Login   Register
 Login    Register
Adam continues to self-destruct
Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

AndySmith wrote:Adam's problem is extrapolates a small truth into a way of life. There is some merit to the idea that we don't need soap and shampoo every single day and that too much washing has harmful effects. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't use soap or shampoo at all. Same with overuse of antibiotics. That is a real problem in the development of drug resistant strains of bacteria. That doesn't mean you should never take them.

This.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

AlienC
Don't forget the Wellbutrin®

I remember a scene from "Midnight Express" where there is a shot of a wall they all sit against and it it black with accumulated skin gunk.

ZombyWoof
Whoa, let's stop with the armchair psychoanalysis

Dick Van Dyke is on a recent Gilbert Gottfried podcast. This exchange caught my attention:

GG: You were an alcoholic for like 25 years.

Van Dyke: Oh yeah. But I drank at home so nobody knew it.

GG: But you never drank when you were working.

Van Dyke: No, never. No, in the evening. It started because I was shy, you know. And I found that if I had a drink or two, I relaxed and became sociable. But it got out of hand without my really realizing it.

GG: So how did it affect your life and career? Did it have any...?

Van Dyke: Actually, no I don't think it really did... as far as my life is concerned... What happens with an alcoholic... you go from being a happy drunk to kind of a depressed argumentative... everything was an argument to me. And I realized I was going through a personality change, caused by the alcohol. And that's what really scared me, and got me off it.

GG: So that whole happy feeling went away. The fun.

Van Dyke: Yeah. And it begins to depress you. And you need more and more to feel ... to get the feeling you want. That click or whatever they call it.
Last edited by ZombyWoof on March 5th, 2016, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of Genuine Get Out of Jerk Free Card

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Click/buzz, you know, whatever they call it.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

broiler_x
I'm a scientist.

I'm a bit behind in the show, so sorry if this has been discussed, but on the latest CarCast Adam revealed that Catch a Contractor was cancelled. He said it wasn't due to ratings, but that the show was too hard to produce or something. They also wanted to go to other locations out of state and Adam said that he couldn't do that because of all of his podcasts, etc. But he also claimed that Spike has asked him to do a different show, but he couldn't get into details yet.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Hadn't heard that about TCAC (didn't listen to Friday or Monday ACS yet), although I do believe he hinted before that he has some sort of development deal with Spike.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:Hadn't heard that about TCAC (didn't listen to Friday or Monday ACS yet), although I do believe he hinted before that he has some sort of development deal with Spike.

He did say that. (Development deal)
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Harmony_Keane

ZombyWoof wrote:Dick Van Dyke is on a recent Gilbert Gottfried podcast. This exchange caught my attention:

GG: You were an alcoholic for like 25 years.

Van Dyke: Oh yeah. But I drank at home so nobody knew it.

GG: But you never drank when you were working.

Van Dyke: No, never. No, in the evening. It started because I was shy, you know. And I found that if I had a drink or two, I relaxed and became sociable. But it got out of hand without my really realizing it.

GG: So how did it affect your life and career? Did it have any...?

Van Dyke: Actually, no I don't think it really did... as far as my life is concerned... What happens with an alcoholic... you go from being a happy drunk to kind of a depressed argumentative... everything was an argument to me. And I realized I was going through a personality change, caused by the alcohol. And that's what really scared me, and got me off it.

GG: So that whole happy feeling went away. The fun.

Van Dyke: Yeah. And it begins to depress you. And you need more and more to feel ... to get the feeling you want. That click or whatever they call it.

Wow. Sounds a lot like my dad. Started out a light drinker, helped him relax at home after work., he had a very high-strung personality. Never affected his job. Just kept drinking more and more as time went on. As I got older, teen years, his rambling repetitious stories really got on my nerves. The insistence in his voice and urgency to be heard (even though we'd heard the same story a million times before) is the same kind of way Adam sounds to me. Yet even my mom couldn't pinpoint whether he was an actual "alcoholic" or not, since he was never mean, violent, falling-down drunk, nor would drink much if we were out anywhere.

_me
Revisionist

I have been listening to 2006 ACS repeats. Rep Richard Martin has been making a few appearances. His Republican parody sounds way too much like current day Adam.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Cherry Pie

Spike TV is developing a series based on the Pendergast novels. Anyone ever read those? I hope they don't fuck it up.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

Watersmack

Cherry Pie wrote:Spike TV is developing a series based on the Pendergast novels. Anyone ever read those? I hope they don't fuck it up.

Teddy was a writer too?

Cherry Pie

LOL! I wish.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

His stories have crook-endings.

DonnyCal

Don't get it.
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

DonnyCal wrote:Don't get it.

Yeah. Not finding the Carolla connection.