Login   Register
 Login    Register
How much $ would you pay per podcast?
CannotJudge
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 63 | Offline
Joined: Jan 6, 2008
I would be more than willing to spend $1.29 per podcast. I get more enjoyment out of these podcasts than I do from the single songs I buy on iTunes.

Ascendancy
User avatar
1.21 Jigawatts!
 
Rank: User
Posts: 2,327 | Offline
Joined: Apr 23, 2009

There is no way i am paying for a podcast.

ebolarama
User avatar
intentionally bad ass wiper
 
Rank: User
Posts: 9,667 | Offline
Joined: Jul 1, 2007

I barely even listen to the free podcast... so my vote goes for wouldn't pay

dimeforscale
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 360 | Offline
Joined: Apr 30, 2007

Given how few shows I now listen to, I'd much rather pay a la carte per show than have to subscribe per month. I don't think I could in good conscience know any part of my money was going to any episodes with T.

Frank Grimes
User avatar
 
Rank: Vetted
Posts: 2,355 | Offline
Joined: Jul 12, 2007

dimeforscale wrote:Given how few shows I now listen to, I'd much rather pay a la carte per show than have to subscribe per month. I don't think I could in good conscience know any part of my money was going to any episodes with T.

If ACP went to a pay-to-listen model, it really wouldn't be a hard choice... considering that all the other podcasts I enjoy, don't.

Mr_BlaK
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 2,425 | Offline
Joined: Jan 9, 2008

no no no, we are not going to have this stupid conversation again
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Sometimes I get emotional over fonts”-Kanye West

Ascendancy
User avatar
1.21 Jigawatts!
 
Rank: User
Posts: 2,327 | Offline
Joined: Apr 23, 2009

Add up how much a year you would be spending on a hour long podcast. There is no way i would pay that much for it.

CannotJudge
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 63 | Offline
Joined: Jan 6, 2008

Ascendancy wrote:Add up how much a year you would be spending on a hour long podcast. There is no way i would pay that much for it.

$309.60. I spend $540 a year on Starbucks that I piss out at the end of the day.

Ascendancy
User avatar
1.21 Jigawatts!
 
Rank: User
Posts: 2,327 | Offline
Joined: Apr 23, 2009

CannotJudge wrote:$309.60. I spend $540 a year on Starbucks that I piss out at the end of the day.

Ugh i dont want to know how much i spend on starbucks every year.

CannotJudge
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 63 | Offline
Joined: Jan 6, 2008

Ascendancy wrote:Ugh i dont want to know how much i spend on starbucks every year.

I know. That was a number I never calculated up until about 5 minutes ago. I get the cheap stuff also. Iced Grande Americano. $2.25.

Two Bit Monster
User avatar
 
Rank: User
Posts: 578 | Offline
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I don’t mind podcasts with commercials but I doubt I’d sign up for a paid subscription.

rso
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 8 | Offline
Joined: Feb 23, 2009

well i did the math. if i payed 10cents an episode
.10 (an episode)
x 5 episodes a week.
x 4.3 (average weeks a month)
x 12 months
would be $25.80 a month.
I would pay a flat rate of $30 or $25 a year to listen to Adam. But I do see where everyone is coming from that they don't want to pay for episodes especially ones that are super boring or sucks like the ones with that stupid Van Stone band or whatever their names were who kept talking about gay people
But the ones with Jimmy etc are definitely worth some money. I think people just hesitate because they don't want to pay for an episode that they won't like etc and because there are other free programs
I wouldn't mind having commercials in the podcasts too I think whatever Adam needs to do to make some money or over his overhead and maybe gets some interesting guests on there.

rso
User avatar
 
Rank: New User
Posts: 8 | Offline
Joined: Feb 23, 2009

rso wrote:well i did the math. if i payed 10cents an episode
.10 (an episode)
x 5 episodes a week.
x 4.3 (average weeks a month)
x 12 months
would be $25.80 a month.
I would pay a flat rate of $30 or $25 a year to listen to Adam. But I do see where everyone is coming from that they don't want to pay for episodes especially ones that are super boring or sucks like the ones with that stupid Van Stone band or whatever their names were who kept talking about gay people
But the ones with Jimmy etc are definitely worth some money. I think people just hesitate because they don't want to pay for an episode that they won't like etc and because there are other free programs
I wouldn't mind having commercials in the podcasts too I think whatever Adam needs to do to make some money or over his overhead and maybe gets some interesting guests on there.

opps i mean 25.8 a year. not a month.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest