Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-01-29 ACS: Rep. Richard Martin
Rossaroni

imchipdouglas wrote:Not a fan of Rep. Martin for the same reason people don't like Carolla's comedy show turning into Republican rant hour. Gilmartin's character is an angry skewering of a Republican caricature. "Martin" feels less like an attempt at humor and more like an airing of political grievances. I suspect people who enjoy it vs. don't makes for a pretty neat dividing line on your ideological views - increasingly like Adam's fans.

Also, there are many things one could point to in order to begin ameliorating racial tensions, but Adam does seem to have missed the point that the LAPD making target practice of a pickup truck they thought contained a dangerous black guy does not help his POV that cops are simply colorblind assholes.

Yeap, seeing Rep. Martin on the show headline has become groan-inducing for me too. I give him about 5 minutes before inevitably skipping now. Must be a lot of SJW's on here if this guest appearance is actually getting positive remarks... I tend to be in lock-step with Adam on pretty much everything except that I'm one of those people who likes animals/the environment more than people, and while Adam seems to have definitely come around on guns, I'm a bona fide gun nut. Oh, and I'm totally into fantasy and sci-fi, have possibly still spent more of my life playing video games than working (can't stand all the DC/Marvel superhero crap, though), and have zero interest in following sports. Huh, kinda sounds like prime government watch list material...

Lando

I finally listened and was not a fan. I had never heard this guy before and it just seemed really ham-fisted.

broiler_x
I'm a scientist.

tylerdurden801 wrote:
Oh, and Adam is using 30 year old hammocks or something. I have a nylon hammock that stuffs into itself to the size of a mini-nerf football and if you sit perpendicular to the direction of the hammock, you're sitting upright and very much able to imbibe. Really, if you just lift your goddamn head up you can do it lying down too, it's my preferred method to sip on a glass of wine on a sunny day, but that's a tough sell for the Ace-man.

I usually hate this guest, but found him pretty good on this episode. Either he's gotten better or my expectations are lower...?

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

broiler_x wrote:
tylerdurden801 wrote:
Oh, and Adam is using 30 year old hammocks or something. I have a nylon hammock that stuffs into itself to the size of a mini-nerf football and if you sit perpendicular to the direction of the hammock, you're sitting upright and very much able to imbibe. Really, if you just lift your goddamn head up you can do it lying down too, it's my preferred method to sip on a glass of wine on a sunny day, but that's a tough sell for the Ace-man.

I usually hate this guest, but found him pretty good on this episode. Either he's gotten better or my expectations are lower...?

column A, column B...
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

tylerdurden801

Finally made it to the hot calf talk. Ace is treading dangerously close to "motion in the ocean" territory here. This is getting pathetic.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

His rationalization train is roaring down the track.

My skinny calves are a godsend (they actually make you stronger!) because I have them.
I'm good looking because I don't know it <yet somehow I know that I don't know it>.
Non-bathing is better because I do it.
Pies are superior to cakes because I like them better.
My fav: All music which I like is better than your music.
His crazy good balance is a hot commodity which has taken him far.
He has a crystal brain you know.
Born Again Delta Fu

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Wull he has no self esteem tho

Provigilant

johnsok0 wrote:His rationalization train is roaring down the track.

My skinny calves are a godsend (they actually make you stronger!) because I have them.
I'm good looking because I don't know it <yet somehow I know that I don't know it>.
Non-bathing is better because I do it.
Pies are superior to cakes because I like them better.
My fav: All music which I like is better than your music.
His crazy good balance is a hot commodity which has taken him far.
He has a crystal brain you know.

You should start a separate thread dedicated to these "Rationarollazations". The controversy surrounding them is what makes the show interesting.