Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-18 ACS: Alonzo Bodden, Live from the Irvine Improv
Allgold

And Happy B-Day Yoko, you don't look a day over 83.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Allgold wrote:
chick-a-pea wrote:So very drunk.

Really? Didn't seem like drunk at all.

Didn't get the drunk vibe either.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

SharonNeedles wrote:I want Star Wars to go away forever.

chick-a-pea

Sorry, Adam. I got you all wrong. The nonstop yelling threw me.

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I'm totally with Olga. While I don't believe in hitting children, she did what was natural. If someone physically hurts you, it's a natural reaction to smack them back. Who cares if she's nine? Headbutting and spitting? Fuck that! I can't imagine doing that to a nanny/parent/teacher. That little brat needs to be set straight.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

I can only imagine the stories that woman has.

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

chick-a-pea wrote:Sorry, Adam. I got you all wrong. The nonstop yelling threw me.

He wasn't like blitzed, but he'd had enough to get in to that live show zone where he yell talks everything. Just listen to his normal voice from a studio show, then this.

Mcnugget wrote:
HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:9 year olds should ask for a soda.

If the question is yes every time then why do all the extra laps?

Reeks of dr bruces kids being too shy to say what kind of pizza they preferred

That's on the parent's then. Entirely proper for a 9 year old to ask. Not a character flaw as originally implied.
_me wrote:a guy sucking YOUR dick doesn't mean you're gay

Mcnugget
Yarrrrr

You're missing the point. I think it was a vending machine in Adams story anyway so it's not about health or whatever. It's about sonny being so about pleasing his dad he's acting strangely. Adams in his head in a bad way.

HowWouldIKnowThat

I think you're over analyzing a kid being polite. It's ok, we can disagree.

Mcnugget
Yarrrrr

Yea I'm not sure why you had to drive-bydissect my throwaway carrolla dig but yea

Chevy1979

I was at this show, he wasn't drunk at all. I even talked to him for a couple minutes after the show, he was fine. No yelling either. It was a good show. Now, I saw the show in Detroit back in the fall, and he was drunk for that one.

Stockholmsyndrome
All roads eventually lead to Hitler

Mcnugget wrote:Yea I'm not sure why you had to drive-bydissect my throwaway carrolla dig but yea

Kinda what we do here.
HuellHauser wrote:I don't get the beaver

HowWouldIKnowThat

Chevy1979 wrote:I was at this show, he wasn't drunk at all. I even talked to him for a couple minutes after the show, he was fine. No yelling either. It was a good show. Now, I saw the show in Detroit back in the fall, and he was drunk for that one.

That's interesting. Would you listen to this podcast and compare it to a studio version and see if you think his voice sounds the same? And did Alonzo seem as uncomfortable in person as he sounds on pod?

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

The studio is a calm place. At a club you want to make sure you are heard over all the noise so you talk louder/yell. It's natural.
The new strategy is to lead a person to racists waters and hope they drink so they fight the monkey-tard wars and don't notice Wallstreet, the healthcare company and big corps that are robbing the middle class - Poochie's Uncle

HowWouldIKnowThat

Microphone. I get what you're saying, but having to yell over the crowd really takes the subtlety out of his racism. YOU'RE ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Chevy1979

HowWouldIKnowThat wrote:
Chevy1979 wrote:I was at this show, he wasn't drunk at all. I even talked to him for a couple minutes after the show, he was fine. No yelling either. It was a good show. Now, I saw the show in Detroit back in the fall, and he was drunk for that one.

That's interesting. Would you listen to this podcast and compare it to a studio version and see if you think his voice sounds the same? And did Alonzo seem as uncomfortable in person as he sounds on pod?

Alonzo was cool, didn't seem uncomfortable at all. He's done this enough times with Adam he knows what to expect. I listened to the podcast the next day, sounded the same. It was kind of weird you couldn't hear the crowd on the podcast. A lot of stuff that got big laughs, didn't come through. The sound at the club was kind bad. I think the yelling everyone complains about is just they turn up Adams mic so he can hear himself because if hard to hear up on stage.