Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-02 ACS: Michael McKean and Dr. Bruce
Neil T
Dead chuffed

AfterPod Feb 03, 2016: Plectrums and Sexposition (Adam Carolla Show: Michael McKean)

http://afterpod.net/plectrums-and-sexposition

To open the show, Dr. Bruce is virtually thrown out of AfterPod!

During a Spinal Tap/McKean lovefest, Paul is confused by plectrums and Neil is impressed with McKean on The X-Files.

Paul does a policy u-turn on e-cigs and everyone tokes on candy cigarettes. Neil explains horror packs and hiding fags in plain sight.

There’s amusement at McKean’s “anti-improv” and the tweeting aftermath.

Paul gets picky with banjos and there’s The Great Binge/”Must-Watch” debate
starring The Wire, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and Game of Thrones. The show closes with some sexposition and a POST-CREDITS-SEQUENCE…MARVEL-STYLE!

Help support AfterPod by clicking through and bookmarking http://afterpod.net/amazon

Music: bensound.com

bbb

I had no idea who Michael McKean was, although I knew his work when they said it, but he was one of the best podcast guests you could ever have. He was funny, has a great life story and was the best I think they ever had at "cracking wise" at the news.

bbb

lovelinefan wrote:Does Adam still steamroll Dr. Bruce?

He held off this podcast, for some reason. I was cringing, waiting for it it to happen, but Bruce even was shocked that he made it to the end of his segment.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Adam is just lulling Bruce into a false sense of security - he's going to doubly steamroll him next time.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

kombat

Gawd, I'm getting so sick and tired of Adam's lazy, unimaginative interview format.

"So, what made you decide to get into ___insert_guest's_profession____?"

Who gives a sh*t? If I wanted the person's biography, I'd read their Wikipedia page. Ask them something interesting about their CURRENT or FUTURE projects, or for a funny/embarrassing story from the set, or a road trip, ask them about a controversial story that came out about them, ask them ANYTHING other than the same, boring, boilerplate questions Adam always leads with.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I'm just happy when Adam asks them to talk about their life. Usually he just wants to ask them about taxes and grit.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

broiler_x
I'm a scientist.

bbb wrote:I had no idea who Michael McKean was, although I knew his work when they said it, but he was one of the best podcast guests you could ever have. He was funny, has a great life story and was the best I think they ever had at "cracking wise" at the news.

Totally agree.

Until Better Call Saul I had no idea who this guy was. But when that show came on I looked it up and was like, "Lenny from Lenny and Squiggy fame?". Then I saw that he had a very long and successful career after that. I just never heard his name, and he no longer looks much like Lenny.

But yeah, excellent at "cracking wise".

HuellHauser
alright, calm down internet

Are you guys 8 years old?
beeney wrote:my vagina and asshole felt like it exploded open.

Huell's Haberdashery Hangout Hour: The Podcast

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I remember him as the tough immigration guy with baby-faced David Spade as his partner in Coneheads.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

Neil T
Dead chuffed

phpBB [video]

bbb

broiler_x wrote:
bbb wrote:I had no idea who Michael McKean was, although I knew his work when they said it, but he was one of the best podcast guests you could ever have. He was funny, has a great life story and was the best I think they ever had at "cracking wise" at the news.

Totally agree.

Until Better Call Saul I had no idea who this guy was. But when that show came on I looked it up and was like, "Lenny from Lenny and Squiggy fame?". Then I saw that he had a very long and successful career after that. I just never heard his name, and he no longer looks much like Lenny.

But yeah, excellent at "cracking wise".

I couldn't stand L & S, and figured the Lenny and Squiggy guys had very short careers. But, to do that, then the great Spinal Tap to Saul, and everything in between. That's a great long career! And, I can see why.

cantjudge
69 feels like 69, amirite?

"Do you feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"

bbb

HuellHauser wrote:Are you guys 8 years old?

Why?

Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

bbb wrote:
HuellHauser wrote:Are you guys 8 years old?

Why?

He's looking for new victims friends.
HuellHauser wrote:I don't get the beaver