Login   Register
 Login    Register
Official Do your self a favor thread
jovialjackee
User avatar
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 21,276 | Offline
Joined: Aug 21, 2012
HuellHauser wrote:Everyone please list these hassles. I'm trying to think of something where a card wouldn't suffice.


It's when you forget your wallet

PlaysByEar
User avatar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 10,987 | Offline
Joined: Jan 30, 2010

Eget don't take plastic, bro

Jerma Jesty
User avatar
hands!
 
Rank: User
Posts: 15,118 | Offline
Joined: Jan 7, 2008

HuellHauser wrote:Everyone please list these hassles. I'm trying to think of something where a card wouldn't suffice.

I've used the $20 twice to get me bumped up to the front of a line when I was in a screaming hurry. (And once at a tire place when they were about to close) I've used the ones to give someone change when they need $5 back from me. Also when I had left my wallet in the trunk, to pay for a malkshake. Also at a toll plaza. I gave $5 in ones to a woman with two kids asking for money at a stoplight.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

HuellHauser
User avatar
alright, calm down internet
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 44,700 | Offline
Joined: Oct 27, 2010

I don't bribe people to help me so I don't see that happening. You don't seem to be listing any necessities, just things where it's convenient to have the money.

jovialjackee wrote:
HuellHauser wrote:Everyone please list these hassles. I'm trying to think of something where a card wouldn't suffice.


It's when you forget your wallet


Also this doesn't happen. My wallet has my license. If I'm in my car I have it.

I'm sure I'll forget it some time next week since I posted this.
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.



Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Jerma Jesty
User avatar
hands!
 
Rank: User
Posts: 15,118 | Offline
Joined: Jan 7, 2008

Well, no, Huell. My life hasn't been at stake yet for the sake of some one dollar bills.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

Der Lobo
User avatar
Yall loosers
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 16,641 | Online
Joined: Apr 15, 2013

HuellHauser wrote:Everyone please list these hassles. I'm trying to think of something where a card wouldn't suffice.


Ok, so the point is that we list cases where it helped us and then you tell us why that's stupid and how you'd never end up in that situation? Got it:

- valet parking
- tipping at an open bar
- distracting a hobo with the Aids

Ps: I actually have more cash in the car, because when The Big One hits, neither ATM nor credit card reader will work

AlienC
User avatar
Don't forget the Wellbutrin®
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 1,426 | Offline
Joined: Feb 24, 2009

A little bit of White Out or similar on the POSITIVE or + marking in the battery compartment ( of whatever battery operated device) will make it easier to get the batteries oriented correctly the first time.

Prison Mike
User avatar
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 10,555 | Offline
Joined: Mar 1, 2010

I can go weeks without carrying any cash in my wallet.

1780's Guy
User avatar
Omnipotent Ramrod
 
Rank: Admin
Posts: 19,768 | Offline
Joined: Mar 3, 2007

When buying bananas (especially if you do weekly shopping trips), don't grab a big bunch of bananas....rather, grab half a bunch of yellow ones, then half a bunch of green ones.

If you use propane to grill, go ahead and buy a second tank and be fairly expedient about swapping the empty out when your tank dies.

I'll repeat:
Stash a $20 bill somewhere in your car as a backup (to forgetting cash, your wallet, etc).
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

Hypermotard
User avatar
You done been Hypmotized
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 49,274 | Offline
Joined: Nov 7, 2012

The b'nana one is pretty smart.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

Todd Brisket
User avatar
human interaction simulation
 
Rank: Wiki Admin
Posts: 27,333 | Offline
Joined: Aug 9, 2010

Banans: smrt
Propane: obvious
$20: I use my looks and charm to get by in emergencies

1780's Guy
User avatar
Omnipotent Ramrod
 
Rank: Admin
Posts: 19,768 | Offline
Joined: Mar 3, 2007

I don't think the propane is incredibly obvious to most....when I've gone to swap mine, more than once I've heard people talking about how they had to hurry and get back as their steaks were half cooked before the propane went out.

The banana thing I've been doing for a long time .... it's kind of like pulling your credit report via annualcreditreport.com. You can pull each bureau, for free, once every 12 months. If you're a cheapskate, yet you want to make sure you credit isn't getting jacked up, you can stagger the pulling of each bureau. For instance, pull TransUnion today. You will not be eligible to pull again until FEB 17. Then, in June pull Experian. Then in October, pull Equifax. Now you're back to February ('17) and eligible to pull TransUnion again. You're obviously not going to eat the green bananas now, but you may want a banana in a few days and while most people are tossing out the remaining rotten bananas they bought in the the giant bunch....you, Sir, are partaking in a bright yellow banana that you bought several days earlier.
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

cantjudge
User avatar
69 feels like 69, amirite?
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 6,212 | Offline
Joined: Jan 26, 2012

1780's Guy wrote:....you, Sir, are partaking in a bright yellow banana that you bought several days earlier.



Image

appleshampoo
User avatar
Apples | Ham | Poo
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 9,613 | Offline
Joined: Aug 30, 2009

1780's Guy wrote:I don't think the propane is incredibly obvious to most....when I've gone to swap mine, more than once I've heard people talking about how they had to hurry and get back as their steaks were half cooked before the propane went out.

The banana thing I've been doing for a long time .... it's kind of like pulling your credit report via annualcreditreport.com. You can pull each bureau, for free, once every 12 months. If you're a cheapskate, yet you want to make sure you credit isn't getting jacked up, you can stagger the pulling of each bureau. For instance, pull TransUnion today. You will not be eligible to pull again until FEB 17. Then, in June pull Experian. Then in October, pull Equifax. Now you're back to February ('17) and eligible to pull TransUnion again. You're obviously not going to eat the green bananas now, but you may want a banana in a few days and while most people are tossing out the remaining rotten bananas they bought in the the giant bunch....you, Sir, are partaking in a bright yellow banana that you bought several days earlier.

Dude are you high?
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Dont Tell Ray
User avatar
world's greatest no-goodnik
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 31,606 | Online
Joined: Jan 30, 2008

Many credit cards give you fico these days.. I have 2 random ones that do that. Monthly right on the paperless statement.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allgold and 9 guests