Login   Register
 Login    Register
Documentary on his battle?
1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

I brought it up in another thread, but what does everyone think of the concept of Bryan documenting his battle via a special (something that would air on Discovery Health or the like)?
It's obviously very compelling, as the guy has had a whirlwind past 12 months ... and has a big battle in front of him. His age would be a big reason why I think it'd be helpful to have him help shine a light on people needing to LISTEN TO THEIR BODIES.
On the surface I know it's seems a bit crass, but my thinking is that it would be helpful to younger folks to see how he went in as early as he did AND there would have to be a financial perk to he and his fiancee' for the access to their lives. She's already doing a wonderful thing by documenting THEIR battle - a benefit for friends/family/us AND, I'm sure, for her as well (as a coping outlet).
As I mentioned before, from his time on TACS to appearing on Millionaire to getting engaged to getting sick to being diagnosed to starting chemo/radiation etc ... the backstory is already incredible and makes you think about things.
Anyway, how say you?
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Glaeken
I have hair growing out of my earlobes

Adam could fund a tv movie, get Drew/Bruce to explain the medical procedures for the common man, etc.
Back in cat hair-covered black.

zinc

I have had close family go through serious illnesses and I think it helps them to keep a personal log of how they feel and what they are going through. Putting that out in public might add some unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation.
I have never said dude unless I was making fun of a dude saying dude. - Adam Carolla 10/9/2017
Adam Carolla has never said bro, and you have never heard me say bro. - Adam Carolla 6/24/2017 Ace On The House
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

james van praagh

it'd be interesting to us but to how many other people?
hate to sound harsh but nobody puts anything on TV for anything other than sound business reasons.
so first someone would have to fund the shooting and editing of it all.
then someone else would have to think it'd be profitable to buy and air.
and there could be 15-20 Jack Silver types who'd have to approve it before it ever saw the light of day.
not saying it can't happen.
just that it's a lot tougher than most people think.
there are literally thousands of people doing thousands of documentaries every year, all hoping for a slot on Discovery or one of those channels.... and there aren't many open slots.

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

I get that, but what I'm saying is there ARE plenty of other documentaries/segments on news shows/series with people with ZERO fame. For the "suits" it would be a great deal as they would get someone that would bring in celebrities ... some in name, some in the flesh (I'm sure).
Again, to me this DOES sound crass ... but it might help as a coping mechanism for both of them, and provide some much needed money as well.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Dust then Ghosts

He and his fiance seem fairly open about what he's going through so they might be open to it, but there's a bit of a difference in the intrusion and stress between volunteering and releasing info on your own terms and being followed by a camera crew in very personal moments (shame he's already made his spankatorium deposit). That said, I'd definitely watch. I don't think you'd need to know who he is to be interested in his story. After all, people watch Ghost Hunters and I Didn't Know I was Pregnant which are exactly the same episode after episode.

AngelAdamFan

Being a fan, I would watch. That said, I also think that it would add stress that they don't need at this time. Not to mention intrusion and they would lose control of how it is presented. So many of the folks of documentaries don't fair well in the end. Look at Adam who has some time in the Industry and The Hammer he seemed to have very little control over that. As newbies I doubt that they would fair well at all. IMO

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Tom Green did a Cancer Special but he was already famous. I loved his song about how to make sure you don't get testicular cancer, though.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with