Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-16 ACS: Dominic Monaghan and Dr. Spaz
Hypermotard
User avatar
You done been Hypmotized
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 44,671 | Online
Joined: Nov 7, 2012
Was Backsack the caller who left the voicemail asking Adam what kind of deodorant he uses?

Eta @ 48:50
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

Provigilant
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 279 | Offline
Joined: Apr 2, 2014

I had a good laugh at the ayahuasca motel whose theme is "All Monkey Cage." Joe Rogan would appreciate that one.

The bit yesterday about an airbag that automatically applies fake tits so you can escape manslaughter charges like Caitlin Jenner was also pretty funny.

Hypermotard
User avatar
You done been Hypmotized
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 44,671 | Online
Joined: Nov 7, 2012

Pirate Astronaut wrote:I think Gina just won drop of the year. The best part of the episode was the very end where they played it again and Dawson could barely get through his promo read at the end!

I doubt he was laughing at the drop itself. He can see into the studio and Gina was probably attacking Bryan for using it.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

ReeksofVomit
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 251 | Offline
Joined: Aug 7, 2014

Awesome listening to ACE go on an extended rant not too long ago about how we could reduce/eliminate homeless populations if family members would step up and assist their homeless kin. And on today's show he's cynical about a program to reunite the homeless with family members and how enthusiastic he'd be to provide a couch to a long lost homeless family member.

backsack
User avatar
I like urban kids
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 22,114 | Online
Joined: Nov 2, 2010

Hypermotard wrote:Was Backsack the caller who left the voicemail asking Adam what kind of deodorant he uses?

Eta @ 48:50

Hmmmm
1780's Guy wrote:Per usual, sack is correct.

Cunt Bumper
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 1 | Offline
Joined: Feb 16, 2016

BEWM.

AlienC
User avatar
Don't forget the Wellbutrin®
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 1,425 | Offline
Joined: Feb 24, 2009

ReeksofVomit wrote:Awesome listening to ACE go on an extended rant not too long ago about how we could reduce/eliminate homeless populations if family members would step up and assist their homeless kin. And on today's show he's cynical about a program to reunite the homeless with family members and how enthusiastic he'd be to provide a couch to a long lost homeless family member.
As usual AC pulls one out of his ass and thinks it's brilliant. I suppose it hasn't yet crossed his mind that a fair number of the homeless are EXACTLY homeless because of their "family." These are the same families that have been kicking out their queer kids for decades. A large number of the homeless are the mentally ill that have no other place. What mystical family has the training to deal with a mentally ill person, let alone one that comes with familial "baggage" in a legitimate manner. Sure, we could haul them out into the woods like they did in feudal Japan, but around here, they will just end up hit by a semi trying to cross the freeway. Seriously, if it weren't an act, it would be pathetic example of simplistic, reductionist thought processes that substitute for ideas these days.

Hypermotard
User avatar
You done been Hypmotized
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 44,671 | Online
Joined: Nov 7, 2012

backsack wrote:
Hypermotard wrote:Was Backsack the caller who left the voicemail asking Adam what kind of deodorant he uses?

Eta @ 48:50

Hmmmm

I knew it.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Dont Tell Ray wrote:I also am a normal person

Cherry Pie
User avatar
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.
 
Rank: User
Posts: 8,334 | Offline
Joined: Jun 16, 2014

Bretty good show. I laughed.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

RiverOtis
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 550 | Online
Joined: Oct 12, 2012

Dominic sounds like the Mancunian Dawson.

Neil T
User avatar
Dead chuffed
 
Rank: Moderator
Posts: 48,219 | Offline
Joined: Apr 9, 2008

AfterPod Feb 18, 2016: Janice Soprano in The Butterfly Lounge
(Adam Carolla Show: Dominic Monaghan)


http://afterpod.net/janice-soprano-in-t ... fly-lounge

Opening the show is a discussion of silly guest and dog names and hypothetical duck and horse questions with a side helping of Kitten Kong on The Goodies.

phpBB [video]


Paul and Neil debate the “facts” behind the Unequal Opportunity Race video and Neil schools Paul on the “Up” series and Eton Boys. Paul talks about being born a poor black boy, then has an unfortunate accident! OOPS!
Neil drops a mild L O S T spoiler and Paul is bemused by Brit Celebrities making travel TV shows.
Paul gets himself to The Butterfly Lounge and finds himself a big lady after perusing photos of Ashley Graham


phpBB [video]



Neil outrages Paul with a comparison between Gina and Janice from The Sopranos (NSFW video) and the show closes with a summary of topics not to be covered, including the Deadspin article on Peyton Manning.

NSFW:
phpBB [video]


Help support AfterPod by clicking through and bookmarking http://afterpod.net/amazon

Music: bensound.com

bbb
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 694 | Offline
Joined: Jan 24, 2011

This video is pathetic, but then I saw it was on the WaPo site and there's tons of comments by mostly black people saying it's the truth. Adam is so right about it being a disincentive for black people to even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBb5TgOXgNY

AndySmith
User avatar
Im not special.
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 10,683 | Online
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

bbb wrote:This video is pathetic, but then I saw it was on the WaPo site and there's tons of comments by mostly black people saying it's the truth. Adam is so right about it being a disincentive for black people to even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBb5TgOXgNY


While the imagery is a bit over the top, what hurdles did they show that are not disproportionately hurting black people's chances of sucess?

bbb
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 694 | Offline
Joined: Jan 24, 2011

AndySmith wrote:
bbb wrote:This video is pathetic, but then I saw it was on the WaPo site and there's tons of comments by mostly black people saying it's the truth. Adam is so right about it being a disincentive for black people to even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBb5TgOXgNY


While the imagery is a bit over the top, what hurdles did they show that are not disproportionately hurting black people's chances of sucess?


Let's start at the beginning - were black people still in the starting blocks until 1964? It was fucking retarded. As Adam said (exactly when I was thinking) - to what end? Who benefits from such crap. Telling black people not to even bother.

BTW, it was ALL imagery - so yeah, other than that being over the top, it was great.

AndySmith
User avatar
Im not special.
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 10,683 | Online
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

bbb wrote:
AndySmith wrote:
bbb wrote:This video is pathetic, but then I saw it was on the WaPo site and there's tons of comments by mostly black people saying it's the truth. Adam is so right about it being a disincentive for black people to even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBb5TgOXgNY


While the imagery is a bit over the top, what hurdles did they show that are not disproportionately hurting black people's chances of sucess?


Let's start at the beginning - were black people still in the starting blocks until 1964? It was fucking retarded. As Adam said (exactly when I was thinking) - to what end? Who benefits from such crap. Telling black people not to even bother.

BTW, it was ALL imagery - so yeah, other than that being over the top, it was great.


So none of those issue disproportionately affect African Americans? They are all just made up? It's shocking the ignorance of what goes on in society that you seem to display.

I'll agree, 1964 seems like a sort of arbitrary point to have them "start." But it supposed to represent the approximate end to de jure segregation, when legally speaking they would be getting a fair shake. They weren't, but you have to start somewhere and the main point is that for a long time, whites had been able to get ahead as blacks were being held back by law. It goes on from there, displaying numerous issues that stand in the way of success for minorities as well as privileges that white people have in much more abundance than most black people. Some are more substantial than others, and certainly white people are not totally immune from many of the issues, but again, proportionally speaking you are much more likely to be affected if you are a minority.

The point is that even without overt legalized discrimination there are many issues within society that make the playing field uneven. If you can't see that, then there's really no helping you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Smartmouth and 43 guests