Login   Register
 Login    Register
ACS: How/can you promote it? Where/how do you listen to it?
Dalepracon

it's not easy cranking out a great show 5 days a week/48 weeks a year.

Not every show is amazing, but Adam has a ton of classic moments on ACS and has debuted (<that's a messed up word) some great new guests, that I would have not heard anywhere else.

DFG, Jo Koy, DAG, Dana Gould, Steel Panther (Lick it Up!) , etc.

Dalepracon

I catch every Adan Carolla Show daily on my iPod Touch which I sync to iTunes nightly. So I don't have to deal with data limits and/or streaming issues on the cell network.

I work as a communications technician. So I wear my earbuds while working on transmission lines and testing and repairing network issues.

I also listen to Joe Rogan, Your Mom's House, The Church of What's Happening Now, and Radiolab. I'm going to check out Daves of Thunder because of you losers. It better be good.

Where/how do you listen?

Mattyboy
Great teeth AND clean vag?! Lemme get those digits

Dalepracon wrote:it's not easy cranking out a great show 5 days a week/48 weeks a year.

Not every show is amazing, but Adam has a ton of classic moments on ACS and has debuted (<that's a messed up word) some great new guests, that I would have not heard anywhere else.

DFG, Jo Koy, DAG, Dana Gould, Steel Panther (Lick it Up!) , etc.

I stopped listening when the bad shows outweighed the good at about a ratio of 28 to 2. And not necessarily "bad" shows, but just kind of "meh." Basically when Adam turned on cruise control.
RIP Uncle Al. Always in our T's&P's

Cherry Pie wrote: I don't know what my point is, exactly...

HuellHauser wrote:I'm in a lot of signatures.

Mattyboy

Dalepracon wrote:I catch every Adan Carolla Show daily on my iPod Touch which I sync to iTunes nightly. So I don't have to deal with data limits and/or streaming issues on the cell network.

I work as a communications technician. So I wear my earbuds while working on transmission lines and testing and repairing network issues.

I also listen to Joe Rogan, Your Mom's House, The Church of What's Happening Now, and Radiolab. I'm going to check out Daves of Thunder because of you losers. It better be good.

Where/how do you listen?

You should check out the Classic Loveline podcast and also check out http://www.lovelinetapes.com if you're not familiar with Adam's earlier work. There are thousands of hours to listen to. You can subscribe to the Classic Loveline podcast through iTunes, however there is no RSS for lovelinetapes.com (yet) so you'll have to manually download episodes. If you need a starting point suggestion, I would recommend starting with shows in 1999.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Isn't the answer going to be literally the same for everyone who listens?

Where = at home or work or in car
How = phone/mp3 player
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

AndySmith
Im not special.

Hypermotard wrote:Isn't the answer going to be literally the same for everyone who listens?

How = phone/mp3 player

Believe my answer is quite different.

I download the files to my computer then I play them through my home surround sound and record that using my old Tascam 4-track cassette recorder. Then I take that cassette and play it back recording it with my iPhone so that it becomes an mp3 again. Then I email that file to a company that will take your mp3s and create vinyl records out of them. Once they have arrived in the mail I play them using a vintage turntable I was able to pick up at a Salvation Army store.

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

AndySmith wrote:
Hypermotard wrote:Isn't the answer going to be literally the same for everyone who listens?

How = phone/mp3 player

Believe my answer is quite different.

I download the files to my computer then I play them through my home surround sound and record that using my old Tascam 4-track cassette recorder. Then I take that cassette and play it back recording it with my iPhone so that it becomes an mp3 again. Then I email that file to a company that will take your mp3s and create vinyl records out of them. Once they have arrived in the mail I play them using a vintage turntable I was able to pick up at a Salvation Army store.

Poseur. Wax cylinder or get the fuck out.
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

Mattyboy

Mattyboy wrote:I stopped listening when the bad shows outweighed the good at about a ratio of 28 to 2. And not necessarily "bad" shows, but just kind of "meh." Basically when Adam turned on cruise control.

I can hear my 7th grade math teacher yelling at me now...14 to 1

Dalepracon

Loveline was good but Dr. Drew is a flatliner for me.

He should make love to David Wild so they can have a baby with no spinal cord.

But I guess Drew creates a symbiotic relationship that works with Adam.

Dalepracon

Mattyboy wrote:
Mattyboy wrote:I stopped listening when the bad shows outweighed the good at about a ratio of 28 to 2. And not necessarily "bad" shows, but just kind of "meh." Basically when Adam turned on cruise control.

I can hear my 7th grade math teacher yelling at me now...14 to 1

haha,

lovelinefan
I don't have a dog and I don't like french fries

Dalepracon wrote:Loveline was good but Dr. Drew is a flatliner for me.

He should make love to David Wild so they can have a baby with no spinal cord.

What the fuck?
Lovelinefan ain't nothin to fuck with

Keyless Chuck

I can't motivate myself to listen, how the fuck can I promote his show to anyone else? I am like a lot of people here in that I listened to Adam on Loveline and loved his wit and humor. I even stood in line to purchase and have him sign a couple bottles of his bum wine. Sometime in the past couple years, however, he's changed into a bitchy, angry, narcissistic a-hole that goes off on 20 minute rants on leaving a bag of chips open or leaving keys in the wrong place. That shit may be funny as a 2 minute quip ONCE, but he does that shit several times a week at this point, often while he has a guest waiting to come into the studio for an "interview" with him. He constantly harps on people not begin prepared when he phones into radio stations when he's promoting his shit, but the guy does exactly the same thing to his guests. I'm still steamed that he hasn't watching one fucking episode of Breaking Bad or he gets to interview Dean Strang but can't take the time to even watch one episode of Making a Murderer. Then of course there is the parenting advice along with a ton of other hypocritical shit he spouts. Then there's the rotating guest list of Joy, David Wild, Matchity, repeat. Yadda, yadda, yadda. He is best at live, phone-in comedy and analysis à la Loveline. That's about it. The guy can't act, he has a face for radio, and he has either pissed off or shit on 90% of people in the entertainment industry. Even Kimmel keeps him at a distance, and who could blame him because he literally stinks. Shower you stinky fuck! I can't promote this show. Why would I? Thankfully there's Neil and Paul to ween me off Ace's show. They are doing the Lord's work I tell you!

Watersmack

Keyless Chuck wrote:I can't motivate myself to listen, how the fuck can I promote his show to anyone else? I am like a lot of people here in that I listened to Adam on Loveline and loved his wit and humor. I even stood in line to purchase and have him sign a couple bottles of his bum wine. Sometime in the past couple years, however, he's changed into a bitchy, angry, narcissistic a-hole that goes off on 20 minute rants on leaving a bag of chips open or leaving keys in the wrong place. That shit may be funny as a 2 minute quip ONCE, but he does that shit several times a week at this point, often while he has a guest waiting to come into the studio for an "interview" with him. He constantly harps on people not begin prepared when he phones into radio stations when he's promoting his shit, but the guy does exactly the same thing to his guests. I'm still steamed that he hasn't watching one fucking episode of Breaking Bad or he gets to interview Dean Strang but can't take the time to even watch one episode of Making a Murderer. Then of course there is the parenting advice along with a ton of other hypocritical shit he spouts. Then there's the rotating guest list of Joy, David Wild, Matchity, repeat. Yadda, yadda, yadda. He is best at live, phone-in comedy and analysis à la Loveline. That's about it. The guy can't act, he has a face for radio, and he has either pissed off or shit on 90% of people in the entertainment industry. Even Kimmel keeps him at a distance, and who could blame him because he literally stinks. Shower you stinky fuck! I can't promote this show. Why would I? Thankfully there's Neil and Paul to ween me off Ace's show. They are doing the Lord's work I tell you!

Plus, you know, those teeth.

mutual disinterest
you may be excited, but no one else cares

Keyless Chuck wrote:I can't motivate myself to listen, how the fuck can I promote his show to anyone else? I am like a lot of people here in that I listened to Adam on Loveline and loved his wit and humor. I even stood in line to purchase and have him sign a couple bottles of his bum wine. Sometime in the past couple years, however, he's changed into a bitchy, angry, narcissistic a-hole that goes off on 20 minute rants on leaving a bag of chips open or leaving keys in the wrong place. That shit may be funny as a 2 minute quip ONCE, but he does that shit several times a week at this point, often while he has a guest waiting to come into the studio for an "interview" with him. He constantly harps on people not begin prepared when he phones into radio stations when he's promoting his shit, but the guy does exactly the same thing to his guests. I'm still steamed that he hasn't watching one fucking episode of Breaking Bad or he gets to interview Dean Strang but can't take the time to even watch one episode of Making a Murderer. Then of course there is the parenting advice along with a ton of other hypocritical shit he spouts. Then there's the rotating guest list of Joy, David Wild, Matchity, repeat. Yadda, yadda, yadda. He is best at live, phone-in comedy and analysis à la Loveline. That's about it. The guy can't act, he has a face for radio, and he has either pissed off or shit on 90% of people in the entertainment industry. Even Kimmel keeps him at a distance, and who could blame him because he literally stinks. Shower you stinky fuck! I can't promote this show. Why would I? Thankfully there's Neil and Paul to ween me off Ace's show. They are doing the Lord's work I tell you!

fantastic post.
agree with all of it.
"Mutual Disinterest, you are one witty person. I won't even try to duel with your cleverness. You have bested me, and I kneel before your greatness."

"if You flash a girl you pay her 300,000, If she flashes you, you pay her 20 bucks."