Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-02-19 ACS: William Shatner
imchipdouglas

vulcanized rubber wrote:It seems to me like the SNL staff purposely waited until the night of the show to reduce Kanye's stage. It was probably one of those things where they knew it was way too big but didn't feel like fighting with him, so they just changed it that night where he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Everybody realizes Kanye West literally/semiliterally thinks he is God, right? The megalomania is at least on par with the Kim Jong ___ clan - really, zero exaggeration there. Adam had a good point about how strange this Taylor Swift feud is; Kanye's hard-edged racial messiah persona vs. Swift's squeaky-clean-but-vapid bubblegum pop persona. West is such a radioactively frothing lunatic; it's hard not to see him being dead or quadriplegic 10 years from now.

I've always found Shatner pretentious, and I didn't care for the passing comment about getting back to the book (really dick, you want to make $ure you stay on task promoting your book in the wake of your friend's death?), but given the weight of the content, I thought it ended up a good interview with some contemplative commentary from that fop Shatner. Even if Adam periodically ruined it with stupid, Pilkington-esque commentary like, "that's weird, isn't it?"
Uh, should we, uh, do a little, uh, news?

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

If you're really interested in Shatner, particularly his personal life, it's probably worth a listen. It's a real interview.

Provigilant

imchipdouglas wrote:
vulcanized rubber wrote:It seems to me like the SNL staff purposely waited until the night of the show to reduce Kanye's stage. It was probably one of those things where they knew it was way too big but didn't feel like fighting with him, so they just changed it that night where he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Everybody realizes Kanye West literally/semiliterally thinks he is God, right? The megalomania is at least on par with the Kim Jong ___ clan - really, zero exaggeration there. Adam had a good point about how strange this Taylor Swift feud is; Kanye's hard-edged racial messiah persona vs. Swift's squeaky-clean-but-vapid bubblegum pop persona. West is such a radioactively frothing lunatic; it's hard not to see him being dead or quadriplegic 10 years from now.

If you want an entertaining listen, check out Kanye West on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast. No matter what topic Ellis puts on the table for discussion, West turns it into a rambling story about himself and his opinions on Nike, Steve Jobs, Picasso, Leonardo DaVinci, etc. West comes across as a raving lunatic, yet Ellis kisses his ass and hangs on every word. It reminds me of the movie "Being There".

imchipdouglas

Provigilant wrote:
imchipdouglas wrote:

If you want an entertaining listen, check out Kanye West on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast. No matter what topic Ellis puts on the table for discussion, West turns it into a rambling story about himself and his opinions on Nike, Steve Jobs, Picasso, Leonardo DaVinci, etc. West comes across as a raving lunatic, yet Ellis kisses his ass and hangs on every word. It reminds me of the movie "Being There".

Bret is and always will be my favorite author because of American Psycho, Lunar Park and the like. Manically neurotic and neurotically manic; only a true madman could write AP. Couldn't get into his podcast though - the combination of cynicism and pretentious, whispered introspection was too much to make it past a half a dozen episodes.

That said, I'll give the KW show a listen. To think of the two of them trying to outdo one another is incredible. I can't believe he got him on the show.

imchipdouglas

After I wrote that it occurred to me that your avatar is Bateman.

PeterNorth
uhhhhhhhhhhh

Which is worse, Adam bringing in his dog and letting it run around the studio while the podcast is recording live, or Adam giving his kids time on the mic?

poochies uncle

If Kanye West was a middle aged white comedian/podcaster on the d-list, his name would be Adam Carolla. The narcissism is strong in these two.

And it is funny to hear adam talk about what a joy dogs are, and how we love them for their purity. Back in the beginning of the podcast for months, shortly after balds brain cancer treatment, Adam repeatedly bitched because he saw balds dog sleeping on his couch and the countless Kanye like rants about people and their dogs that he has encountered through the years since.
But now we must love dogs and bring them everywhere.
His narcissism even goes to his dogs too.

Provigilant

PeterNorth wrote:Which is worse, Adam bringing in his dog and letting it run around the studio while the podcast is recording live, or Adam giving his kids time on the mic?

To answer this question, you need only to listen to the Superbowl XLIX podcast.

DonnyCal

I would kick that puppybabymonkey though the field goal of life.
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Cherry Pie
Perhaps I'm making snap judgments again.

I guess I should listen to this.
The asian guy tossing a black guy's salad, while his nuts were set on the asian guy's forehead probably shouldn't be in there- Old Snake

zinc

Shatner is Shatner. At the age of 85 he is putting out a book about his dead friend and keeping the profits for himself.
Adam Carolla has never said bro, and you have never heard me say bro. - Adam Carolla 6/24/2017 Ace On The House
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never had an issue with pop music. -Adam Carolla. 3/9/2016
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

Elevation

What time does Shatner come on

Tijuanapussypatrol

Am I the only one that thought that Shatner has a touch of the dementia? He is as likely to have written his own book as Adam.

Ohh. And Adam to be fair isn't hitting the L in stalker. Stocker ftw!

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

Tijuanapussypatrol wrote:Am I the only one that thought that Shatner has a touch of the dementia? He is as likely to have written his own book as Adam.

Ohh. And Adam to be fair isn't hitting the L in stalker. Stocker ftw!

I think you're gonna be the only one. Shatner is like 85--he's amazingly sharp for that age.

pcro99

zinc wrote:Shatner is Shatner. At the age of 85 he is putting out a book about his dead friend and keeping the profits for himself.

um . . .#1 Did they discuss at all where the profits are going? and #2 If he wrote the book, why shouldnt he get the profits?