Login   Register
 Login    Register
2017-04-13 ACS: Brad Tolinski and David Wild
HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:A couple things from Adams childhood that I had never heard before. He told a story about getting in a fist fight because some kid took the sandwich his grandfather made for him. Also his Granpa would call him "cookie" as a nickname.

New to me as well. Weird how kid nicknames work. I realized the other day I call my son "bug" for absolutely no reason at all.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Makes playing the slugbug game pretty easy.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

Diebenkorn_Rust

pod98 wrote:they can just go ahead and ditch this "hit or shit" game -- freakin' boring as hell.

Yeah, it really does suck and is somewhat nonsensical. Maybe a more entertaining variation could be to have listeners submit songs by artists he generally hates (Prince, Bob Dylan, Duran Duran, etc), that they think he might like. The crew can then vote whether he hates it or not. It would give him opportunities to rant and also the chance of some self-deprecating humor if he likes a song by an artist he despises.

Podus_Drakum

Nothing to Kendrick Lamar. What an idiot. The only guy making the quality all the way through albums adam rants about.

Dalepracon

Just play the songs and let Adam rant.

why make it into a game???

RowanF03

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:A couple things from Adams childhood that I had never heard before. He told a story about getting in a fist fight because some kid took the sandwich his grandfather made for him. Also his Granpa would call him "cookie" as a nickname.

New to me as well. Weird how kid nicknames work. I realized the other day I call my son "bug" for absolutely no reason at all.

I have heard the sandwich story once before but cookie is new to me.

kombat

I enjoy the "Hit or Shit" game not really to hear what Adam thinks about the songs, but because I marvel at what passes for "music" nowadays. I didn't realize how insulated I was from music pop culture. I have my podcasts I listen to, and my playlists when I want music, but I never really listen to the radio or check the charts any more. So hearing some of these terrible, ear-bleeding "songs" on ACS is really my only exposure to them. It makes me wonder, "does anyone actually listen to this crap?" In one of the "songs," the rapper was just mumbling along, like he couldn't even be bothered to put in the effort to speak the words on his own "song." Is that what kids consider "cool" now? People actually *pay* to listen to that stuff? People buy tickets to "concerts" to listen to this guy mumble his bad poetry over a Casio for 90 minutes? Do they dance to it somehow? Sway? When it comes on the radio, do they say, "Ooo, quiet down, I love this song"? And does anyone else in the car say, "Me too!"?

Full disclosure, I'm 41.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

Rap songs aren't even "rap" anymore. They're rap collaborations with auto tune.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Yeah, I think I'm yet to recognize a single song they've played. Now get off my lawn.

RiverOtis

kombat wrote:I enjoy the "Hit or Shit" game not really to hear what Adam thinks about the songs, but because I marvel at what passes for "music" nowadays. I didn't realize how insulated I was from music pop culture. I have my podcasts I listen to, and my playlists when I want music, but I never really listen to the radio or check the charts any more. So hearing some of these terrible, ear-bleeding "songs" on ACS is really my only exposure to them. It makes me wonder, "does anyone actually listen to this crap?" In one of the "songs," the rapper was just mumbling along, like he couldn't even be bothered to put in the effort to speak the words on his own "song." Is that what kids consider "cool" now? People actually *pay* to listen to that stuff? People buy tickets to "concerts" to listen to this guy mumble his bad poetry over a Casio for 90 minutes? Do they dance to it somehow? Sway? When it comes on the radio, do they say, "Ooo, quiet down, I love this song"? And does anyone else in the car say, "Me too!"?

Full disclosure, I'm 41.

I'm 42, and I'm actually surprised by how little the sound of pop music has changed since I stopped listening regularly to Top 40 radio in junior high school (mid-to-late 80s). Other than the advent of Pro Tools, which makes everyone sound like they're singing into a coffee can, there's not much to distinguish much of what's popular now from what dumb kids like me used to listen to back in the day.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

THESE KIDS TODAY WITH THEIR SKATEBOARDS AND THEIR DUBSTEPS!

kombat

Otis: Yeah, I agree about "Pop" music, I'm actually OK with what passes for "pop" nowadays, with your Sias and your Bruno Marses and your Weeknds. I was more talking about the inane rap "music."

And Adam was absolutely right about "Popstar." There were some surprisingly good satirical songs in that movie, which just goes to show how easy it is to produce that kind of music (which was exactly Adam's point). "Humble" was pretty good, but "F*** Bin Laden" was downright catchy.

#Conner4Real

Mcnugget
Yarrrrr

How does the way the song was made effect your enjoyment?

Why does Adam care that the guy who gets all the love can't play an instrument? Someone played it. It's on the song. What do you think of the song ?

He does this a lot he says the lonely island parody type guys can do their music better than them
So it's not even a skill, I disagree. Those songs were fun when they came
Out but try to listen to a lonely island song nowadays it's just annoying .

HuellHauser
I spent a lot of time looking @ this dude's crotch

Mcnugget wrote:He does this a lot he says the lonely island parody type guys can do their music better than them
So it's not even a skill, I disagree. Those songs were fun when they came
Out but try to listen to a lonely island song nowadays it's just annoying .

What's it feel like being wrong?
SharonNeedles wrote:Why didn't they open it and show us the poop????

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast