Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-01-21 ACS: Russell Simmons
Neil T
Dead chuffed

http://adamcarolla.com/russell-simmons/

Russell Simmons is in studio to discuss the current state of hip-hop, how we're changing society by incarcerating too many people, and his thoughts on transcendental meditation.

Anti-CarollaEarProtectionEngagedDiddlySummary:

kombat

It's always frustrating when Adam refrains from calling nutjobs out on their nutjob beliefs. Milk is poison, eating beef is like smoking 20 packs a day, eating chicken will give you bird flu, etc. Tell me again how much booze and cocaine this supposed health-nut genius ingested? Do as I say, not as I do...

SyntheticWaffle

Only chavs wear adidas track suits http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav
You cannot imagine how wrong you are

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Russell Simmons is a monk and a yogi :roll:

I agree that it's a little frustrating that Adam just plays along, but I understand his position. This constitutes a big booking for him, and if he's any more offensive than he already is, he's not going be able to get anyone. There is a black/menthols joke in the first couple minutes and I thought for a second that would be the end.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

chick-a-pea

so very deep.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

New excuse for chain smokers : "I've cut down on barbecue beef as a source of protein".

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Found second half or so of the show enjoyable, once talking about their daughters. Almost comes off the rails again, Russell is not a fan of any joking around the n word.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

Stupid or Liar

So fun listening to Adam hold his tongue today. 50 million people CANT get bank accounts? Milk is poison? Well, it is white, maybe his Mom was right all along.

Lando

I wish there was a camera on Adam's face while Simmons talked about vegan stuff.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

anyone else not able to get these 2 most recent shows on the app??

i can understand adam not wanting to just attack this dude, but is he even questioning him just a little bit??

cantjudge
69 feels like 69, amirite?

pod98 wrote:i can understand adam not wanting to just attack this dude, but is he even questioning him just a little bit??

Not really. He just tries to find common ground with him. Which is why he ends up talking about parenting for 15 minutes even though Simmons makes it clear he has almost no input in parenting his children.

Provigilant

The best part was the caller who asks Adam for ADVICE on what to do about her husband who drinks a six-pack of beer and smokes half a joint EVERY NIGHT.

Der Lobo
Yall loosers

"Russell speaks openly about his experiences using drugs, the current state of hip-hop music, and how Russell interacts with his kids and ex-wife. "

All topics of great interest to Adam. :)

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

Russell Simmons (said himself) he is not his kids "Dad" but rather their "friend" and they are smart as a whip and well behaved because of the asian mom, he just wants to buy them expensive stuff. And I'm supposed to listen to what this guy says about anything? As long as his little hobbies keep him out of trouble, whatever, but I sure ain't buying what he's selling, and it actually sounds like his kids are wise to this as well.
Born Again Delta Fu

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

johnsok0 wrote:Russell Simmons (said himself) he is not his kids "Dad" but rather their "friend" and they are smart as a whip and well behaved because of the asian mom, he just wants to buy them expensive stuff. And I'm supposed to listen to what this guy says about anything? As long as his little hobbies keep him out of trouble, whatever, but I sure ain't buying what he's selling, and it actually sounds like his kids are wise to this as well.

I agree. He keeps talking about buying an expensive scarf for one kid. Ok?

Also he just babbles semi-coherently at times and I cannot keep up. Adam asked a basic question about his parents being alive to see his success and he answered some other question completely. I am surprised this guy built a fortune.