Login   Register
 Login    Register
Official Do your self a favor thread
twoweeksdue

Remember the old bit on the radio show where adam and crew shared small tips that make life much better, lets start a list where people add their best tips and maybe they'll bring the bit back...that's good pod.
Here's my unoriginal tip. Do yourself a favor and buy and portable electric heater and a timer. In the cold winter months, set the timer it heats up your bathroom and shuts down right before you jump into the shower so the temp goes from 65-72 degrees up to 85 ish. The benefits is less condensation fog in the bathroom and you aint cold once the hot water turns off when getting ready.

Undertoad

Men, after a shower, do hit your balls for 30 seconds with the hair dryer. If you put away the sack bone-dry, it will not funkify so quickly.
the more you know

pastahero

twoweeksdue wrote:Here's my unoriginal tip. Do yourself a favor and buy and portable electric heater and a timer. In the cold winter months, set the timer it heats up your bathroom and shuts down right before you jump into the shower so the temp goes from 65-72 degrees up to 85 ish. The benefits is less condensation fog in the bathroom and you aint cold once the hot water turns off when getting ready.

I've tried this but it doesn't work with heaters lacking an on-off switch. Nowadays they're like TVs with a power button. If the heater is on and the electricity is cut off, it'll stay off when the electricity comes back (that's what the timer does). Do they still make the on-off kind?
Undertoad wrote:Men, after a shower, do hit your balls for 30 seconds with the hair dryer. If you put away the sack bone-dry, it will not funkify so quickly.

Wrap a towel around your waist and it'll create a nice oven effect.

backsack
I like urban kids

Enjoy real maple syrup.
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Mattyboy
Great teeth AND clean vag?! Lemme get those digits

Don't go to Virginia Tech
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

:face:
SharonNeedles wrote:All I wanted was for people to laugh at the black man. :(

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Jerma Jesty
hands!

These threads are also worth taking a look at for more Do Yourself a Favor type advice.
Do yourself a favor I
Do yourself a favor II
Do yourself a favor: Employment Edition
Some of them are really great, some are hilarious and, of course, some of them are l.a.m.e. If you don't have any advice of your own, find your favorite and repost it here.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

laxdude
The game, not the airport, eh.

Yes, you can get a mechanical switch heater, they are typically the bigger ones so that means getting a good heavy duty timer will be the challenge.
It is far from safe though. Just buy a ceramic heater with an integrated timer, then it should have the proper minimum safe guards for over temperature, and almost every modern one has tip over protection.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Buy new
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

pastahero

laxdude wrote:Yes, you can get a mechanical switch heater, they are typically the bigger ones so that means getting a good heavy duty timer will be the challenge.
It is far from safe though. Just buy a ceramic heater with an integrated timer, then it should have the proper minimum safe guards for over temperature, and almost every modern one has tip over protection.

What don't you know?
Last edited by pastahero on December 8th, 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laxdude
The game, not the airport, eh.

When you work construction you get to know heaters. Either for plaster and painting or for cement.
I know heaters from little ceramic jobbies to ones that run off giant propane tanks and sound like flamethrowers because that is pretty much what they are.

If you're cold in your house, put on a god damn sweater. There's no need to ever have the heat above 68F.

Hipster Lemur

Ask a female acquaintance to jerk you off with her feet. If she has a bad reaction, the whole thing is absurd enough to say you were just kidding. If she agrees: Footjob.

thebarrel9

I took on the advice of Ace and recommend buying stock of the crap you waste time looking for. always looking for a sharpie? Buy a 10 pack and throw one everywhere you look for one.
Also good for snacks in the car. Throw a couple clif's, ritz PB crackers, etc. especially you guys up in the snow.

junkman

Check the department store for any razors and blades that are being phased out and buy all of them. Usually they’re discounted and once you run out of blades you can usually find replacements on Ebay for some great deals. I found 102 new blades for a Matrix3 razor I got for $24.99 and am covered until 2014.
This post also works on the tales from the cheap thread too.