Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-16 ACS: Dominic Monaghan and Dr. Spaz
HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

1964 was the Civil Rights Act, when we made discriminating illegal, cause we'd been doing so much of it. The video is for sure way over the top, especially at the end, but the initial point about the head start on generational wealth via inheritance is a real thing.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

AndySmith wrote:So none of those issue disproportionately affect African Americans? They are all just made up? It's shocking the ignorance of what goes on in society that you seem to display.

You may find this episode of Reply All interesting: https://gimletmedia.com/episode/52-raising-the-bar/

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:1964 was the Civil Rights Act, when we made discriminating illegal, cause we'd been doing so much of it. The video is for sure way over the top, especially at the end, but the initial point about the head start on generational wealth via inheritance is a real thing.

There will always be people born with more advantages than others, so it is more a matter of what you do to overcome those, no matter how small or great those are. I am less and less tolerant of using this one as some excuse for lack of advancement as we move onto the 3rd or 4th generation away from the Civil Rights Act, but then again I am privileged so my opinion is invalid.