Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-09 ACS: Mark Duplass, Mike Luciano, Phil Matarese and Jo Koy
Tijuanapussypatrol

Pascal's Pager wrote:
Tijuanapussypatrol wrote:
Stupid or Liar wrote:
Well it was released in Nov of 2014, was #1 for seven straight weeks, won a Grammy and is the 4th most streamed YouTube video of all time. But yeah, just a flash in the pan no one will remember in a month.

Interesting. I'm old and since I broke up with my 20 something gf I am probably out of touch. Maybe if I was high I would appreciate it more since it's apparently funkcentric. I'm not like Adam in that I think stuff that I like is the only good music. I just found BB's and Gina's effusive praise for it like it was a modern Stairway to Heaven to be a bit over the top.

Referencing "Stairway to Heaven" as a benchmark more or less explains everything.

Lol. I'm not that old. I don't think I was born before Bonham died. I just don't think the Bruno Mars song is going to played 20 plus years from now as a classic.

On the one hand I enjoyed hearing Adam get called on his shit when it comes to music yet I don't think this particular song is groundbreaking.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

that song definitely isn't my taste, but i don't hate it. i lost count of how many times adam said "it doesn't start".

definitely enjoyed him getting called out though -- he sure was scrambling! :D :D

AndySmith
Im not special.

When talking about a song "I don't like it" and "it sucks" are not always the same. I don't particularly enjoy a lot of classical music but that doesn't mean it sucks. I'm not going to defend Uptown Funk as a masterpiece but it's not terrible, it's just not Adam's thing.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

i think that's the thing about adam that drives me nuts -- it's not just his OPINION, it's FACT -- at least in his no-bathin' head.

Dave's Swishy Arm
A sartorial splendor

It's a great song. Lotta fun.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

AfterPod Feb 10, 2016: Uber For Kids and Urban Foxes
(Adam Carolla Show: Mark Duplass et al)

http://afterpod.net/uber-for-kids-and-urban-foxes

To open the show, there’s admiration for Jo Koy and the rest of the room denying Adam’s “Yes And” decree.
Neil and Paul debate the merits of Uptown Funk including a comparison with Morris Day and The Time. Neil is disgusted with PuppyMonkeyBaby and stupid ad agencies, but really liked that old Ridley Scott Hovis ad (though he was completely wrong about the message…)

Paul details his swanky Superb Owl party while Neil suggests Adam try out Uber For Kids. Paul has seen Animals and Neil is reminded of Mongrels and that Urban Fox.

To wrap the show, Paul is disillusioned with improv and Neil has a non-story about cruise ships.

Help support AfterPod by clicking through and bookmarking http://afterpod.net/amazon

Music: bensound.com

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

cbikle1

PeterNorth wrote:I loved hearing everyone piling on Adam about the Bruno Mars song. He was actually taken aback that he got some resistance on his idiotic music opinions. And his final defense was "Well, Lynette doesn't like that song either".

Adam just has to admit that he's an old man that refuses to move away from his 1978-1982 musical universe.

I think there's some of that (although I think he hates a lot of songs from his era - maybe even more than he likes) , but Uptown Funk is pretty played out; I feel like I've heard it used in 5 different commercials.

Provigilant

Loved Mark Duplass in the movie "Creep". I need to watch that on Netflix again.

phpBB [video]