Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-10 ACS: Jay Mohr and David Wild
Neil T
Dead chuffed

http://adamcarolla.com/jay-mohr-and-david-wild-4/

Jay Mohr joins for a round of Mr. Brightside, and also to talk about Stallone's Oscar nomination and Woody Harrelson's weed enthusiasm. Plus, David Wild calls in to tease the upcoming Grammys.

JayMohrsGotOldDiddlySummary:

Harry Seaward

Jay Mohr looks like he got hit by Meth.
Made up podcast: Adam liked the name PO'Dcast and tossed a show together.

Lando

I'm on the fence about downloading this one. Mohr can be very funny when Adam doesn't have him rehashing old characters.

Tijuanapussypatrol

Lando wrote:I'm on the fence about downloading this one. Mohr can be very funny when Adam doesn't have him rehashing old characters.

It's sadly pretty lackluster IMO. Mohr doesn't show up for awhile and most of his time is devoted to Mr. Brightside which Adam uses to go off on his manifesto.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

I know it's not new, but I love the WTF HBO's Real Sex topic. That show foiled me more than once.

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Jesus Christ, Jay looks old and tired.
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

Show not bad today, though I did my first cringe at the words "Philly cheese steak" (the new dog Phil). He's using 4 syllables where 1 would do. Will accept "the dog" or "Phil" but Philly cheese steak is too cutesie for Adam.
Born Again Delta Fu

imchipdouglas

If you were to read show transcripts of David Wild's appearances (and why wouldn't you?), there would be no difference between an actual appearance, and simply drawing a name of a celebrity out of a hat for anyone to say, "So and so is really talented, I ran into them at the Grammys, you wouldn't believe how nice/cool they are."
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

caoimhin

Jay seems to have mastered the art of keeping what is left of his receding hairline.

kombat

My skip button got a heckuva workout on this one. The first 30 minutes might as well be dead air. Unless you're into hot Grammy talk from David Wild.

I don't get this fascination with knowing the history and habits of music artists. I like their MUSIC, not their life's story. I don't give a crap how Michael Bay got the idea for "The Rock," I just want to watch "The Rock!"

laughingtimeisover

Anyone else notice Gina seemed really pissed at Jay by the end of her news? I think because he gave her crap for not having the name of the Krispy Kreme heart attack guy. I thought Jay was good though and I was so relieved he didn't do Big Momma G.

And if I never hear "Philly Cheese Steak" or "jumping my rope" again it'll be too soon. Makes me ill.

msmont

Jay seemed really manic today. He was almost Harland Williams level of all over the place

bbb

kombat wrote:My skip button got a heckuva workout on this one. The first 30 minutes might as well be dead air. Unless you're into hot Grammy talk from David Wild.

I don't get this fascination with knowing the history and habits of music artists. I like their MUSIC, not their life's story. I don't give a crap how Michael Bay got the idea for "The Rock," I just want to watch "The Rock!"

Then go watch The Rock. This is a podcast. History and habit of music artists - yeah, really boring stuff. There's only been a million books written about, Behind the Music was so great - so yeah, nobody is interested.

bbb

I have my DVR set for this series starting Sunday on HBO I wonder why they think anybody would want to watch this?!?:

Vinyl
American drama series
Vinyl is an upcoming American period drama television series created by Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen and Terence Winter. The series stars Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, a record executive in the 1970s

broiler_x
I'm a scientist.

I just hope there is no Colin Quin...