Login   Register
 Login    Register
A thought, bare with me on this.
BougDenson

Sitting in a studio where radiation waves are broadcast for hundreds of miles can't be healthy. I wonder if there are any studies on radio people and cancer rates.
Anyway, best of luck to Bryan.

Canada

The transmitter towers are generally nowhere near the station. If they were cancerous we'd all have cancer because there are hundreds if not thousands signals passing through you every moment.
It's natural to try and look for things to rationalize why or how a good guy like Bryan would get cancer, but in this case it's misguided. You're better off converting your energy to positive thoughts for Bryan and his family.
Last edited by Canada on June 9th, 2009, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beefgerky18

Canada said what I was going to say in a nicer manner. You have tv, internet, cell phone and radio transmissions going through your body at any given moment unless you're living out in the sticks. This argument is akin aspartame giving you cancer. It just doesn't hold water.

Capt_haz_mat

BougDenson wrote:Sitting in a studio where radiation waves are broadcast for hundreds of miles can't be healthy. I wonder if there are any studies on radio people and cancer rates.

Low frequency electromagnetic energy is currently being researched primarily in Europe.
So far, no occupational or epidemiological evidence has been identified for any biological diseases, symptoms, or trends...
And Canada is correct...
The transmitter towers are generally nowhere near the station

Even if the tower was on the roof of the building, the floors would offer a great deal of shielding. The emf fields from the equipment inside the studio would be more detectable...
Besides
carcinogens like Benzo[a]pyrene
are present are in the smoke and "flavor" of your BBQ from incomplete combustion, so if you can taste smoke on your food, you can expect it contains that chemical and my favorites Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are nasty mother fuckers...
These guys are also in that smoky juicy dead animal flesh...(YUM)
So from my point of view, your more likely to get cancer from your food than your radio station even if you work there.
And if you think I'm going to quit eating steak...
Well...like Dick Cheney says..."Go fuck yourself"

FunkBivouac

bear with me on this
Last edited by FunkBivouac on June 10th, 2009, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerma Jesty
hands!

FunkBivouac wrote:bear with me on this

Yer bored, aren't cha?
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

FunkBivouac

I've been wanting to do that since yesterday, I finally couldn't help myself. :D
Last edited by FunkBivouac on June 10th, 2009, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada

Apparently it's been fixed.
Last edited by Canada on June 10th, 2009, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FunkBivouac

I couldn't bare it

Canada

I added a cute bear picture and everything. Then I took it down because the original post was completely edited. I don't see why it wasn't locked and moved to the Alamo earlier. Oh well, I'll have to find an appropriate moment in the Bonaduce thread.

Glaeken
I have hair growing out of my earlobes

FYI IIRC the transmitter for KLSX was on Mt. Wilson.
Back in cat hair-covered black.

DirtyRed

BougDenson wrote:Sitting in a studio where radiation waves are broadcast for hundreds of miles can't be healthy. I wonder if there are any studies on radio people and cancer rates.

There's probably no direct correlation between radio people and cancer rates. Although listening to some radio folks, I understand your inquiry.