Login   Register
 Login    Register
2017-06-16 ACS: Roy Jones Jr. and Dennis Prager
Burt
SEG is correct

Smartmouth wrote:Prager's opening remarks:

"What we're articulating has been the American uniqueness. Americans, you see, before the left made people think that race is important, that ethnicity is important, it wasn't. Now, obviously it was to racists. So now, the racism has moved over from the regular racists to the leftist racists. There is no difference. Both say skin color is determinative. We (meaning Adam and Prager) embody the American ideal: it doesn't matter at all."

I think somebody dropped Prager on his head when he was a baby.

Smartmouth
Indonesian Proxy Master

I have to say that sometimes, Gina doesn't get her due as a member of the team. She does come up with funny asides, but Adam often doesn't hear them. And when he does acknowledge her words, he does it in a rush to move on. It's clear he hasn't actually heard her joke. If he does hear the joke, he sometimes just claims it and incorporates it into his own rant without engaging Gina or acknowledging where the joke came from.

In this podcast, I noticed a few of these instances:

Adam made a joke about not being impressed with "Pussy Hats." Adam said he wasn't going to sign off on the powerful vagina until they get vacuum power. Wet and dry.

Gina quipped, "The Shop-Vag."

Adam said, "The Shop-Vac, yeah." He didn't hear Gina's joke.

Adam later reflected on how unfortunate it was that Yoko Ono was the most famous Japanese person in America. He listed a few other famous Japanese names and said there should be a kind of lower Mt. Rushmore for famous Japanese figures.

Gina quipped, "Mt. Hiroshamore"

Bald responded, "Too soon."

Adam and Bryan continued with a riff on Yoko Ono and her bizarre howling and shrieking performances. They joked that the doctor who was dragged off the United Airlines flight would make a good bandmate for her. His howling and shrieking would blend well with hers.

Gina made the joke that the doctor's musical instrument would be a metal armrest: "She needs a guitar. He needs a metal armrest."

Adam said "Yeah" and kept going, but I don't think Adam heard what she said.

Adam was clearly the driving force behind the comedy in this episode, but Gina had some good moments. I thought the "metal armrest" thing was the most clever bit in the whole podcast.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

I've noticed that too, albeit in a significantly less obsessive way. He's oddly unaware or dismissive of her jokes.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

SyntheticWaffle

perhaps she is now his side chick, and he is purposely trying to ignore her so as to conceal his relationship by not appearing to favor her
You cannot imagine how wrong you are

Okie Dokie
oh gawd he's back

Todd Brisket wrote:
Okie Dokie wrote:Did Adam pull out the focus mitts?

Jones was a phoner so he was just stroking himself with them.

Too bad. Adam could have given him some boxing tips.

Gritty Wiring

Smartmouth wrote:I have to say that sometimes, Gina doesn't get her due as a member of the team. She does come up with funny asides, but Adam often doesn't hear them. And when he does acknowledge her words, he does it in a rush to move on. It's clear he hasn't actually heard her joke. If he does hear the joke, he sometimes just claims it and incorporates it into his own rant without engaging Gina or acknowledging where the joke came from.

In this podcast, I noticed a few of these instances:

Adam made a joke about not being impressed with "Pussy Hats." Adam said he wasn't going to sign off on the powerful vagina until they get vacuum power. Wet and dry.

Gina quipped, "The Shop-Vag."

Adam said, "The Shop-Vac, yeah." He didn't hear Gina's joke.

Adam later reflected on how unfortunate it was that Yoko Ono was the most famous Japanese person in America. He listed a few other famous Japanese names and said there should be a kind of lower Mt. Rushmore for famous Japanese figures.

Gina quipped, "Mt. Hiroshamore"

Bald responded, "Too soon."

Adam and Bryan continued with a riff on Yoko Ono and her bizarre howling and shrieking performances. They joked that the doctor who was dragged off the United Airlines flight would make a good bandmate for her. His howling and shrieking would blend well with hers.

Gina made the joke that the doctor's musical instrument would be a metal armrest: "She needs a guitar. He needs a metal armrest."

Adam said "Yeah" and kept going, but I don't think Adam heard what she said.

Adam was clearly the driving force behind the comedy in this episode, but Gina had some good moments. I thought the "metal armrest" thing was the most clever bit in the whole podcast.

Shes usually talking over someone else, of course he doesnt hear her.

BallsDeep

I had to hate-listen to this after reading all the Prager comments. Car-crash pod: you could sense the comedy leaving the room every time he spoke.

24:52 Prager: "...in a moment of non-levity..."
Adam: "The first of many from Dennis Prager, everybody..."
You'd think that after Adam made that joke at Prager's expense about how he'll fuck up the show with his serious comments that Prager would lighten up, but nope. For the rest of the show Prager is his usual blowhardy self.

Bonus drinking game: take a shot every time Prager says "serious" or "seriously" - which are among the last words you want to hear in a comedy podcast.
Last edited by BallsDeep on June 20th, 2017, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

BallsDeep

Smartmouth wrote:"What we're articulating has been the American uniqueness. Americans, you see, before the left made people think that race is important, that ethnicity is important, it wasn't. Now, obviously it was to racists. So now, the racism has moved over from the regular racists to the leftist racists. There is no difference. Both say skin color is determinative. We (meaning Adam and Prager) embody the American ideal: it doesn't matter at all."
I'm amazed at how retarded 26:29 Prager's statement is: there was no racism... except by racists. It's like saying that there was no crime... except by criminals.

Less than two minutes later he says that 28:20 "...you cannot joke about hanging nooses with regards to blacks." So he's aware of lynchings, but he's unaware that it totally undermines his assertion that racism didn't exist.

Props to Adam for his 27:07 "Unless you're Puerto Rican of course..." joke to point out how naive Prager's comment was.

BallsDeep

And here's the moment that perfectly summarizes this episode:
1:15:34 Prager: "...I'm not gonna spend much more time on this because it's not of interest to most people, but..."
[Prager continues to spend much more time on it]