Login   Register
 Login    Register
Adam continues to self-destruct
PlaysByEar
Paul Shaffer Swagger Jacker

I should put on more weight, just to be safe.

Cosmo
Unfuckable Fly (aka Tex)

So many factors. One St. Paddys day we went out and I planned to be the driver. I had 3 red bull and vodkas over the course of the evening. Probably had some food in the belly. I was not feeling buzzed at all when we left. I ended up making a wide turn (had never been to that area before) and immediately got pulled over by the cop waiting for people to exit the bars. I was fine but worried I'd be over the limit. Did field sobriety test fine. In heels mind you. He asked if I'd take a breathalyzer. I was scared to refuse so I said yes. Never been so nervous. But I was acting extremely calm and cool. I was surprised by myself. Turns out my BAC was .05. Have a good night ma'am.

kombat

AndySmith wrote:Were you using a real breathalyzer?

Yep. It's a BACTrack S75. Bought it off Amazon.
Last edited by kombat on November 25th, 2015, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

I think it heavily depends on what you are used to. Some people feel nothing being 0.05, others feel bombed with 0.02. But your reactions are impaired no matter how you feel.

Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

AndySmith wrote:Image

This chart is helpful. I'd say when you start feel buzzed you are probably around the limit.

I want to see that "Incredible Ad"
cantjudge wrote:What kinda benis do you got?

AlienC
Don't forget the Wellbutrin®

Although the Sack can set us right on any misstatements, as I understand it, the reading of .08% is a PRESUMPTIVE POSITIVE for impairment. Boom mic drop, you're guilty. A reading in those yellow areas can still get you a guilty verdict if there's extenuating circumstances that support a finding of impairment (driving over the speed limit, weaving, failing roadside test) even though you don't exceed the .08% level.

backsack
I like urban kids

That's right, AC. But getting a conviction is a helluva lot tougher with straight under the influence than it is with a .08 or higher. So if you blow under that you're probably not getting arrested. Unless there is an accident with injuries or you're such a lightweight that you're puking on the cop's shoes.
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cherry Pie wrote:You're stupid, Todd.

spatchcock
Jerk off party? Lets do this.

My hot take is that if you're driving ever, your BAC should be 0.
2nd Best Oral Receiver wrote:
Knuckles Goldberg wrote:You guys can judge all you want, but I doubt I'm the only one here who's had 5 hot dogs

You had a burger first

Todd Brisket
human interaction simulation

"Nap it off." -Spatchcock

kombat

spatchcock wrote:My hot take is that if you're driving ever, your BAC should be 0.

Similar logic would also prescribe removing all radios and navigation systems from vehicles, as well as banning eating while driving, and driving while under the influence of any drugs (took an Advil? Sleep it off), or while tired, upset, or otherwise distracted (i.e, with fussy kids in the car). When behind the wheel, you should be 100% completely sober, not on any medication, wide awake, calm, and entirely focused on nothing else at all but the task at hand (i.e., driving). Also, remove all roadside billboard signs (they're a distraction).

Or maybe we take a little bit more practical approach to things.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

kombat wrote:
spatchcock wrote:My hot take is that if you're driving ever, your BAC should be 0.

Similar logic would also prescribe removing all radios and navigation systems from vehicles, as well as banning eating while driving, and driving while under the influence of any drugs (took an Advil? Sleep it off), or while tired, upset, or otherwise distracted (i.e, with fussy kids in the car). When behind the wheel, you should be 100% completely sober, not on any medication, wide awake, calm, and entirely focused on nothing else at all but the task at hand (i.e., driving). Also, remove all roadside billboard signs (they're a distraction).

Or maybe we take a little bit more practical approach to things.

Allow me to add the giant errant mosquito in the car. Don't spaz out like I really really want to do.
Born Again Delta Fu

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

I would much rather drive after a couple beers than drive with a screeching, tantruming, thrashing, kicking-your-seat toddler in the car. I've never had to try so hard to stay focused, especially in spots where it was impossible to pull over.

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

kombat wrote:Or maybe we take a little bit more practical approach to things.

Yes. Ban all cars!

S.C.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

scottcolbath wrote:

Yes. Ban all cars!

S.C.

Born Again Delta Fu

scottcolbath
Board Photog & Digitus Me'dius Enthusiast

johnsok0 wrote:
scottcolbath wrote:

Yes. Ban all cars!

S.C.

There you go. They ain't no fools.

S.C.