Login   Register
 Login    Register
2017-11-14 ACS: Kinky Friedman and Christina P
Neil T
Dead chuffed

http://adamcarolla.com/kinky-friedman-and-christina-p/

Kinky Friedman chats with Adam about the art of being a humorist, his current tour, and living off the grid. Plus, comedian Christina P is in studio to share her love of Hungarian food and to play a round of Blah Blah Blog.

PeeDiddlySummary:

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Adam: Kinky is a humorist everybody, you don't see that as much any more.
Kinky: Yeah well, I mean, even comedians are getting less funny.
Adam: Yep, some getting pretty serious, even preachy
30 seconds of non-funny conversation pass
Adam: White privilege doesn't exist because there are poor white people.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

imchipdouglas

Good Sports is increasingly an entertaining segment, but somebody needs to protect Shek from himself. We've now spent 2 shows on NFL team fight songs. Add that to the already formidable mountain of topics - including cars, politics, LA traffic and family rehash - which alienate north of 95% of the audience.
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

RowanF03

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:Adam: Kinky is a humorist everybody, you don't see that as much any more.
Kinky: Yeah well, I mean, even comedians are getting less funny.
Adam: Yep, some getting pretty serious, even preachy
30 seconds of non-funny conversation pass
Adam: White privilege doesn't exist because there are poor white people.

I'm wildly curious as to who passes as funny to this guy. I mean, I get it... why would you want to watch Kate McKinnon on SNL when you have Laurel and Hardy.

As for Shek, he is such an embarrassment when it comes to being a full-on sports homer. You can't pretend to be a full time sports guy and claim that your home town is the best in all facets. That fight song is a whole-cloth rip-off of The Andrews Sisters' Pennsylvania Polka. I appreciate that they stole a song that has something to do with Pennsylvania but it's not original.

Jade, Center Stage
Stage 3 is for basic bitches

Does Christina hate Adam? She has that look.

Chef Lorena Garcia
I'd also advise against stealing a baby

Jade, Center Stage wrote:Does Christina hate Adam? She has that look.

I don't think so, I think she has mixed feelings. I know she was a pretty big fan in the past but I think, like lots of his old fans, she is often annoyed by him now. She is also friends with Alison, they did a podcast together shortly after she was let go from ACS.

zinc

Battle of the bags on the floor there. Looks like Gina has a different one from the last couple years.
I have never said dude unless I was making fun of a dude saying dude. - Adam Carolla 10/9/2017
Adam Carolla has never said bro, and you have never heard me say bro. - Adam Carolla 6/24/2017 Ace On The House
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

zinc wrote:Battle of the bags on the floor there. Looks like Gina has a different one from the last couple years.

Yeah, but what about their purses?

HEY-OOOOOH

Diebenkorn_Rust

Christina and Bald Bryan are doing that prolonged love at first sight stare.

O(+>

Kinky Friedman is a longtime Imus staple, which is the direction Adam's career is slowly careening in. Except that Adam is going to be the illiterate version of Imus.

Jade, Center Stage
Stage 3 is for basic bitches

Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:I don't think so, I think she has mixed feelings. I know she was a pretty big fan in the past but I think, like lots of his old fans, she is often annoyed by him now. She is also friends with Alison, they did a podcast together shortly after she was let go from ACS.

Seems about right. She did another pod with Alison not too long ago after they both had babies.

HowWouldIKnowThat

Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:

I don't think so, I think she has mixed feelings. I know she was a pretty big fan in the past but I think, like lots of his old fans, she is often annoyed by him now. She is also friends with Alison, they did a podcast together shortly after she was let go from ACS.

This based on anything from the show I missed? She clearly knew at least some of his schtick, was into it, and was laughing. Didn't catch any shade.

Chef Lorena Garcia

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Chef Lorena Garcia wrote:

This based on anything from the show I missed? She clearly knew at least some of his schtick, was into it, and was laughing. Didn't catch any shade.

No I have listened to her podcast a lot so I know how she generally feels about things.

HowWouldIKnowThat

Maybe she just did a good job hiding it, but she seemed pretty affable with him.

Chef Lorena Garcia

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:Maybe she just did a good job hiding it, but she seemed pretty affable with him.

I agree. Like I said I think she was definitely a fan back in the day, but knowing a little about her worldview there is no way she isn't annoyed by him nowadays. I think maybe in that Alison podcast I mentioned they may have even been talking about him without talking about him (it was several years ago so I could be misremembering).