Login   Register
 Login    Register
Random TV Shows Thread
VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Season 13 of Family Guy is now streaming on Netflix. I stopped watching regularly a few years ago, so it's fun to see them on there...the Simpsons crossover episode (leads off the season) isn't actually that bad. Crossovers usually suck.

However, I think I am quickly approaching the phase where I'm too old to enjoy Simpsons/Family Guy. Sad. I've got a couple weeks till the big 3-5, so I better enjoy it while I can.
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

VictoryGin wrote:Season 13 of Family Guy is now streaming on Netflix. I stopped watching regularly a few years ago, so it's fun to see them on there...the Simpsons crossover episode (leads off the season) isn't actually that bad. Crossovers usually suck.

However, I think I am quickly approaching the phase where I'm too old to enjoy Simpsons/Family Guy. Sad. I've got a couple weeks till the big 3-5, so I better enjoy it while I can.

Not enjoying Simpsons/Family Guy has nothing to do with one's age. They're both zombified shows that are unfunny parodies of themselves from better days. Sad, really. But if you still enjoy them these days, good on you, don't let my cynicism detract from your enjoyment.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

:cry: Too late...
backsack wrote:You're really fucking annoying today.
backsack wrote:Shut the fuck up already.
JustAnotherMike wrote:"We are doing the best we can with the resources that we have"

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Shut up. It's still funny.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

No, cannot have!

I still legit enjoy The Simpsons. Make no mistake, it's nowhere as good as it was back in the golden era of seasons 3-10, but it's also not as bad as it was through most of the 2000's. It's basically televised comfort food for me. Family Guy on the other hand has gotten very bland, and unlike The Simpsons it doesn't have characters you actually like so the blandness just beats you over the head sometimes. You could seriously show me a random ep from last season and I probably wouldn't be able to tell you if I've seen it before, it's just in one ear and out the other these days.
Technicality, no down boo-over?

Mr. Pointy

No, cannot have! wrote:I still legit enjoy The Simpsons. Make no mistake, it's nowhere as good as it was back in the golden era of seasons 3-10, but it's also not as bad as it was through most of the 2000's. It's basically televised comfort food for me. Family Guy on the other hand has gotten very bland, and unlike The Simpsons it doesn't have characters you actually like so the blandness just beats you over the head sometimes. You could seriously show me a random ep from last season and I probably wouldn't be able to tell you if I've seen it before, it's just in one ear and out the other these days.

Agreed. I also still enjoy The Simpsons. Sure, it's not near what it was, but what it was, was so amazing, that even at it's average quality, it's still a good show.

(I said "was" a lot didn't I?)

Maybe I shouldn't admit this (speaking of outgrowing things and animation), but I'm really digging Star Wars Rebels. Season 2 has been great. The CG, video game cutscene animation took awhile to get used to, and I still wish it were a 2D cartoon, but the storytelling is really good, and VO is great too. Also, there are a lot of cool original trilogy character cameos/appearances (it takes place just before Episode IV)
Lori Loughlin > Nicole Kidman

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Best show on TV.

Sarah Paulson is phenomenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... g-analysis

LeykisMan!

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Last BCS was OK, but not great. Felt like a lacklustre Breaking Bad rather than a good BCS.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

Neil T wrote:Last BCS was OK, but not great. Felt like a lacklustre Breaking Bad rather than a good BCS.

I hate to agree but yeah ... I guess that's the risk of incorporating known BB characters. And I wonder how long they can ride the 'will he give in to the dark side and screw up everything he has' dramz. Of course he will, we know that already!

Mattyboy
Great teeth AND clean vag?! Lemme get those digits

Neil T wrote:Best show on TV.

Sarah Paulson is phenomenal.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... g-analysis

Courtney B. Vance is my favorite part of this show. He's excellent. I'm hooked
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

Neil T wrote:Sarah Paulson is phenomenal.

totally agree.

unrelated: you'll never guess who she's dating.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... ng-w158838
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

I'll also never care.
SharonNeedles wrote:Why didn't they open it and show us the poop????

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Neil T
Dead chuffed

Mattyboy wrote:Courtney B. Vance is my favorite part of this show. He's excellent. I'm hooked

Yes, he's great as well. Lots of great performances, whether plain good or crazily OTT. :mrgreen:

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

HuellHauser wrote:I'll also never care.

you should, it's super weird
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one