Login   Register
 Login    Register
ACS: How/can you promote it? Where/how do you listen to it?
appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

Keyless Chuck wrote:I can't motivate myself to listen, how the fuck can I promote his show to anyone else? I am like a lot of people here in that I listened to Adam on Loveline and loved his wit and humor. I even stood in line to purchase and have him sign a couple bottles of his bum wine. Sometime in the past couple years, however, he's changed into a bitchy, angry, narcissistic a-hole that goes off on 20 minute rants on leaving a bag of chips open or leaving keys in the wrong place. That shit may be funny as a 2 minute quip ONCE, but he does that shit several times a week at this point, often while he has a guest waiting to come into the studio for an "interview" with him. He constantly harps on people not begin prepared when he phones into radio stations when he's promoting his shit, but the guy does exactly the same thing to his guests. I'm still steamed that he hasn't watching one fucking episode of Breaking Bad or he gets to interview Dean Strang but can't take the time to even watch one episode of Making a Murderer. Then of course there is the parenting advice along with a ton of other hypocritical shit he spouts. Then there's the rotating guest list of Joy, David Wild, Matchity, repeat. Yadda, yadda, yadda. He is best at live, phone-in comedy and analysis à la Loveline. That's about it. The guy can't act, he has a face for radio, and he has either pissed off or shit on 90% of people in the entertainment industry. Even Kimmel keeps him at a distance, and who could blame him because he literally stinks. Shower you stinky fuck! I can't promote this show. Why would I? Thankfully there's Neil and Paul to ween me off Ace's show. They are doing the Lord's work I tell you!

Welcome to the forum!
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Keyless Chuck

appleshampoo wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Thank you. This feels like home.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Dalepracon wrote: Steel Panther (Lick it Up!)

That is a classic episode!! I'm so glad that lives on in our memory years later. Too bad they never came back.

Dalepracon

Prison Mike wrote:
Dalepracon wrote: Steel Panther (Lick it Up!)

That is a classic episode!! I'm so glad that lives on in our memory years later. Too bad they never came back.

They live in Los Angeles for God's sake and they've released 3 albums since that episode.

WTF?

It would be perfect to have them come on ACS and promote their new albums.

Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Dalepracon,

Do you also remember the Jack in the Box episode from the early days of the podcast?

They should put these out as "Best of..." shows, but with Donny involved they probably won't.

It's funny how once Adam decides to put someone out of his life (Donny, Alison) they are never mentioned again.

Harmony_Keane

I've only ever told two people about the podcast, they both had already been occasional listeners of his during his morning radio show and were surprised to find out he was still around.

appleshampoo
Apples | Ham | Poo

Prison Mike wrote:Dalepracon,

Do you also remember the Jack in the Box episode from the early days of the podcast?

They should put these out as "Best of..." shows, but with Donny involved they probably won't.

It's funny how once Adam decides to put someone out of his life (Donny, Alison) they are never mentioned again.

The Jack episode was good. I remember that.
Hypermotard wrote:I regret that ask.

Nate505

I gave up on his show. I'll come to this forum from time to time to see if it's improved, but for a couple years that's been a negatory. The last time I listened to an episode made me long for the Bonaduce days. Even there he seem more into it.

The sad thing is the podcast had so much promise at first. I guess for him if it's a better money making venture than that's the important thing to him, but he's not very entertaining anymore. Which is a shame because ages ago I really believed he was one of the underrated person on the planet in terms of funny and wit.

zinc

A great way to promote the show is to hit play on your iPod when you are at work and forget to plug-in your ear buds. If you are lucky the volume is cranked up and Adam is launching into one of his race rants. Let it keep playing until you get the disapproval looks and head shakes from your co-workers. Explain to them that it's OK because it's comedy. Good times. :shock:
I have never said dude unless I was making fun of a dude saying dude. - Adam Carolla 10/9/2017
Adam Carolla has never said bro, and you have never heard me say bro. - Adam Carolla 6/24/2017 Ace On The House
Everybody wants to know the modality of, of how to get their voice across but, they don't really think about their voice. :shock: -Adam Carolla. 2/14/2017
I have never purchased a joke and I have never sold a joke. -Adam Carolla. 2/4/2015

Tijuanapussypatrol

zinc wrote:A great way to promote the show is to hit play on your iPod when you are at work and forget to plug-in your ear buds. If you are lucky the volume is cranked up and Adam is launching into one of his race rants. Let it keep playing until you get the disapproval looks and head shakes from your co-workers. Explain to them that it's OK because it's comedy. Good times. :shock:

Lol. Until HR shows up at your desk with a security guard and cardboard box.