Login   Register
 Login    Register
Good Alternatives to Adam and Carolla Digital?
LondonCalling

Like many on here, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the quality of ACS and the other shows on the network. Especially the rants and repetition. However, I haven't found many other podcasts that are consistently worth listening to either. Have tried Moran and Burr and wasn't that impressed. So a call for help! Please share any suggestions. A couple I enjoy are:

Bill Simmons. Sports heavy but I enjoy that. There was a refreshing discussion on a recent one with Casey Wasserman where they raved about how great and up and coming LA is at the moment. And how the mayor was doing such a good job. Not exactly the positivity you get on that subject from Adam.

The Frank Skinner Show. This is very British but hilarious if you like the Brit sense of humour. I'm from the USA but have lived in the Uk for several years. So the humour may have rubbed off on me. Curious to see if others in here may like it

Thanks in advance. Need to get away from ACS. It's like staying in an abusive relationship at the moment.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Afterpod:
http://afterpod.libsyn.com/rss

I'd start with the Mystery Show episodes if you're tired of listening to Adam/the network podcasts.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

pussylips
sucked even more

Joe Rogan is pretty good.......
and believe it or not, Greg Fitzsimmons pod is decent
"thanks a lot, you weirdo"

Punch

Glaeken
I have hair growing out of my earlobes

Classic Loveline (95 - 2005)

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

If you want good Adam, do Classic Loveline or the radio show 2006ish.

Reply All is a show about the Internet intersecting with humans. It's very good, always different but interesting.
I like Freakonomics radio, although it can be hit or miss depending on the subject.
We Have Concerns is good if you've got just a little bit of hipster/modern man in you.

Most importantly though, perhaps you've heard of Daves of Thunder?
SharonNeedles wrote:Take that Bin Laden!! Skeet skeet!!

zinc

Once in a while it's fun to check out Bonaduce's podcast of his Seattle morning show. No, really.
Adam Carolla has never said bro, and you have never heard me say bro. - Adam Carolla 6/24/2017 Ace On The House
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never had an issue with pop music. -Adam Carolla. 3/9/2016
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

Provigilant

LondonCalling wrote:Like many on here, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the quality of ACS and the other shows on the network. Especially the rants and repetition. However, I haven't found many other podcasts that are consistently worth listening to either. Have tried Moran and Burr and wasn't that impressed. So a call for help! Please share any suggestions. A couple I enjoy are:

Bill Simmons. Sports heavy but I enjoy that. There was a refreshing discussion on a recent one with Casey Wasserman where they raved about how great and up and coming LA is at the moment. And how the mayor was doing such a good job. Not exactly the positivity you get on that subject from Adam.

The Frank Skinner Show. This is very British but hilarious if you like the Brit sense of humour. I'm from the USA but have lived in the Uk for several years. So the humour may have rubbed off on me. Curious to see if others in here may like it

Thanks in advance. Need to get away from ACS. It's like staying in an abusive relationship at the moment.

In addition to ACS, I listen to the following:

Afterpod
The Joe Rogan Experience
WTF with Marc Maron
Fitzdog Radio
Uhh Yeah Dude
Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast
How Did This Get Made
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Dan Carlin's Common Sense

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

This is a great, funny, informative, entertaining, grounbreaking, and Earth shattering podcast about old school video games

http://ypbpodcast.com/
SharonNeedles wrote:All I wanted was for people to laugh at the black man. :(

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

There's an entire section on the board dedicated to "other" pods.

Podcast Pandemonium

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

for your health
SharonNeedles wrote:All I wanted was for people to laugh at the black man. :(

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

st croix

Setting your public hair on fire?

Watersmack

Much of my free time is spent not listening to the Carolla offerings. When that task is completed, I enjoy these podcasts:

Michael Rapaport's "I Am Rapaport": http://podbay.fm/show/923017367

The Ben Kissel Show: http://allthingscomedy.com/channels/59/ ... issel-show

#DateFails: https://soundcloud.com/datefails (EHosts Kate Quigley & Stephen Kramer Glickman talk about bad dates, hilarious sexual experiences, & give relationship advice with a variety of guests including celebrities, reality stars, & comedians.)

Call Chelsea Peretti: http://www.feralaudio.com/show/call-chelsea-peretti/

Prosit!

heynow321

zinc wrote:Once in a while it's fun to check out Bonaduce's podcast of his Seattle morning show. No, really.

As someone who lives in Seattle, it pains me to say that sometimes the show is kind of funny. At this point, I'll get more chuckles out of it then from Ace........sad day.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

I like the Handel on the Law podcast, it's pretty funny.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with