Login   Register
 Login    Register
2016-03-01 ACS: David Javerbaum
cantjudge
69 feels like 69, amirite?

I enjoyed the frenetic unpredictable line breaks.

Can't Possibly Judge/10

HowWouldIKnowThat
My bad, didn't even look at what thread we were in

That's how we

do

Burt
SEG is correct

There is power in the CR.

johnsok0
I had Taco Bell breakfast and my ass is exploding

<CR><LF>
Born Again Delta Fu

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Todd Brisket wrote:That was a good bit today about the ear piece. It's some high level meta comedy to go on for 30 minutes about it and to keep bringing it up.

I was really hoping you guys were using hyperbole. I could not believe how much was hitting the FFWD and he was still on the ear piece talk. What. The. Fuck.

HowWouldIKnowThat

He asks the guest in leiu of asking what the play is about. So good.

BTaylor
Banana Cream Pie Pundit

Does he go off on the Oscar racism stuff at all? He made passing reference in the first 30 but I had to stop listening. I was actually looking forward to hearing him go off on that topic and he did the stupid ear piece deal.

HowWouldIKnowThat

BTaylor wrote:Does he go off on the Oscar racism stuff at all? He made passing reference in the first 30 but I had to stop listening. I was actually looking forward to hearing him go off on that topic and he did the stupid ear piece deal.

Most of that is first 30, but he keeps going back to the well for quick sips throughout.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

Why didn't Chris Rock just spray paint the $5000 earpiece brown like his skin color?

Pram solved?
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.

Neil T
Dead chuffed

AP March 02, 2016: The Oscars and isabevigodadead.com (Adam Carolla Show: David Javerbaum)

http://afterpod.net/the-oscars-and-isabevigodadead

The show opens with some HOT IFB talk, but quickly moves on to the question of how and if People Of Color are under-represented in movies.
Paul defines Russell Crowe's two working modes and mini-spoils The Revenant for Neil. Sacha Baron-Cohen's appearance is explained and his appearance on the radio is praised. [Sacha on The Chris Moyles Show (MP3)]

Neil puts baby in the corner and publicists in a scroll while checking http://isabevigodadead.com/
Paul tries not to be aware of date rape in Hollywood and Neil becomes more aware of breast cancer. Oscar clip theories are explored, almost as closely as Chris Rock's chameleon microphone. To close the show, Neil asks who writes Adam's questions, then talks Cobblers, Oscar snubs and ranking art.

Help support AfterPod by clicking through and bookmarking http://afterpod.net/amazon

Music: bensound.com

1780's Guy
Omnipotent Ramrod

wojonixon wrote:The spelling is too consistent, it's at least 10000 words too short and he's not calling anyone a tard.

Congrats on your Post Of The Week achievement!
Follow @CarollaBoards for updates & news! -- TWITTER ME @1780sGuy
Feeney, to Dameshek (re: reading message boards): How 'bout you read your daughter a book? "Oh, no no no, I gotta see what 1780's Guy said." [Daves Of Thunder, Episode 60]

wojonixon
Lily white and always polite

1780's Guy wrote:
wojonixon wrote:The spelling is too consistent, it's at least 10000 words too short and he's not calling anyone a tard.

I've worked really hard for this and I'm just gonna sit back and bask in the glory I so richly deserve.
johnsok0 wrote:Traci's a dirty ho

kombat

Does Adam not realize that "Screenwriting" is more than just the dialog? That whole exchange about them picking "dialog light" clips for examples of screenwriting for the Oscars, Adam's main point seemed to be that they were bad examples because there was hardly any dialog. But screenwriting isn't just the dialog - it's all the description and setup and the whole thing. You're basically writing a play. I felt for sure I was missing something, because Adam's been directly involved in creating not one, but two movies. Surely he knows what "screenwriting" is, no?

poochies uncle

wojonixon wrote:
1780's Guy wrote:

I've worked really hard for this and I'm just gonna sit back and bask in the glory I so richly deserve.

Take it back and say you are sorry!

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

How 'bout that.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Neil T wrote:Ow, my balls are on fire. etc.