urge to see it again.

Last one...

The Station Agent - I don't see how you can dislike this movie. But I can see how you might be not amused by it. But if you are a film person this is completely worth one watch.

Bonus round...

Avatar - yes visually neato. Stupid plot, and generally cartoonish characters. I've never watched it again and I remember thinking the movie was monumentally useless as the credits rolled. However, I would say worth the one watch?

I enjoyed the station agent as I watched it, but looking back on it... what a stupid POS movie it was. Ridiculous characters, in impossible situations, completely unrealistic.

Only human to have never seen Avatar.

Anyway, my list includes epic long bummers like Schindlers list, or the Pianist or Saving Private Ryan. I started watching Private Ryan a second time, but shut it off... knew where it was going, didn't need to see all that shit again.

HuellHauser
I spent a lot of time looking @ this dude's crotch

Don't be full of yourself, plenty haven't seen Avatar.
SharonNeedles wrote:Why didn't they open it and show us the poop????

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

VictoryGin wrote:- The Goonies
- Back to the Future I, II, III
- Star Trek (any of them, except for I...no one needs to watch that one)
- Star Wars (all of them...blasphemy, I know, but I've seen them enough to be able to recite most of the scripts)
- Fight Club
- Pulp Fiction
- Saving Private Ryan
- Spaceballs

Cut out Star Trek and SPR and those are all movies everyone has seen more than once and would be happy to see again. Everyone.