Login   Register
 Login    Register
Adam fires Alison Rosen
Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

The gift that keeps on giving gets referenced in a new article about a possible Artie Lange - Stern fued.

By Darren Johnson
Campus News and Nu2U

In the 1980s and ’90s, there were something called “radio wars,” where a DJ from one channel would dis a DJ at another channel. They would go back and forth, getting nastier each time. This was during a period when syndication began, as shows were entering new markets, and DJs would claim turf. Being No. 1 in a market meant great financial rewards. Advertisers wanted to be with a No. 1, after all.

For the listener, it was riveting, as we turned from one channel to the other to hear what they were saying about each other.

That era is largely gone, as radio became more and more corporatized, filtered, pre-recorded – and people just don’t care about the medium that much anymore.

But the practice of warring between audio personalities does live on; just it has moved to podcasts.

Earlier this year, I found it very listenable when “The Adam Carolla Show” fired news personality Alison Rosen (via email). Rosen had added a quirky, personable, original voice to the Carolla team, and it seemed a bit shocking that she was suddenly persona non grata. Carolla himself is a wordsmith and the best riffer in radio history. This had the feeling of an unfortunate divorce.

Rosen also has a podcast, “Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend” (which is hit-and-miss; on Thursdays, she does one with a bunch of chipper 20-somethings who try too hard to make themselves seem deep and interesting, talking over each other and making it hard to wade through; but other times she does one-on-one interviews; those are usually very good. She can get a guest to open up, perhaps based on her humble, even vulnerable, demeanor (that demeanor which made the firing by the at-times cold former “Man Show” founder seem all the more cruel)).

So, for a while, the two podcast divorcees took to their respective podcasts to dis each other, surely resulting in spikes in listenership for both. (Podcasts also mostly survive on ads, so downloads matter.)

The rest of the story
http://cccnews.info/2015/10/04/podcast-wars-next-up-is-howard-stern-and-a-former-sidekick/
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Interesting. I find the Thursday shows much more interesting than the 1:1s.

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

Artie and Alison are sending a check to that author as we speak.

Also, in reply to an earlier comment. Yeah, dudes are lining up to have kids. We can't get enough of them! Heck I'm 46 and hoping to pop out two more. I want to combine my retirement party with my youngest child's high school graduation. Easier and really only need one cake.

I can't wait to have kids! Said no sane male ever.
I love you.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I've only ever listened to one episode of Alison's podcast, the one with Dr. Drew. It was ok.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Dootson Grad
it's two dimes thick

Retardedpetesampras wrote:Also, in reply to an earlier comment. Yeah, dudes are lining up to have kids. We can't get enough of them! Heck I'm 46 and hoping to pop out two more. I want to combine my retirement party with my youngest child's high school graduation. Easier and really only need one cake.

I can't wait to have kids! Said no sane male ever.

That's how I felt and feel about it -- it's been the best thing about my life, bar none. Wish I could have had more. I have 3.

jovialjackee
Net Wt. 12 OZ (340g)

Huh. Turns out RPS may not be the benchmark for male sanity.

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

ssssssssssshocking
SharonNeedles wrote:All I wanted was for people to laugh at the black man. :(

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

interesting sentence near the end of that:

“The Adam Carolla Show” seems to be the most well-rounded and on-target for its audience.

not sure if that's good or bad.
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."

Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

jovialjackee wrote:Huh. Turns out RPS may not be the benchmark for male sanity.

Even a broken clock....
HuellHauser wrote:I don't get the beaver

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

...has hands.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

vulcanized rubber

So the most interesting thing Alison did relative to this podcast was to get fired.

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

I think some of you should have had shaken baby syndrome. Dudes saying they want kids are generally dudes saying they want more fucking. Dootson aside, when males talk to other males, I can assure you we are not talking about how eager we are to have kids. You homos on this board can pretend all you like.
I love you.

cantjudge
69 feels like 69, amirite?

Retardedpetesampras wrote:I think some of you should have had shaken baby syndrome. Dudes saying they want kids are generally dudes saying they want more fucking. Dootson aside, when males talk to other males, I can assure you we are not talking about how eager we are to have kids. You homos on this board can pretend all you like.

I was thinking that maybe human beings of the same gender don't all necessarily want exactly the same things, but you've really made me see the error of my ways.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Thank god Ceej, was worried you were a shaken baby there for a second.
SharonNeedles wrote:Take that Bin Laden!! Skeet skeet!!

backsack
I like urban kids

I don't get why we should have had it.
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.