Login   Register
 Login    Register
How much $ would you pay per podcast?
CannotJudge

I would be more than willing to spend $1.29 per podcast. I get more enjoyment out of these podcasts than I do from the single songs I buy on iTunes.

Ascendancy
1.21 Jigawatts!

There is no way i am paying for a podcast.

ebolarama
intentionally bad ass wiper

I barely even listen to the free podcast... so my vote goes for wouldn't pay

dimeforscale

Given how few shows I now listen to, I'd much rather pay a la carte per show than have to subscribe per month. I don't think I could in good conscience know any part of my money was going to any episodes with T.

Frank Grimes

dimeforscale wrote:Given how few shows I now listen to, I'd much rather pay a la carte per show than have to subscribe per month. I don't think I could in good conscience know any part of my money was going to any episodes with T.

If ACP went to a pay-to-listen model, it really wouldn't be a hard choice... considering that all the other podcasts I enjoy, don't.

Mr_BlaK

no no no, we are not going to have this stupid conversation again
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IpHHtl8gC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Sometimes I get emotional over fonts”-Kanye West

Ascendancy
1.21 Jigawatts!

Add up how much a year you would be spending on a hour long podcast. There is no way i would pay that much for it.

CannotJudge

Ascendancy wrote:Add up how much a year you would be spending on a hour long podcast. There is no way i would pay that much for it.

$309.60. I spend $540 a year on Starbucks that I piss out at the end of the day.

Ascendancy
1.21 Jigawatts!

CannotJudge wrote:$309.60. I spend $540 a year on Starbucks that I piss out at the end of the day.

Ugh i dont want to know how much i spend on starbucks every year.

CannotJudge

Ascendancy wrote:Ugh i dont want to know how much i spend on starbucks every year.

I know. That was a number I never calculated up until about 5 minutes ago. I get the cheap stuff also. Iced Grande Americano. $2.25.

Two Bit Monster

I don’t mind podcasts with commercials but I doubt I’d sign up for a paid subscription.

rso

well i did the math. if i payed 10cents an episode
.10 (an episode)
x 5 episodes a week.
x 4.3 (average weeks a month)
x 12 months
would be $25.80 a month.
I would pay a flat rate of $30 or $25 a year to listen to Adam. But I do see where everyone is coming from that they don't want to pay for episodes especially ones that are super boring or sucks like the ones with that stupid Van Stone band or whatever their names were who kept talking about gay people
But the ones with Jimmy etc are definitely worth some money. I think people just hesitate because they don't want to pay for an episode that they won't like etc and because there are other free programs
I wouldn't mind having commercials in the podcasts too I think whatever Adam needs to do to make some money or over his overhead and maybe gets some interesting guests on there.

rso

rso wrote:well i did the math. if i payed 10cents an episode
.10 (an episode)
x 5 episodes a week.
x 4.3 (average weeks a month)
x 12 months
would be $25.80 a month.
I would pay a flat rate of $30 or $25 a year to listen to Adam. But I do see where everyone is coming from that they don't want to pay for episodes especially ones that are super boring or sucks like the ones with that stupid Van Stone band or whatever their names were who kept talking about gay people
But the ones with Jimmy etc are definitely worth some money. I think people just hesitate because they don't want to pay for an episode that they won't like etc and because there are other free programs
I wouldn't mind having commercials in the podcasts too I think whatever Adam needs to do to make some money or over his overhead and maybe gets some interesting guests on there.

opps i mean 25.8 a year. not a month.