Random TV Shows Thread
Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

So it's like Shark Tank, but dumber
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

"Game Changing" technology tho.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

New Star Trek....first ep will be on network tv, the rest only online. The wife watches Survivor or whatever online when sports stuff runs long and the TiVo misses a recording. She says their online viewing is turrible. Gotta imagine a Star Trek show has a high budget, why put it online only?

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

The new series will blast off

Har-dee-har-har.

Hollywood

Heinrich_Victory wrote:New Star Trek....first ep will be on network tv, the rest only online. The wife watches Survivor or whatever online when sports stuff runs long and the TiVo misses a recording. She says their online viewing is turrible. Gotta imagine a Star Trek show has a high budget, why put it online only?

CBS is the only local channel that you can get for free on your TV that charges a subscription for their mobile apps(other channel apps you login through your cable provider to watch). CBS thinks they're as good as HBO and can charge people money for their free shit. They're trying to get subscribers.

VictoryGin
Hehe - I can't even afford foreplay!

Neil - you watch these "Back in time for..." (dinner/weekend/christmas) shows? (Forgive me if I already asked - I forget). I kinda like them, though there's a lot of repetition (particularly between the weekend and dinner folks). I can't believe how well behaved these children are...even the slightly cheeky weekend kids are very polite.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Burt
SEG is correct

I watched a double header of COPS tonight. First time in about five years. I quit watching back then because it was all about busting poor addicts. No change. Lotsa FF on my part. Every perp the coppers chased down was a poor, sweaty user. Little bag of crack. Little bag of X. The one in the pic was a pot bust. What a fucking waste of taxpayer money and copper's time.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Burt, you ever watch Vegas Strip? It's a show about Vegas cops, it's not just drug busts either.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Burt
SEG is correct

lovelinefan wrote:Burt, you ever watch Vegas Strip? It's a show about Vegas cops, it's not just drug busts either.

Never seen it. Do they bust Sheldon Adelson?

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Nah lol
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

LeykisMan!

Sense 8.
I powered through this on Netflix. I wanted to like it because the premise is interesting. ..but I just couldn't get past all of the silly stereotypes that are rife in this show. 8 random people from around the globe are connected...and in this group there's a gay couple, a lesbian couple, a tranny, a korean lady that OF COURSE is also a kung fu master (business woman by day though), an Indian girl that still worships Ganesha...etc etc. I couldn't take these people serious. Characters would have moments where they had something interesting going on...but mostly it was a lot of talking about nothing.

Hollywood

yeah it's the ultimate SJW show ever

Burt
SEG is correct

Been watching Horace and Pete, Louis CK's theater stage play style project. It's good. Not great, but quite good. It is recorded "live." No multiple takes, but there are breaks at set changes and an intermission. More drama than comedy, but there are some laughs. It can be a bit ham fisted with its high drama. It is written by Louis, and I think the script could have been upgraded with help from an experienced playwright. Still, it is a quality product. Live production can be electric.

The acting is hit and miss. The comedians Louis brings in to act are OK. They don't drag the show down, but you can tell their brains are more focused on remembering lines than delivering them. They have those odd verbal pauses that you hear from soap opera actors that people never do in real life. On the other hand, the old pros are excellent. You've never seen Alan Alda play a profane, nasty old cuss like this before. Jessica Lange plays a faded beauty barfly perfectly. Steve Buscemi? Well, you know, Steve is Steve. Edie Falco always brings a solid. On the most recent ep I watched, Laurie Metcalf delivers a tour de force (near) soliloquy for the entire ep. I was stunned.

Louis is one hard working dude. Good on you, Louis. Louis making pages!

Heinrich_Victory
look Ma, no lube!

I like Horace and Pete as well. Mostly for the guest stars; Kurt Metzger, Alan Alda, Nick Di Paolo, Steven Wright.