Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-10 ACS: Jay Mohr and David Wild
HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

broiler_x wrote:I just hope there is no Colin Quin...

O there gun be Quinn in your future. MSMont was right, Mohr is all over the place with weird energy, sounds off meds or something. I'm only at Mr. Brightside, which he doesn't seem to get, so maybe it gets better come news time.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

Allballz

Yes , Beyoncé is a huge beast, Jay. You're so fortunate to be plowing Frankenstein's monster.
Later Rosen!

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

caoimhin wrote:Jay seems to have mastered the art of keeping what is left of his receding hairline.

It's been receding since he was 19.

Odd hairline indeed.

Provigilant

Adam seems happy that his head looks smaller than Jay's.

imchipdouglas

This one was as bad as the title suggested, unless you're a fan of either David Wild or Jay Mohr, in which case you should be arrested.

Mohr peaked in the 80s/90s and has not moved on. The guy still does impressions of Colin Quinn, Norm Macdonald, and Christopher Walken - I mean we're talking stuff that went bad two decades ago - and there appear to be people who still enjoy that, and the Big Momma stuff. Just dreck. Before ACS I had Jay at a 7; after hearing him on the show for the 9th time I've got him at a 3. Manic as hell today, too.
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

imchipdouglas

kombat wrote:My skip button got a heckuva workout on this one. The first 30 minutes might as well be dead air. Unless you're into hot Grammy talk from David Wild.

I don't get this fascination with knowing the history and habits of music artists. I like their MUSIC, not their life's story. I don't give a crap how Michael Bay got the idea for "The Rock," I just want to watch "The Rock!"

Agreed. Some people like the music; other people (bbb, evidently) want to BE the artists. Even if you do get starstruck, hearing Danny Devito's husky Jewish doppelganger relate secondhand the same story about every celebrity ("nice guy, super talented, great sense of humor") through a pair of earbuds feels like a letdown of an experience.
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Why did you listen if you hate Jay Mohr and David Wild?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

imchipdouglas wrote:Mohr peaked in the 80s/90s and has not moved on. The guy still does impressions of Colin Quinn, Norm Macdonald, and Christopher Walken - I mean we're talking stuff that went bad two decades ago -

Russell Brand and Eddie Vedder are a bit more current. His Russell Brand is still dead on and hilarious to me.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

I can handle most of the impressions but Big Momma really needs to end.

Watersmack

Y'all got dentists out there on the coast?

bbb

lovelinefan wrote:Why did you listen if you hate Jay Mohr and David Wild?

So he can come on here and complain like the other retards.

There are a million examples of people loving rock docs, etc. but they hate David Wild so it all sucks.

bbb

Allballz wrote:Yes , Beyoncé is a huge beast, Jay. You're so fortunate to be plowing Frankenstein's monster.

She's got thunder thighs, and when they brought up Earl Campbell that was dead on.

kombat

bbb wrote:I have my DVR set for this series starting Sunday on HBO I wonder why they think anybody would want to watch this?!?:

Vinyl
American drama series
Vinyl is an upcoming American period drama television series created by Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen and Terence Winter. The series stars Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, a record executive in the 1970s

Yeah, still don't care, and I think you're in the minority. Sounds boring as sh*t. And obscure second-hand stories that go nowhere, told over the phone by a dullard like Wild does not good pod make.

The good news is, once they finally got that boring name-dropper off the phone and brought in a real talent (Mohr), it actually turned out to be a pretty decent episode. I loved the long, wandering tangents Carolla went on during Mr. Brightside. It always makes me laugh when at the end of a drawn-out, meandering non-sequitur, Bald Bryan jumps in with a, "Does that answer your question, caller?"

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

That was 5 months ago. :shocker:
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

pod98
it's been FAR too long since a passionfruit rant

why is gary not getting adam his black and female graphs?!!! :shocker: