Login   Register
 Login    Register

Is Adam's success due to luck or hard work?

luck
16%
hard work
32%
both
52%

Total votes : 31
(Poll) Adam's success: luck or hard work?
Prison Mike
Why don't we pump some iron? Anyone wanna pump up?

Based on the conversation in the Jeff Dunham show thread, I figured I'd make a poll. Did luck have nothing to do with it, everything to do with it, or was it a combination?

Gimme a break
You made humor the issue, not me.

Poll within a poll-

"What color would you get if you stripped the keys off a piano and frapped them in a blender?"

A. Black

B. White

C. Grey

I bet at least 10% of people would answer a or b with this poll.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

we should define successful in Hollywood terms though, yes?

compared to us he's successful, compared to his celebrity friends? Not so much
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Prison Mike

Is a zebra black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

Prison Mike

Yeah, compared to us.

Unless owning 36 cars is the norm now. Or what Jay Leno would call "a good start".

OldSnake
stupid moron with an ugly face & a big butt

Even by Adam's own recollection, the hardest he worked the least traction he got in the business. He only struck it rich after mostly given up on becoming an entertainment star and just called into his favorite morning show and did a funny voice, impressing Kimmel and the hosts. You could say the time he spent working on his improv helped out, but then again, a lot of wacky radio stunt guys have no improv history at all. There really isn't much that separates Adam from say, Sal the Stockerbroker or Richard Christy, just he got lucky that Kimmel and Dr. Drew liked him so much as opposed to Howard liking those other two, making them his indentured servants instead of looking out for their best interests. 80% luck, 20% hardwork
wbeaumo wrote:Clearly, this place is crawling with posters whose unofficial leader is that cockroach P.O.

Gimme a break

Every time Carolla talks about the Man Show, it's always about how lazy he was and how Kimmel did all the work. An exact quote from a pod I just listened to - "On the Man Show I prided myself on being the last one to show, AND the first to leave. I PRIDED MYSELF."

He's always talking about how on every comedy retreat he never worked, they always blew their entire budget (10's of thousands at a time) on strippers and booze.

It's fucking weird how this is the same man that lectures people about work ethic.

Hypermotard
You done been Hypmotized

It's hard work keeping up with Danny Two-Sheets.
If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

appleshampoo wrote:"The Goodfellas of figure skating"...Uhhh..okay.

Hollywood
....chubby, fat face, and B cups

Gimme a break wrote:Every time Carolla talks about the Man Show, it's always about how lazy he was and how Kimmel did all the work. An exact quote from a pod I just listened to - "On the Man Show I prided myself on being the last one to show, AND the first to leave. I PRIDED MYSELF."

He's always talking about how on every comedy retreat he never worked, they always blew their entire budget (10's of thousands at a time) on strippers and booze.

It's fucking weird how this is the same man that lectures people about work ethic.

tells you to work for free to get your foot in the door, because one time he worked for free as a boxing trainer for a radio station
SharonNeedles wrote:I'm with Jewdo on this one

Gimme a break

Knuckles Goldberg wrote:tells you to work for free to get your foot in the door, because one time he worked for free as a boxing trainer for a radio station

even with the stories he tells about that he hardly worked at all, they spent like 95% of the time just sitting around bullshitting. Mostly because Kimmel wasn't into physical exertion.

sven

Is being funny lucky?

Retardedpetesampras
Alison Rosen fan

I went with luck.
I love you.

AndySmith
Im not special.

It's obvious both. All the hard work wouldn't have meant shit without the lucky break. Adam didn't necessarily have success dropped into his lap. It's not like he showed up to install a closet organizer and some director made him the main character out of the blue. But there is a straight line from Kimmel coming down to meet him and him getting his foot in the door of Hollywood. Up to that point he had zero success doing exactly the same things, if not more to try to break in to show business.