Login   Register
 Login    Register
Ginger Ale power rankings
1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

So, my list of the best ginger ales out there changes quite a bit. I mostly stick to ranking the mass produced ales, as the "true" ginger ales (usually in glass bottles) are usually super regional and tough to rank.

The reason for me actually creating a thread for this, at this point, is my reigning #1 just stabbed me in my chest.

Seagrams (Coca Cola's variety) has decided to replace their standard ale with a "25% less calories than the rest" formulation (which apparently is the result of using sucralose). I think the can went from 130 or 140 calories to now an even 100. It sucks. It's just awful. A quick search shows a Facebook page full of similarly minded clods as myself who are outraged at the complete swap, and this new formula simply not being an option.

In light of these events, here we go:

1 Canada Dry
2 Schweppes
3 Generic Store Brands
4 Hansens
5 Vernors
6 Seagrams
124 Dummies who think you can just do a 50/50 of Sprite & Coke to "make" Ginger Ale

I know I'm most likely alone in my passion for Ginger Ale, but holy crap is this latest bait and switch by Coca-Cola an alarming way to celebrate the brave warriors who have fought, and died, for this great country. CREEPS!
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

The best ginger ale is the one you drink

The one you drink
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Are we counting the pink ginger ales like the Canada Dry Cranberry?

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

Prison Mike wrote:Are we counting the pink ginger ales like the Canada Dry Cranberry?

you can if you're gay... so go on....
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

beeney
Still don't like my under tittie

Canada Dry obvi.
JGdmn wrote:You are terrible at everything.

HuellHauser wrote:You're shoving a flashlight up you're twat

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

1780s, your posts make me sad. "Where do you put your arms in the shower?" "What is the best ginger ale?"

Pascal's Pager
aka: the pretentious bigmouth

Ginger ale is my favorite soda, but I confess I find all the mass-market offerings more or less the same. (That is, acceptable in a pinch.) My favorite, by far, is Natural Brew Outrageous Ginger Ale. It's owned by Smuckers, but it's brewed in small batches, uses all-natural ingredients, and is generally found in specialty stores. Good stuff.

SGreenwell
Evil twin of SGreenbad

AGAIN WITH THE LISTS! Stealing Foxworthy's bits!
beeney wrote:Different gays for different days.

JGdmn wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not hitting your children.

HuellHauser wrote:I think it's pretty safe to err of the side of not painting your cat.

Okie Dokie
oh gawd he's back

All I know is the Vernor's is disgusting. I actually worked for them one summer in high school- worst job ever. I would be paired with a nubile girl and us "Vernor's Teens" (ugh and double ugh) would sit there in workout gear serve free samples in what must have been an ill conceived attempt to hip up the old timiest soda in existence. It backfired because we of course hated the shit and just sat there ignoring old people and telling them how much we hated it.

beeney
Still don't like my under tittie

SharonNeedles wrote:1780s, your posts make me sad. "Where do you put your arms in the shower?" "What is the best ginger ale?"

Don't forget, "what would you do if you didn't have to post on this board?"

Pretty much saying he hates being the Administrator for this board. He hates us all. We're like the kids who don't leave the house.
JGdmn wrote:You are terrible at everything.

HuellHauser wrote:You're shoving a flashlight up you're twat

Capt_haz_mat

Usually buy Schweppes or Canada Dry... available everywhere but the there are the lesser known brands

Americana
Blenheim's Not As Hot
Blenheim's Hot
Boylan
Canada Dry
Dr. Brown's
Natural Brew
Reed's
Seagram's
Sprecher
Thomas Kemper
Thomas Kemper Purely Natural
Vernor's

Thomas Kemper was owned by Pyramid brewing until they sold it in 2007... and I haven't seen it recently... but they made a wicked good gingah'

SharonNeedles
All you people are sick in the head

nikkib wrote:
SharonNeedles wrote:1780s, your posts make me sad. "Where do you put your arms in the shower?" "What is the best ginger ale?"

Don't forget, "what would you do if you didn't have to post on this board?"

Pretty much saying he hates being the Administrator for this board. He hates us all. We're like the kids who don't leave the house.

He can judge us, but when he judges us HE JUDGES HIMSELF.

thebarrel10
Pork-belly obsessor

i like washing down sushi w/Boylans. pure cane sugar. fuck you, corn syrup.
Franklin said some things whitey wasn't ready to hear - Gob Bluth

Jerma Jesty
hands!

Canada Dry is the best with sugar. Zevia is the best sugar free; it has no artificial sweeteners and actually tastes pretty good considering it doesn't have any sugar.

I can't believe we're talking about ginger ale and not the far superior ginger beer.

Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

I never expected to see a list of best ginger ales. I even assumed this thread was some kind of metaphor for something I could not comprehend, which was why I clicked on it finally.