Login   Register
 Login    Register
"The News" on The Adam Carolla Podcast
Nopales

Does Adam want to know if we like "the News", or if we like the idea of the podcast going live?
Judging by the number of people kissing his ass over his chemistry with T., I would assume that most people think he wants to know how we the listeners liked "the News".
I think he wants to know if we like the idea of this going live, as in you have to listen in at a designated time.
Everyone needs to let Adam know how they feel about this.
My opinion: BOOO bad idea Ace-Man. This one trait of a podcast (that you can listen at 11:00 PM after a couple of bong loads) is a very important advantage over terrestial radio. Don't flush it down the toilet because you miss the old school feeling of your words being heard by the masses as they are exiting your mouth.
Thank you and mahalo

Spider Jerusalem

I would say yes, only because it seems to be the best way to get new material from the Aceman. The guests often don't bring a lot to the table, and Adam tends to fall back on shit we've heard a thousand times before. At least this might set up a regular system whereby Adam is presented with something to comment on, which usually is what gets him on interesting tangents.
However:
Teresa twice a week is overkill. Either cut back on the weekly T&BB appearances or forget T and bring a newspaper to the warehouse.
And this ain't the fuckin' View, man. Forget the American Idol shit; that sort of TMZ crap got old on the radio show, too. Get those interns to find something interesting and socially relevant.

babyfeet

I would love to have Teresa do the news every day. But I don't think she's up for it. Once a week will give it more punch.
I find T haters unfathomable. None of their arguments against her hold any water. At heart it's just a tired, ponderous misogyny. I blame their mothers. I will continue to envision all T haters posting while wearing Juggalo paint and swillling Faygo.
Last edited by babyfeet on August 8th, 2009, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeykisMan!

babyfeet wrote:I would love to have Teresa do the news every day. But I don't think she's up for it. Once a week will give it more punch.
I find T haters unfathomable. None of their arguments against her hold any water. At heart it's just a tired, ponderous misogyny. I blame their mothers. I will continue to envision all T haters posting while wearing Juggalo paint and swillling Faygo.

Cyberpumpkin

I liked this news format. Wouldn't mind seeing it weekly, and taking up no-guest days.
T is funny, and like others have said, she compliments Aceman well. She gets it when he's going into the "reenactment" mode without him having to laboriously set it up.
On the subject of getting news from Stewart and Colbert: I can't knock it, since they seem to be the only news source/commentators not burning all their calories just trying to drive viewers out of their fucking skulls with anxiety.

The Six

Yes, if done by someone other than T.
No, if done by T.

Glaeken
I have hair growing out of my earlobes

babyfeet wrote:I find T haters unfathomable. None of their arguments against her hold any water. At heart it's just a tired, ponderous misogyny. I blame their mothers. I will continue to envision all T haters posting while wearing Juggalo paint and swillling Faygo.

Speaking of holding absolutely no water...
Back in cat hair-covered black.

Glaeken
I have hair growing out of my earlobes

bluesrocker wrote:You can't say this news episode wasn't in the top 3 of all the Carolla podcasts thus far (if not the best one so far).

OK, this is just getting into the realm of foolishness. Seriously if this was the best show yet, when it wasn't even Carolla's best... I swear you people don't like Adam. What is it about T that makes him so much better? Is it the fact he sounds sedated, back in his old caged morning DJ role?
Back in cat hair-covered black.

LadyShoes

Glaeken wrote:OK, this is just getting into the realm of foolishness. Seriously if this was the best show yet, when it wasn't even Carolla's best... I swear you people don't like Adam. What is it about T that makes him so much better? Is it the fact he sounds sedated, back in his old caged morning DJ role?

Oh, Glaeken. Just let it be.

Two Bit Monster

I was getting tired of the weekly pregnancy talk, but this gives Adam the opportunity to do what he does best; riff on current events and offer insights we don’t get in the podcast interview format.

BlahBlahBlog

Clearly the T haters are a weird minority here. A solid 80% of voters like this idea, and want one or more days devoted to it.
I would argue it is the T haters who don't like Adam. Adam clearly likes/respects/wants T on the show. Who are you to second guess his decisions for HIS show?

cmr
taco muncher

It seems like late last year-through early this year, the T hate was palpable. It seems to have dissipated immensely in the past few months.

topoftheline89

I think the news is inferior to the traditional podcasts because it narrows the playing field. And doesn't provoke the telling of great stories. And alot of time guest's stories will allow for great ace man commentary. News limits the variety of the show. the news is ok but it reminds me of a really stupid syndicated radio show called "the bob and tom show" where a woman named christi reads odd news stories and they crack obvious jokes.
The news has little excitement and creates no expectation for good jokes. When its an interesting guest in there anything is possible and its fun to here guests attitudes change as ace plays around with them some like when he said he wanted to fuck cricket( jack in box wife).
"go deep" with some celebrities or friends and keep up the good work.

dimeforscale

cmr wrote:It seems like late last year-through early this year, the T hate was palpable. It seems to have dissipated immensely in the past few months.

I for one don't see the need to constantly state my feeling on the matter, since it will just result in "you're stupid" posts from the pro-T people.
Admittedly, sometimes, I can't help myself.
All I know, and can state definitively, is that I'm not going to listen to any show with T on it and if she's a regular on the new podcast next year, I won't be listening.
I love Adam, but I stopped listening when they added Bonaduce and didn't come back until the podcast.

thebspodcast

This format is better the the interviews. We need some more commentary on adam's part. We need to RANTS man!
Check podcast reviews on kissmybigass.webs.com