Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-01-29 ACS: Rep. Richard Martin
brcheese

Not a fan of "characters" on the show but the congressman was great - very funny. It was also odd to hear Adam play the reasonable moderate interviewer. This was not odd at all back in the radio days but definitely out of character now. And, as someone already pointed out, when he dropped the pretense during the news and went back to being regular Adam, it was perilously close to the parody of a Republican congressman.

Blue Skies

The news was awesome. Every time Adam's angry rants were starting to get him just a little too close to the parody Republican, he would jump in and distract Adam with another extreme bit to riff with him.

agentO777

Mcnugget wrote:Adam: "Jon jones didn't wrestle in high school didn't wrestle in college "

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/50794 ... nal-189lbs

I was thinking this too as he was saying that. He was one of the best wrestlers in the country actually. Not that it has anything to do with retarded calf argument.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Enjoyed this episode too.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

tylerdurden801

An embarrassment of riches today. The removal of "now" from a phrase that has never crossed anyone's mind is a hell of a resolution (and took nearly a full month to come up with), and Adam's yummy-phase palette strikes again. No one should want hot sauce because the X-Games have ruined us!

Oh, and Adam is using 30 year old hammocks or something. I have a nylon hammock that stuffs into itself to the size of a mini-nerf football and if you sit perpendicular to the direction of the hammock, you're sitting upright and very much able to imbibe. Really, if you just lift your goddamn head up you can do it lying down too, it's my preferred method to sip on a glass of wine on a sunny day, but that's a tough sell for the Ace-man.

I'll DL a 'sode now and again just to check in, and it seems to be getting worse, not better. Well, at least he didn't go out on top, that would've been sad.

Provigilant

bgn wrote:Image

Someone tweet this to Adam.

Pinocchio calves.

Al Jarry
that's enough to humor me for now

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Provigilant wrote:Adam is gradually turning into the character that Paul Gilmartin parodies. By the time they get to the news, Adam's racist rants start to blend with Gilmartin's satire.

Was my first thought (without listening). Gated community and "the blacks" talk is regular ACS content now, non-parody.

I don't listen to the show, but I gotta ask, does he actually use the phrase "the blacks"? It confuses me when people categorize people as a "the ..." group.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Sometimes
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Tijuanapussypatrol

Al Jarry wrote:
HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Provigilant wrote:Adam is gradually turning into the character that Paul Gilmartin parodies. By the time they get to the news, Adam's racist rants start to blend with Gilmartin's satire.

Was my first thought (without listening). Gated community and "the blacks" talk is regular ACS content now, non-parody.

I don't listen to the show, but I gotta ask, does he actually use the phrase "the blacks"? It confuses me when people categorize people as a "the ..." group.

It's cool bc he knows Willie T. Ribbs. He's taking a lot of words back.

Provigilant

When Gina told Rep. Richard Martin that some women do not like to be referred to as "gals" because it sounds condescending, I could tell Adam was surprised because he uses this term frequently.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

bgn wrote:Image

Someone tweet this to Adam.

My dad was a catcher in high school and college. He has great calves and I do too.

Fascinating, I know...
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

appleshampoo
pushyn00b

I actually liked Representative Martin. He really took the character to some extremes on this episode. Although it's better when his wife is there too.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

imchipdouglas

Not a fan of Rep. Martin for the same reason people don't like Carolla's comedy show turning into Republican rant hour. Gilmartin's character is an angry skewering of a Republican caricature. "Martin" feels less like an attempt at humor and more like an airing of political grievances. I suspect people who enjoy it vs. don't makes for a pretty neat dividing line on your ideological views - increasingly like Adam's fans.

Also, there are many things one could point to in order to begin ameliorating racial tensions, but Adam does seem to have missed the point that the LAPD making target practice of a pickup truck they thought contained a dangerous black guy does not help his POV that cops are simply colorblind assholes.
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

Tijuanapussypatrol

imchipdouglas wrote:Not a fan of Rep. Martin for the same reason people don't like Carolla's comedy show turning into Republican rant hour. Gilmartin's character is an angry skewering of a Republican caricature. "Martin" feels less like an attempt at humor and more like an airing of political grievances. I suspect people who enjoy it vs. don't makes for a pretty neat dividing line on your ideological views - increasingly like Adam's fans.

Also, there are many things one could point to in order to begin ameliorating racial tensions, but Adam does seem to have missed the point that the LAPD making target practice of a pickup truck they thought contained a dangerous black guy does not help his POV that cops are simply colorblind assholes.

I'd have to agree. I don't listen to a "comedy" podcast for political bullshit. Adam is becoming more Adam by the day.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

imchipdouglas wrote:Not a fan of Rep. Martin for the same reason people don't like Carolla's comedy show turning into Republican rant hour. Gilmartin's character is an angry skewering of a Republican caricature. "Martin" feels less like an attempt at humor and more like an airing of political grievances. I suspect people who enjoy it vs. don't makes for a pretty neat dividing line on your ideological views - increasingly like Adam's fans.

Because they thought they were shooting a black man. Lol. You are right.